sketchucation logo sketchucation
    • Login
    Oops, your profile's looking a bit empty! To help us tailor your experience, please fill in key details like your SketchUp version, skill level, operating system, and more. Update and save your info on your profile page today!
    ⚠️ Update | Sketchucation Tools 5.0.8 released with licensing improvements and bugfixes Download

    Scooby Doo and Shaggy

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Gallery
    36 Posts 21 Posters 3.9k Views 21 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • pilouP
      pilou
      last edited by

      Dynamic animal! β˜€

      Frenchy Pilou
      Is beautiful that please without concept!
      My Little site :)

      1 Reply Last reply
      Reply Quote 0
      • soloS
        solo
        last edited by

        Thanks guys, it's always appreciated to get positive feedback.

        Michal said:

        @unknownuser said:

        There're better tools for sculpting pete.

        I agree,there are many great apps out there, some even free. However I really enjoy the challenge of using SU, I know it can be clunky and awkward to create organic models but SU is so much fun.

        Today as I await new work (more like hope all my bids get accepted) I decided Scooby needs Shaggy.

        All the same tools were used.

        Shaggy and Scooby.jpg

        Shaggy and Scoob1.jpg

        Shaggy and Scooby2.jpg

        http://www.solos-art.com

        If you see a toilet in your dreams do not use it.

        1 Reply Last reply
        Reply Quote 0
        • boofredlayB
          boofredlay
          last edited by

          Shaggy has an amazing resemblance to you Pete. Great work.

          http://www.coroflot.com/boofredlay

          1 Reply Last reply
          Reply Quote 0
          • N
            nomeradona
            last edited by

            @unknownuser said:

            Shaggy has an amazing resemblance to you Pete. Great work.

            hahaha great eyes.

            visit my blog: http://www.nomeradona.blogspot.com

            1 Reply Last reply
            Reply Quote 0
            • soloS
              solo
              last edited by

              Thanks guys.

              The head was a little higher poly than I hoped to achieve as I needed to use the sculpt tools to get a likeness then reduce, as much as I could with 'smooth selection' and polyreduce.


              Shaggy.jpg

              http://www.solos-art.com

              If you see a toilet in your dreams do not use it.

              1 Reply Last reply
              Reply Quote 0
              • david_hD
                david_h
                last edited by

                ZOINKS!

                Rice Rob RETE! RI'm RO Ronored! *use your scooby voice as you read this. .. itll make sense.


                scoobydoo2.jpg

                If I make it look easy...It is probably easy

                1 Reply Last reply
                Reply Quote 0
                • D
                  deanlegg
                  last edited by

                  Question for you Pete
                  How do start out on one of these masterpieces ? Start like you showed us with the evil mouse, or make a block and then sculpt away at it
                  I'm getting better but have trouble with the sculpt and smooth tools

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Reply Quote 0
                  • soloS
                    solo
                    last edited by

                    @unknownuser said:

                    How do start out on one of these masterpieces ? Start like you showed us with the evil mouse, or make a block and then sculpt away at it

                    Another difficult question, I spend a lot of time pondering this also every time I get an idea for a new model. If it's a cartoon character I usually start with an initial pose, I have a bunch of saved proxy's that I reuse, like the one below, where I have the arm, leg, foot, abdomen and head in separate groups for posing, then stitching and manipulating. The proxy's are created in a way that I have the ability to bend them at certain points without destroying them.

                    I then subdivide, add detail, simplify (Artisan reduce poly or just use Artisan smooth feature) Then add more detail and repeat the reduction until I have what I'm looking for.

                    proxy man.jpg

                    http://www.solos-art.com

                    If you see a toilet in your dreams do not use it.

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Reply Quote 0
                    • soloS
                      solo
                      last edited by

                      An update.


                      scooby and shaggy on railcart.jpg

                      http://www.solos-art.com

                      If you see a toilet in your dreams do not use it.

