sketchucation logo sketchucation
    • Login
    Oops, your profile's looking a bit empty! To help us tailor your experience, please fill in key details like your SketchUp version, skill level, operating system, and more. Update and save your info on your profile page today!
    ⚠️ Update | Sketchucation Tools 5.0.8 released with licensing improvements and bugfixes Download

    Tempel project - UPDATE!

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Gallery
    20 Posts 14 Posters 2.0k Views 14 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • J
      jerisamui
      last edited by jerisamui

      Hi everyone,

      I'm uploading a few renders I just did for a new 'tempel project' I am working on.
      After the render was done I did some work in PhotoShop to give it a matching mood & character.
      Render engine I used was IDX Renditioner.

      Additionally I have added some SU exports of the model.

      How I created these images:
      In PhotoShop I changed the IDX renders background color (lighter) and changed some other settings to my likings (mainly brightened it up a bit and took some 'yellow' out).
      Then opened the SketchUp 2D export (with texture & shadows) in PS as a 2nd layer and changed the opacity setting to around 35%. These two layers merged as one and made a 2nd copy of it and changed this one to black&white with 80% opacity and added some texture to it (filter -> texture). Now I took the erase tool at 15% and slowly erased the black&white layer to reveal the 'color layer' bit by bit. Finally I brightened up the corners by adding some 'corner vignetting' (filter->distort->lens correction->vignetting).

      Regards,
      Jeri


      Tempel_duotone.jpg


      Center_duotone.jpg


      Lotuspond_duotone.jpg


      Dragon_duotone.jpg


      Topview_duotone.jpg


      SU_export_1+texture +shadows.jpg


      SU_Export_2+shadow.jpg


      IDX_render.jpg


      IDX_render_background_touch-up.jpg


      SU_Export_3.jpg

      W W W . H A M P K O N . C O M

      1 Reply Last reply
      Reply Quote 0
      • numbthumbN
        numbthumb
        last edited by

        Beautiful work 👍
        Could you please show SU´s native output?

        Comfortably numb...

        1 Reply Last reply
        Reply Quote 0
        • honoluludesktopH
          honoluludesktop
          last edited by

          numbthumb, Why?

          1 Reply Last reply
          Reply Quote 0
          • numbthumbN
            numbthumb
            last edited by

            Because I like his work and I would like to see the model as well? 😕

            Comfortably numb...

            1 Reply Last reply
            Reply Quote 0
            • boofredlayB
              boofredlay
              last edited by

              Wow, nice!

              http://www.coroflot.com/boofredlay

              1 Reply Last reply
              Reply Quote 0
              • honoluludesktopH
                honoluludesktop
                last edited by

                numbthumb, Guess I am a jerk, when someone asks to see the SketchUp image, it seems to me that they don't think that the model for the render is from SU.

                1 Reply Last reply
                Reply Quote 0
                • FrederikF
                  Frederik
                  last edited by

                  @honoluludesktop said:

                  ...when someone asks to see the SketchUp image, it seems to me that they don't think that the model for the render is from SU.

                  I agree with you...
                  Nevertheless... In many cases it's interesting to see the SU output and compare it with the renders...
                  With exception of the reflections in the water, I'm certain that the SU output won't be far from the renders in this case...
                  (Except - of course - if a lot of the entourages have been added in post pro, but I don't think that's the case here...)

                  Cheers
                  Kim Frederik

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Reply Quote 0
                  • soloS
                    solo
                    last edited by

                    Nice work mate.

                    I'd love to see this with a Vue render, would bring it to life, even a Lumion3D animation would be great.

                    http://www.solos-art.com

                    If you see a toilet in your dreams do not use it.

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Reply Quote 0
                    • boofredlayB
                      boofredlay
                      last edited by

                      @honoluludesktop said:

                      numbthumb, Guess I am a jerk, when someone asks to see the SketchUp image, it seems to me that they don't think that the model for the render is from SU.

