sketchucation logo sketchucation
    • Login
    Oops, your profile's looking a bit empty! To help us tailor your experience, please fill in key details like your SketchUp version, skill level, operating system, and more. Update and save your info on your profile page today!
    โš ๏ธ Update | Sketchucation Tools 5.0.8 released with licensing improvements and bugfixes Download

    Mech Fish [Video] - UPDATED AGAIN!

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Gallery
    36 Posts 18 Posters 7.8k Views 18 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • boofredlayB
      boofredlay
      last edited by

      **%(#008040)[Ok, I uploaded a version without audio in the original post. I hope this is viewable where previously blocked.

      Cheers!]**

      http://www.coroflot.com/boofredlay

      1 Reply Last reply
      Reply Quote 0
      • N
        notareal
        last edited by

        Works now. Nice!

        Welcome to try Thea Render, Thea support | kerkythea.net -team member

        1 Reply Last reply
        Reply Quote 0
        • S
          sepo
          last edited by

          no block for me ... great sketchy modelling Eric ๐Ÿ‘

          1 Reply Last reply
          Reply Quote 0
          • jgbJ
            jgb
            last edited by

            I am impressed. ๐Ÿ‘ ๐Ÿ‘ ๐Ÿ‘

            Curious about one thing, the vids were too fast to grasp something you did very efficiently that I do very often, but nowhere near as quick.

            When you drew a 1/2 section then flip-copied it to form a whole piece, how exactly did you do that?

            I see a dialog box flash on the screen then poof, there is a flip-copy welded to the original.

            Is that part of native SU or a plugin?


            jgb

            1 Reply Last reply
            Reply Quote 0
            • boofredlayB
              boofredlay
              last edited by

              Not native. It is the Mirror ruby by TIG.
              http://forums.sketchucation.com/viewtopic.php?p=276512#p276512

              http://www.coroflot.com/boofredlay

              1 Reply Last reply
              Reply Quote 0
              • M
                mukul.ar
                last edited by

                Phew!! that was nauseating!!AWESOME MATE! Great job done..!! Still can't believe what i saw...! The way you've used Artisan is amazing. knowing exactly where to draw lines, which lines to move to get just the right kind of structure for bones... And was that the Curviloft plugin used for modelling the mouth of the fish? Great job and great video... and the music was very in sync with the vid..

                My Works

                1 Reply Last reply
                Reply Quote 0
                • boofredlayB
                  boofredlay
                  last edited by

                  @mukul.ar said:

                  Phew!! that was nauseating!!AWESOME MATE! Great job done..!!

                  Thanks ๐Ÿ˜„

                  @mukul.ar said:

                  The way you've used Artisan is amazing. knowing exactly where to draw lines, which lines to move to get just the right kind of structure for bones...

                  That comes from using Artisan on a regular basis and knowing how it will respond.

                  @mukul.ar said:

                  And was that the Curviloft plugin used for modelling the mouth of the fish?

                  Nope, just the Follow Me and Scale tools.

                  @mukul.ar said:

                  ...and the music was very in sync with the vid..

                  Courtesy of House Flakes:
                  http://www.houseflakes.com/

                  http://www.coroflot.com/boofredlay

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Reply Quote 0
                  • boofredlayB
                    boofredlay
                    last edited by

                    It has been a while but I wanted to render this guy. Here is a quick one with Twilight.
                    Hopefully more to come.

                    http://twilightrender.com/phpBB3/download/file.php?id=7233

                    http://www.coroflot.com/boofredlay

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Reply Quote 0
                    • boofredlayB
                      boofredlay
                      last edited by

                      http://twilightrender.com/phpBB3/download/file.php?id=7238

                      http://twilightrender.com/phpBB3/download/file.php?id=7239

                      http://twilightrender.com/phpBB3/download/file.php?id=7241

                      http://twilightrender.com/phpBB3/download/file.php?id=7242

                      http://www.coroflot.com/boofredlay

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Reply Quote 0
                      • marvins_dadM
                        marvins_dad
                        last edited by

                        Amazing Eric!
                        Now we need one that moves around for use with Lumion. LOL

                        My Gallery

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Reply Quote 0
                        • S
                          Slimdog
                          last edited by

                          That was a great vid man thanks for sharing.