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Reply Quote 0
                      • D
                        d12dozr
                        last edited by

                        These cartoon models are great, Pete.

                        I appreciate the little tips about Artisan too! Hopefully in a year or two I can make something with it worth showing off πŸ˜„

                        3D Printing with SketchUp Book
                        http://goo.gl/f7ooYh

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Reply Quote 0
                        • M
                          mimarhamza
                          last edited by

                          @solo said:

                          Thanks guys.

                          The head was a little higher poly than I hoped to achieve as I needed to use the sculpt tools to get a likeness then reduce, as much as I could with 'smooth selection' and polyreduce.

                          Good job Solo You still can use polyreduce for cheeks and forehead as these parts are more flat than others and one question
                          Do you have a symmetry axis for head to make a companent and mirror?

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          Reply Quote 0
                          • soloS
                            solo
                            last edited by

                            @unknownuser said:

                            Do you have a symmetry axis for head to make a component and mirror?

                            No, I for some reason cannot get the symmetry to work how I would like it to.

                            http://www.solos-art.com

                            If you see a toilet in your dreams do not use it.

                            1 Reply Last reply
                            Reply Quote 0
                            • D
                              deanlegg
                              last edited by

                              Hi Pete
                              I don't want to hijack this thread, but is this what you mean?


                              sds bike frame.skp

                              1 Reply Last reply
                              Reply Quote 0
                              • D
                                deanlegg
                                last edited by

                                Sorry should have been this one


                                sds bike frame.skp

                                1 Reply Last reply
                                Reply Quote 0
                                • soloS
                                  solo
                                  last edited by

                                  Looks great, and yes that's about it.

                                  http://www.solos-art.com

                                  If you see a toilet in your dreams do not use it.

                                  1 Reply Last reply
                                  Reply Quote 0
                                  • PixeroP
                                    Pixero
                                    last edited by

                                    @unknownuser said:

                                    Shaggy has an amazing resemblance to you Pete. Great work.

                                    Just what I thought too.

                                    Pete, they look great, but I think you should try to make a lowpoly version with nice edge loops before subdividing to get an even nicer model. Just my two cents...

                                    1 Reply Last reply
                                    Reply Quote 0
                                    • soloS
                                      solo
                                      last edited by

                                      "edge loops" ? huh? what plugin is that? My mesh is so mangled I doubt I'd ever get looping.

                                      I have a way to reduce it better... Deep Exploration, I did reduce it 30% with no loss in detail.
                                      I even reduced my SDS version of Wiley by 60% and smoothed it with Artisan for pose rigging.

                                      scooby shaggy and coyote.jpg
                                      Click on image for larger view.

                                      http://www.solos-art.com

                                      If you see a toilet in your dreams do not use it.

                                      1 Reply Last reply
                                      Reply Quote 0
                                      • boofredlayB
                                        boofredlay
                                        last edited by

                                        That is so great!

                                        http://www.coroflot.com/boofredlay

                                        1 Reply Last reply
                                        Reply Quote 0
                                        • D
                                          deanlegg
                                          last edited by

                                          Can anyone tell me what plugin is FFD please...... and what it does
                                          I'm hoping this is the tool to take me to Pete's level

                                          1 Reply Last reply
                                          Reply Quote 0
                                          • soloS
                                            solo
                                            last edited by

                                            404 Not Found

                                            favicon

                                            (forums.sketchucation.com)

                                            http://www.solos-art.com

                                            If you see a toilet in your dreams do not use it.

                                            1 Reply Last reply
                                            Reply Quote 0

                                            Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                            Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                            With your input, this post could be even better πŸ’—

                                            Register Login
                                            • 1
                                            • 2
                                            • 2 / 2
                                            • First post
                                              Last post
                                            Buy SketchPlus
                                            Buy SUbD
                                            Buy WrapR
                                            Buy eBook
                                            Buy Modelur
                                            Buy Vertex Tools
                                            Buy SketchCuisine
                                            Buy FormFonts

                                            Advertisement