sketchucation logo sketchucation
    • Login
    Oops, your profile's looking a bit empty! To help us tailor your experience, please fill in key details like your SketchUp version, skill level, operating system, and more. Update and save your info on your profile page today!
    โš ๏ธ Update | Sketchucation Tools 5.0.8 released with licensing improvements and bugfixes Download

    Nagra III Tape Recorder

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Gallery
    29 Posts 17 Posters 9.2k Views 17 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • unigamiU
      unigami
      last edited by

      @honoluludesktop said:

      Hmm...Reminds me of one of my favorite films where a Nagra has a minor part in the film. What a beautiful, and lyrical soundtrack.

      Thanks for the clips, beautiful - I really enjoyed watching them!

      A Nagra also appears in the Beatles movie Help! and in the John Travolta movie Blow Out

      Thanks everyone, for the nice and helpful comments!

      1 Reply Last reply
      Reply Quote 0
      • soloS
        solo
        last edited by

        Excellent model! ๐Ÿ‘

        I'd love to run it through Thea and get it photo real.

        http://www.solos-art.com

        If you see a toilet in your dreams do not use it.

        1 Reply Last reply
        Reply Quote 0
        • Bryan KB
          Bryan K
          last edited by

          Excellent model and render.

          I've actually used one of those a long time ago. Fantastic piece of engineering.

          See my portfolio at https://delphiscousin.blogspot.com/

          1 Reply Last reply
          Reply Quote 0
          • soloS
            solo
            last edited by

            Thanks for letting me play with this brilliant model, rendered with Thea.


            nagra3.b.jpg

            http://www.solos-art.com

            If you see a toilet in your dreams do not use it.

            1 Reply Last reply
            Reply Quote 0
            • D
              d12dozr
              last edited by

              Daaaammmmmmmmmm! ๐Ÿ‘

              3D Printing with SketchUp Book
              http://goo.gl/f7ooYh

              1 Reply Last reply
              Reply Quote 0
              • R
                Roger
                last edited by

                @bryan k said:

                Excellent model and render.

                I've actually used one of those a long time ago. Fantastic piece of engineering.

                I was in charge of a Department of the Army film team at the Pentagon in 1967. We were traveling around Washington, DC filming protests and rioting. The cameramen had German Arriflex cameras and the soundman was using the Nagra. They were good machines, but the one we had that day developed a short and started to smoke.

                http://www.azcreative.com

                1 Reply Last reply
                Reply Quote 0
                • R
                  Roger
                  last edited by

                  Could you let me use the file? I do a newsletter for a group of ex military photographers and some of them were soundmen. Too often the soundguys are overlooked and I think images from your model would help generate greater recognition in the group.

                  http://www.azcreative.com

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Reply Quote 0
                  • unigamiU
                    unigami
                    last edited by

                    @solo said:

                    Thanks for letting me play with this brilliant model, rendered with Thea.

                    Pete...my pleasure! It looks fantastic!

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Reply Quote 0
                    • soloS
                      solo
                      last edited by

                      Thanks, here is another.


                      nagraIII.jpg

                      http://www.solos-art.com

                      If you see a toilet in your dreams do not use it.

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Reply Quote 0
                      • honoluludesktopH
                        honoluludesktop
                        last edited by

                        Wow, look at the detail brought out by the render on the model's tape heads, guide fasteners, meters, etc.

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Reply Quote 0
                        • soloS
                          solo
                          last edited by

                          This is a good one, click on large image:

                          404 Not Found

                          favicon

                          (www.solos-art.com)

                          http://www.solos-art.com

                          If you see a toilet in your dreams do not use it.

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          Reply Quote 0
                          • EarthMoverE
                            EarthMover
                            last edited by

                            Brilliant modeling! You can really see the detail in the Thea render. Love the before & after scroll over on the website Pete....that's a really powerful effect. ๐Ÿ‘

                            3D Artist at Clearstory 3D Imaging
                            Guide Tool at Winning With Sketchup
                            Content Creator at Skapeup

                            1 Reply Last reply
                            Reply Quote 0
                            • michaliszissiouM
                              michaliszissiou
                              last edited by

                              I have one Nagra III here, it works perfectly

                              This is a brilliant model ๐Ÿ‘ ๐Ÿ‘ ๐Ÿ‘

                              1 Reply Last reply
                              Reply Quote 0
                              • daleD
                                dale
                                last edited by

                                Incredible modeling, The detail is stunning.
                                And Pete you have really brought it to life!

                                Just monkeying around....like Monsanto

                                1 Reply Last reply
                                Reply Quote 0
                                • R
                                  Roger
                                  last edited by

                                  Al Qaeda Al Queda Nagra?

                                  http://www.azcreative.com

                                  1 Reply Last reply
                                  Reply Quote 0
                                  • honoluludesktopH
                                    honoluludesktop
                                    last edited by

                                    Long live Analog. I still have analog media that "sings" to me. Their digital reproduction mask all the wonderful background nuances. Sorry for the off topic reminiscences. I play with a Koetsu on "The Arm".