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          Reply Quote 0
                          • boofredlayB
                            boofredlay
                            last edited by

                            Thanks guys.

                            Mmmm, animation. Just might try that.

                            http://www.coroflot.com/boofredlay

                            1 Reply Last reply
                            Reply Quote 0
                            • K
                              KarinaGM
                              last edited by

                              Oh, how did I miss this one?
                              The video makes me want to cry
                              Tell me you don't work at this speed... even if I know what I'm doing and carefully plan the model, just to pick a tool takes me a couple of seconds.
                              No need to say that the model is good, I think I already said that when the contest took place ๐Ÿ˜„
                              Thanks for the video. not a tut, cause I can't even follow the pointer!

                              I also would love to see it moving ๐Ÿ˜„

                              **"Aquel que sacrifica un poco de libertad por seguridad, no se merece ninguna y terminarรก perdiendo ambas"

                              -Benjamรญn Franklin.**

                              1 Reply Last reply
                              Reply Quote 0
                              • boofredlayB
                                boofredlay
                                last edited by

                                Well thanks Karina. I will see if I still have the real time version. This one was sped up 3x so as not to bore anyone.

                                http://www.coroflot.com/boofredlay

                                1 Reply Last reply
                                Reply Quote 0
                                • boofredlayB
                                  boofredlay
                                  last edited by

                                  Ok Karina I found the full version and have uploaded it to Youtube.
                                  I edited the original post and added the video there.
                                  Seriously though, I think it is much more boring
                                  http://www.easyfreesmileys.com/smileys/sleep-039.gif

                                  http://www.coroflot.com/boofredlay

                                  1 Reply Last reply
                                  Reply Quote 0
                                  • boofredlayB
                                    boofredlay
                                    last edited by

                                    Here is a rendered video I made of the Mech Fish. Twilight Render.
                                    I will warn you ahead of time, it is choppy and very short.
                                    This was a fun exercise but it is getting to be a bit too much work for a couple seconds of choppy video. I almost have the animation bug now however. Is it time to find another modeling app???

                                    Anyway, here is probably the last one of these. That is unless I get bored and decide to make this 60 layers rather than 20

                                    [flash=853,505:z025mxx6]http://www.youtube.com/v/5M3Ha5zJFok&fs=1[/flash:z025mxx6]

                                    http://www.coroflot.com/boofredlay

                                    1 Reply Last reply
                                    Reply Quote 0
                                    • FletchF
                                      Fletch
                                      last edited by

                                      Whoa! Got the caustics moving, eh? โ˜€
                                      Excellent work, Eric!
                                      Indeed character animation and SU were not really "meant to be together."

                                      Fletch
                                      3D Modeling addict. Former owner/developer of Twilight Render. sleepinggiantvisual.com

                                      1 Reply Last reply
                                      Reply Quote 0
                                      • boofredlayB
                                        boofredlay
                                        last edited by

                                        Thanks Fletch.

                                        http://www.coroflot.com/boofredlay

                                        1 Reply Last reply
                                        Reply Quote 0
                                        • K
                                          KarinaGM
                                          last edited by

                                          Yay!!! short but nice ๐ŸŽ‰ ๐ŸŽ‰ ๐ŸŽ‰

                                          And thanks for that video. You work fast even at a normal video speed ๐Ÿ˜ฒ

                                          **"Aquel que sacrifica un poco de libertad por seguridad, no se merece ninguna y terminarรก perdiendo ambas"

                                          -Benjamรญn Franklin.**

                                          1 Reply Last reply
                                          Reply Quote 0
                                          • boofredlayB
                                            boofredlay
                                            last edited by

                                            Well it is a speed competition ๐Ÿ˜„

                                            http://www.coroflot.com/boofredlay

                                            1 Reply Last reply
                                            Reply Quote 0

                                            Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                            Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                            With your input, this post could be even better ๐Ÿ’—

                                            Register Login
                                            • 1
                                            • 2
                                            • 1 / 2
                                            • First post
                                              Last post
                                            Buy SketchPlus
                                            Buy SUbD
                                            Buy WrapR
                                            Buy eBook
                                            Buy Modelur
                                            Buy Vertex Tools
                                            Buy SketchCuisine
                                            Buy FormFonts

                                            Advertisement