sketchucation logo sketchucation
    • Login
    Oops, your profile's looking a bit empty! To help us tailor your experience, please fill in key details like your SketchUp version, skill level, operating system, and more. Update and save your info on your profile page today!
    ⚠️ Update | Sketchucation Tools 5.0.8 released with licensing improvements and bugfixes Download

    Render this: Rusted, busted old beaten up car

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Gallery
    49 Posts 23 Posters 6.2k Views 23 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • soloS
      solo
      last edited by

      Everyone's a critic....

      😳

      oops.

      Here it is: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1129899/Austin%5B1%5D.skp

      http://www.solos-art.com

      If you see a toilet in your dreams do not use it.

      1 Reply Last reply
      Reply Quote 0
      • tridemT
        tridem
        last edited by

        👍 such a nice car...what a pity to ruin it 😄

        1 Reply Last reply
        Reply Quote 0
        • pilouP
          pilou
          last edited by

          The breaker’s yard field 💚
          car.jpg

          Frenchy Pilou
          Is beautiful that please without concept!
          My Little site :)

          1 Reply Last reply
          Reply Quote 0
          • TIGT
            TIG Moderator
            last edited by

            Pilou, have you dropped a tab of acid? 😲

            TIG

            1 Reply Last reply
            Reply Quote 0
            • pilouP
              pilou
              last edited by

              Only sweet candy 😆

              http://www.idee-kdo.com/files/2009/11/bonbon-violette-berlingot.jpg

              Frenchy Pilou
              Is beautiful that please without concept!
              My Little site :)

              1 Reply Last reply
              Reply Quote 0
              • mitcorbM
                mitcorb
                last edited by

                One of these days he is gonna decide on his favorite color( or favourite colour) 💚

                I take the slow, deliberate approach in my aimless wandering.

                1 Reply Last reply
                Reply Quote 0
                • StilTegS
                  StilTeg
                  last edited by

                  He already decided his favorite color was "RAINBOW" ;o)

                  doing technical engineering on SketchUp ... without plugins

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Reply Quote 0
                  • daleD
                    dale
                    last edited by

                    When I try to export the model to Thea I am getting all these weird artifacts. I have done all the usual, purged unused, turned on hidden to see if there was anything, turned on hidden geometry to have a look, and run thomthoms Cleanup. Still have artifacts.
                    Any suggestions?


                    Screen shot 2011-06-17 at 8.53.38 AM.png

                    Just monkeying around....like Monsanto

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Reply Quote 0
                    • soloS
                      solo
                      last edited by

                      Strange, I exported model without doing any cleanup (as posted) and it's clean.


                      thea screen.jpg

                      http://www.solos-art.com

                      If you see a toilet in your dreams do not use it.

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Reply Quote 0
                      • daleD
                        dale
                        last edited by

                        Here is the .skp I was working with. All I did was add different colors so that I could identify and play with textures in Thea and set one scene.


                        Austin[1]~.skp

                        Just monkeying around....like Monsanto

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Reply Quote 0
                        • soloS
                          solo
                          last edited by

                          Flawless, try exporting without checking model hierarchy.

                          http://www.solos-art.com

                          If you see a toilet in your dreams do not use it.

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          Reply Quote 0
                          • daleD
                            dale
                            last edited by

                            Ah, thanks Pete, that was it alright.

                            Just monkeying around....like Monsanto

                            1 Reply Last reply
                            Reply Quote 0
                            • G
                              guy
                              last edited by

                              Quick test render. Can`t nail the glass though. 😡


                              AutoSave_Austin[1].png

                              1 Reply Last reply
                              Reply Quote 0
                              • tademaT
                                tadema
                                last edited by

                                Guy, I'm not sure what texture you've applied for the glass but the standard gray glass in SU works great, adjust opacity in SU and reflection in your render app.
                                Recycled farm house model!
                                John


                                Rusty car and Farm House 20.jpg

                                1 Reply Last reply
                                Reply Quote 0
                                • Bryan KB
                                  Bryan K
                                  last edited by

                                  😮

                                  See my portfolio at https://delphiscousin.blogspot.com/

                                  1 Reply Last reply
                                  Reply Quote 0
                                  • L
                                    leminilab
                                    last edited by

                                    😮 😲

                                    • "Live every day as if it were your last and then some day you'll be right."
                                    • "ThomThom rules!!!"
                                    1 Reply Last reply
                                    Reply Quote 0
                                    • tademaT
                                      tadema
                                      last edited by

                                      Told the wife that axle could never support her weight.....but as usual she always knows best


                                      01.jpg

                                      1 Reply Last reply
                                      Reply Quote 0
                                      • daleD
                                        dale
                                        last edited by

                                        John
                                        That rendering with the old farmhouse is just brilliant.
                                        Here's my contribution. Thea TR1 with PS post pro. This was a real challenge for me, and I hope I can play some more as I have really gained some knowledge.


                                        Austin Render 2 copy.jpg

                                        Just monkeying around....like Monsanto

                                        1 Reply Last reply
                                        Reply Quote 0
                                        • tademaT
                                          tadema
                                          last edited by

                                          Hello Dale, that looks great, I like the wheel on the back seat. "I hope I can play some more as I have really gained some knowledge." I don't think this is a time challenge thing, keep going.
                                          John

                                          1 Reply Last reply
                                          Reply Quote 0
                                          • soloS
                                            solo
                                            last edited by

                                            Looking good so far guys, I'm hoping to get to play next week also (got some work at moment 🎉 )

                                            http://www.solos-art.com

                                            If you see a toilet in your dreams do not use it.

                                            1 Reply Last reply
                                            Reply Quote 0

                                            Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                            Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                            With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                                            Register Login
                                            • 1
                                            • 2
                                            • 3
                                            • 3 / 3
                                            • First post
                                              Last post
                                            Buy SketchPlus
                                            Buy SUbD
                                            Buy WrapR
                                            Buy eBook
                                            Buy Modelur
                                            Buy Vertex Tools
                                            Buy SketchCuisine
                                            Buy FormFonts

                                            Advertisement