                      I tend to think the exact opposite when someone asks to see the SketchUp output. I feel people want to see how it might have been made; "Hey let's see the wireframe!" = "I want to learn!"
                      However I can see your perspective as well.

                      http://www.coroflot.com/boofredlay

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Reply Quote 0
                      • soloS
                        solo
                        last edited by

                        I always include wires, normally as an overlay.

                        http://www.solos-art.com

                        If you see a toilet in your dreams do not use it.

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Reply Quote 0
                        • numbthumbN
                          numbthumb
                          last edited by

                          @honoluludesktop said:

                          numbthumb, Guess I am a jerk

                          😳 Now I feel like a jerk - I guess I should have rephrased my question - something like this:

                          @unknownuser said:

                          "Hey let's see the wireframe!" = "I want to learn!"

                          • exactly what I had in mind.

                          Comfortably numb...

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          Reply Quote 0
                          • jason_marantoJ
                            jason_maranto
                            last edited by

                            Stunning work -- perfectly rendered. ☀

                            Best,
                            Jason.

                            I create video tutorial series about several 2D & 3D graphics programs.

                            1 Reply Last reply
                            Reply Quote 0
                            • S
                              SketchUpNoobie
                              last edited by

                              That's unbelievable!!! 😮 😲 Eye candy for sure. 😄

                              --

                              SketchUpNoobie: the complete noob in all things SketchUp.

                              1 Reply Last reply
                              Reply Quote 0
                              • DanielD
                                Daniel
                                last edited by

                                Excellent work.

                                I agree with Eric Lay - when looking at admirable work, people tend to wonder how the artist got from point A to B.

                                My avatar is an anachronism.

                                1 Reply Last reply
                                Reply Quote 0
                                • holmes1977H
                                  holmes1977
                                  last edited by

                                  Amazing. Wonderful images.

                                  @honoluludesktop you do have some peculiar things to say sometimes 😒
                                  Its quite evident through out most posts that people ask for wires because of their share
                                  amazement at the model. I like to think this forum has a trusting POSITIVE vibe.

                                  Exaggeration makes a dull story better.

                                  1 Reply Last reply
                                  Reply Quote 0
                                  • KrisidiousK
                                    Krisidious
                                    last edited by

                                    beautiful work...

                                    By: Kristoff Rand
                                    Home DesignerUnique House Plans

                                    1 Reply Last reply
                                    Reply Quote 0
                                    • numbthumbN
                                      numbthumb
                                      last edited by

                                      Once again, beautiful work! 👍

                                      Comfortably numb...

                                      1 Reply Last reply
                                      Reply Quote 0
                                      • K
                                        KarinaGM
                                        last edited by

                                        🎉 🎉 🎉 🎉 🎉
                                        Those images are really beautiful and well done

                                        **"Aquel que sacrifica un poco de libertad por seguridad, no se merece ninguna y terminará perdiendo ambas"

                                        -Benjamín Franklin.**

                                        1 Reply Last reply
                                        Reply Quote 0
                                        • Bryan KB
                                          Bryan K
                                          last edited by

                                          Wow. Just... wow.

                                          Color, composition, choice of style, model details.

                                          Wow.

                                          See my portfolio at https://delphiscousin.blogspot.com/

                                          1 Reply Last reply
                                          Reply Quote 0
                                          • R
                                            Roger
                                            last edited by

                                            Sawadee Jeri. I was wondering if the middle render with the very dark sky was meant to be a night view.
                                            I borrowed the image and played with it to enhance the night view effect.

                                            Night View

                                            http://www.azcreative.com

                                            1 Reply Last reply
                                            Reply Quote 0

                                            Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                            Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                            With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                                            Register Login
                                            • 1 / 1
                                            • First post
                                              Last post
                                            Buy SketchPlus
                                            Buy SUbD
                                            Buy WrapR
                                            Buy eBook
                                            Buy Modelur
                                            Buy Vertex Tools
                                            Buy SketchCuisine
                                            Buy FormFonts

                                            Advertisement