                                    http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_bdG8ZYR6Kr8/TPopzOo4syI/AAAAAAAABJQ/CbO3zMvrb4s/s400/web+LINN+SondekLP12Right.jpg

                                    1 Reply Last reply
                                    Reply Quote 0
                                    • K
                                      KarinaGM
                                      last edited by

                                      The model is great and nicely detailed!
                                      And I find it is a nice render aswell if you are not aiming at photorealistic.
                                      Sometimes this is just what you need for certain presentations ๐Ÿ˜„

                                      Solo: your renders in Thea are spectacular (I scretly hate you) ๐Ÿ˜„ . I never get those results with that software, and I try and try ...
                                      Someday I'll send you a model and see if you can do something nice with it LOL

                                      **"Aquel que sacrifica un poco de libertad por seguridad, no se merece ninguna y terminarรก perdiendo ambas"

                                      -Benjamรญn Franklin.**

                                      1 Reply Last reply
                                      Reply Quote 0
                                      • S
                                        sketchnl
                                        last edited by

                                        Is it possible to make this one a "Render this "topic

                                        cause it's an amazing model

                                        http://www.sketchimpressions.nl

                                        1 Reply Last reply
                                        Reply Quote 0
                                        • unigamiU
                                          unigami
                                          last edited by

                                          @sketchnl said:

                                          Is it possible to make this one a "Render this "topic

                                          cause it's an amazing model

                                          Wow, thanks again everyone for the nice comments! I'd be happy to share this model with whoever wants it...it's a bit too big for the 3D Warehouse at 12.2 MB, but if you PM me, I can either send you a link to my public Dropbox folder where you can pick it up, or I can email it to you. It is a SketchUp 8 file by the way...

                                          1 Reply Last reply
                                          Reply Quote 0
                                          • simon le bonS
                                            simon le bon
                                            last edited by

                                            Dear Rick (unigami),
                                            I me too Like very much your Nagra model and also the render Pete (Solo) had made of it which gives it all its sense.

                                            @unigami said:

                                            This little recorder made a big impact on the motion picture industry in the sixties.

                                            You are absolutely right: beginning with this material and with light weight blimp cameras (as Arriflex or Eclair Coutant)it was then possible to shout pictures in the real world, far from the studios.

                                            In the eighties a micro nagra had appeared. It was then the must for each sound engineer: ๐Ÿ˜‰ ๐Ÿ‘ ๐Ÿ‘

                                            http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/jj245/Spendauballet/generalPicts/snst-r_small.jpg


                                            http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/jj245/Spendauballet/generalPicts/th_museum7.jpg

                                            http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/jj245/Spendauballet/generalPicts/th_Flickr_Photo_Download_Nagra_SN.jpg

                                            http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/jj245/Spendauballet/generalPicts/th_22429d1302309089-valuation-nagra-sn-kit-wanted-_dsc4360.jpg

                                            May be another model from you of it!? ๐Ÿ˜’

                                            @honoluludesktop

                                            @honoluludesktop said:

                                            Hmm...Reminds me of one of my favorite films where a Nagra has a minor part in the film. What a beautiful, and lyrical soundtrack.
                                            [flash=640,390:3uy9gvrc]http://www.youtube.com/v/2hsmoo97CVA?version=3[/flash:3uy9gvrc]

                                            Dear honolulu, how is it possible that you, living in Hawaii knows and love this first film of our french director Jean Jacques Beneix???
                                            Wahou! This leads me far in the past to the early eighties when I was crazy with movies (each day a movie and sometime I was keeping myself into the theater to see the same film 2 our 3 times..)
                                            1981: with Diva, I remember very well I had believed that Something was born.

                                            Do you know this following one โ“ :
                                            La Lune dans le caniveau - Jean-Jacques Beineix - extrait 1
                                            La Lune dans le caniveau - Jean-Jacques Beineix - extrait

                                            And also I must say I love this music sung by Wilhelmenia Wiggins Fernandez: "Ebben, ne andro lontana" La Wally _ composed by Alfredo Catalani in 1892.

                                            Here are some famous other interpretations:
                                            "Ebben, ne andro lontana" by Renata Tebaldi _ La Scala 1953
                                            "Ebben, ne andro lontana" by Angela GHEORGHIU
                                            "Ebben, ne andro lontana" by MIRELLA FRENI
                                            and my favorite one:
                                            "Ebben, ne andro lontana" by Maria Callas

                                            Cheers,

                                            simoN

                                            1 Reply Last reply
                                            Reply Quote 0

                                            Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                            Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                            With your input, this post could be even better ๐Ÿ’—

                                            Register Login
                                            • 1
                                            • 2
                                            • 2 / 2
                                            • First post
                                              Last post
                                            Buy SketchPlus
                                            Buy SUbD
                                            Buy WrapR
                                            Buy eBook
                                            Buy Modelur
                                            Buy Vertex Tools
                                            Buy SketchCuisine
                                            Buy FormFonts

                                            Advertisement