sketchucation logo sketchucation
    • Login
    Oops, your profile's looking a bit empty! To help us tailor your experience, please fill in key details like your SketchUp version, skill level, operating system, and more. Update and save your info on your profile page today!
    ⚠️ Update | Sketchucation Tools 5.0.8 released with licensing improvements and bugfixes Download

    Swan Song

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Gallery
    20 Posts 14 Posters 1.5k Views 14 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • numbthumbN
      numbthumb
      last edited by

      The clue is in the images' title πŸ˜„

      Comfortably numb...

      1 Reply Last reply
      Reply Quote 0
      • KrisidiousK
        Krisidious
        last edited by

        oh that second image is just perfect. 😲

        By: Kristoff Rand
        Home DesignerUnique House Plans

        1 Reply Last reply
        Reply Quote 0
        • S
          SketchUpNoobie
          last edited by

          @numbthumb said:

          The clue is in the images' title πŸ˜„

          Ah, OK. I though that might be what it was but I wasn't sure. πŸ˜„

          --

          SketchUpNoobie: the complete noob in all things SketchUp.

          1 Reply Last reply
          Reply Quote 0
          • tademaT
            tadema
            last edited by

            Thank you everyone, John the square lines are the PNG files (trees) placed into the model. The trees look normal in most styles but that's how they show in hidden line mode. Hope this makes sense. Did you click the image for the larger view, you should be able to see Sammy Swan better.
            regards John

            1 Reply Last reply
            Reply Quote 0
            • S
              SketchUpNoobie
              last edited by

              @tadema said:

              Thank you everyone, John the square lines are the PNG files (trees) placed into the model. The trees look normal in most styles but that's how they show in hidden line mode. Hope this makes sense. Did you click the image for the larger view, you should be able to see Sammy Swan better.
              regards John

              Oh, so all your trees are imported right into your SketchUp model. Thanks. πŸ˜„

              Aha! Now I see him! I was looking at it (him) the wrong way. πŸ˜’

              --

              SketchUpNoobie: the complete noob in all things SketchUp.

              1 Reply Last reply
              Reply Quote 0
              • mitcorbM
                mitcorb
                last edited by

                Momentarily, I thought Swan Song suggested you were retiring. If it were true, what a way to go out πŸ’š On the other hand, that swan better hustle.
                Excellent work, mr. tadema πŸ‘ πŸ‘

                I take the slow, deliberate approach in my aimless wandering.

                1 Reply Last reply
                Reply Quote 0
                • Bryan KB
                  Bryan K
                  last edited by

                  Just getting better and better.... πŸ‘

                  See my portfolio at https://delphiscousin.blogspot.com/

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Reply Quote 0
                  • dermotcollD
                    dermotcoll
                    last edited by

                    Simply superb!! πŸ‘

                    When you burn your arse - you gotta sit on the blisters!!

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Reply Quote 0
                    • tademaT
                      tadema
                      last edited by

                      Thank you everyone 😳
                      mitcorb, I'll retire from posting when people become bored but I don't think I'll ever retire from using Sketchup.
                      regards John

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Reply Quote 0
                      • C
                        cadmunkey
                        last edited by

                        Excellent work as usual John, I always enjoy looking at your images.
                        I also was worried that you were giving up because of the thread title - glad to see it was just in homage to Sammy πŸ˜‰

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Reply Quote 0
                        • daleD
                          dale
                          last edited by

                          John, I simply love your work. It is so consistently perfect.
                          Keep them coming.
                          Cheers

                          Just monkeying around....like Monsanto

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          Reply Quote 0
                          • DanielD
                            Daniel
                            last edited by

                            smileyvault-worthy.gif

                            My avatar is an anachronism.

                            1 Reply Last reply
                            Reply Quote 0
                            • L
                              liam887
                              last edited by

                              Is this purely fictional or based on an actual location?

                              VISIT MY ONLINE GALLERY
                              http://www.robotsvdinosaurs.com/

                              1 Reply Last reply
                              Reply Quote 0
                              • pmolsonP
                                pmolson
                                last edited by

                                I agree with evryone that this is just excelent work!
                                But...the background tree directly in the center has the halo effect and my eye
                                just can't get past it.

                                Also, the swan seems to be swimming in something other than water.

                                I know...picky, picky, picky.

                                the composition is great!

                                paul

                                1 Reply Last reply
                                Reply Quote 0
                                • B
                                  bjornkn
                                  last edited by

                                  @pmolson said:

                                  Also, the swan seems to be swimming in something other than water.
                                  paul
                                  I'm pretty sure that was intentional - hence the title "Swan song", which implies that the swan is dying (at least that's what it means here in Norway)?
                                  IMO that swan doesn't work very well in this otherwise great model/image. It's hard to see what it is, strange pov and perspective, and not really needed to get the message through? I suppose the idea/title is that the watermill is dead/dying and that there is no more water passing through it?

                                  1 Reply Last reply
                                  Reply Quote 0
                                  • pmolsonP
                                    pmolson
                                    last edited by

                                    bjornkn, thanks for explaing the subtleties to me.

                                    Apparently the image is deeper than I am. πŸ˜„

                                    p

                                    1 Reply Last reply
                                    Reply Quote 0
                                    • tademaT
                                      tadema
                                      last edited by

                                      Thanks everyone, I never expected that Sammy would cause so much trouble 🀣 Liam the render is loosely based on a picture as is all my renders. Paul your correct and I changed a few things, I can see quite a few flaws in the render that others have not picked up, the hunters have taken Sammy. bjornkn, I knew someone would discover the artistic meaning behind my pictures , if only I could.
                                      John


                                      Swan Song 2.3~2.jpg

                                      1 Reply Last reply
                                      Reply Quote 0

                                      Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                      Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                      With your input, this post could be even better πŸ’—

                                      Register Login
                                      • 1 / 1
                                      • First post
                                        Last post
                                      Buy SketchPlus
                                      Buy SUbD
                                      Buy WrapR
                                      Buy eBook
                                      Buy Modelur
                                      Buy Vertex Tools
                                      Buy SketchCuisine
                                      Buy FormFonts

                                      Advertisement