sketchucation logo sketchucation
    • Login
    Oops, your profile's looking a bit empty! To help us tailor your experience, please fill in key details like your SketchUp version, skill level, operating system, and more. Update and save your info on your profile page today!
    ⚠️ Update | Sketchucation Tools 5.0.8 released with licensing improvements and bugfixes Download

    Most impressive SketchUp modelling

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Gallery
    266 Posts 93 Posters 409.9k Views 93 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • jason_marantoJ
      jason_maranto
      last edited by

      Every so often you see somebody talking about how they made such and such complex model and only used native SketchUp tools -- first of all that is meant to be bragging... and secondly I have to think they are:

      a) Crazy
      b) Stupid
      c) Ignorant
      d) Lying

      or all of the above.

      Unless you are the type who enjoys shoving splinters under your fingernails to prove how tough you are, you would be a fool not to avail yourself of the tons of free and incredible ruby scripts that are made for SketchUp... they will save you much time and frustration, and possibly open new avenues of creative expression.

      Best,
      Jason.

      I create video tutorial series about several 2D & 3D graphics programs.

      1 Reply Last reply
      Reply Quote 0
      • thomthomT
        thomthom
        last edited by

        I can create a photoreal image with Paint!

        Thomas Thomassen β€” SketchUp Monkey & Coding addict
        List of my plugins and link to the CookieWare fund

        1 Reply Last reply
        Reply Quote 0
        • soloS
          solo
          last edited by

          I can do photoreal with etch-a-sketch. πŸ˜„

          http://www.solos-art.com

          If you see a toilet in your dreams do not use it.

          1 Reply Last reply
          Reply Quote 0
          • MarianM
            Marian
            last edited by

            I can do photoreal with my camera...wait..

            http://marian87.deviantart.com/

            1 Reply Last reply
            Reply Quote 0
            • jgbJ
              jgb
              last edited by

              Very well said Jason. 🀣


              jgb

              1 Reply Last reply
              Reply Quote 0
              • david_hD
                david_h
                last edited by

                @thomthom said:

                I can create a photoreal image with Paint!

                Me too!

                Paint!

                If I make it look easy...It is probably easy

                1 Reply Last reply
                Reply Quote 0
                • pmolsonP
                  pmolson
                  last edited by

                  i am photo real

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Reply Quote 0
                  • boofredlayB
                    boofredlay
                    last edited by

                    I can create the most amazing and complex SketchUp model with native Autocad tools.

                    http://www.coroflot.com/boofredlay

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Reply Quote 0
                    • hellnbakH
                      hellnbak
                      last edited by

                      I can create something completely unrealistic using all the plugins that I don't have a clue about (I can also do it without using any plugins)

                      "Politicians are just like diapers -- they need to be changed often, and for the same reason"

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Reply Quote 0
                      • H
                        Hussel Hann
                        last edited by

                        thanks guys..btw you're all very funny.. πŸ˜†

                        actually i have downloaded so many plugins after a few days exploring sketchup.
                        i think i need to do lot more exercise before playing with all the plugins. πŸ˜„
                        its a loooooong way...

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Reply Quote 0
                        • MarianM
                          Marian
                          last edited by

                          KARANAK strikes again

                          http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2012/076/4/e/maelstrom_by_karanak-d4t0rdy.jpg

                          http://star-conflict.com/upload/image/materials/Making_of4/46.jpg

                          http://karanak.deviantart.com/
                          http://www.conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=234083

                          http://marian87.deviantart.com/

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          Reply Quote 0
                          • soloS
                            solo
                            last edited by

                            @marian said:

                            KARANAK strikes again

                            http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2012/076/4/e/maelstrom_by_karanak-d4t0rdy.jpg

                            http://star-conflict.com/upload/image/materials/Making_of4/46.jpg

                            http://karanak.deviantart.com/
                            http://www.conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=234083

                            Holy crap! what version of SU is he using, or what rig has he got? My SU 8 pro with tons of ram and i7 will never in a million years handle that complexed model.

                            http://www.solos-art.com

                            If you see a toilet in your dreams do not use it.

                            1 Reply Last reply
                            Reply Quote 0
                            • jason_marantoJ
                              jason_maranto
                              last edited by

                              Bookmarked! πŸ‘ β˜€

                              I create video tutorial series about several 2D & 3D graphics programs.

                              1 Reply Last reply
                              Reply Quote 0
                              • MarianM
                                Marian
                                last edited by

                                @unknownuser said:

                                Holy crap! what version of SU is he using, or what rig has he got? My SU 8 pro with tons of ram and i7 will never in a million years handle that complexed model.

                                It must be something beyond us mere mortals. Besides, I doubt I would ever have the patience to model such a detailed ship.

                                http://marian87.deviantart.com/

                                1 Reply Last reply
                                Reply Quote 0
                                • H
                                  Hussel Hann
                                  last edited by

                                  😲 ..wow....

                                  btw...the word deviantart reminds me of those sexy cgi babes...never thought it has something beyond that "categories" ...until today.. πŸ˜†

                                  1 Reply Last reply
                                  Reply Quote 0
                                  • L
                                    liam887
                                    last edited by

                                    @solo said:

                                    Holy crap! what version of SU is he using, or what rig has he got? My SU 8 pro with tons of ram and i7 will never in a million years handle that complexed model.

                                    Hmm I think you could handle it with a good use of layers in SU?

                                    VISIT MY ONLINE GALLERY
                                    http://www.robotsvdinosaurs.com/

                                    1 Reply Last reply
                                    Reply Quote 0
                                    • boofredlayB
                                      boofredlay
                                      last edited by

                                      @solo said:

                                      Holy crap! what version of SU is he using, or what rig has he got? My SU 8 pro with tons of ram and i7 will never in a million years handle that complexed model.

                                      There are actually only 3 components, just arranged very well πŸ˜„

                                      Killer work indeed. πŸ‘

                                      http://www.coroflot.com/boofredlay

                                      1 Reply Last reply
                                      Reply Quote 0
                                      • jgbJ
                                        jgb
                                        last edited by

                                        @hussel hann said:

                                        actually i have downloaded so many plugins after a few days exploring sketchup.
                                        i think i need to do lot more exercise before playing with all the plugins. πŸ˜„
                                        its a loooooong way...

                                        In fact I have a whole dir full of pluggins that looked useful, but I never loaded into SU. They are there if in fact I have a need for them, and most importantly, if I remember it is already there. πŸ˜’

                                        I also have a bunch of plugins loaded into SU that I have either never used, or used once or twice, again, if I remembered they are there. πŸ˜†

                                        But there are a few I use as much as the draw, or move tools, mainly Curviloft, Joint-PP, Pipe-along-path, and a few others I can't remember using; if the tool is indeed a plugin not an SU native tool.

                                        The moral here is only load into SU the plugins that will help you effectively do a task common to what you normally draw. β˜€ And have the memory to know they are there when you need them. πŸ˜†


                                        jgb

                                        1 Reply Last reply
                                        Reply Quote 0
                                        • H
                                          Hussel Hann
                                          last edited by

                                          @jgb said:

                                          @hussel hann said:

                                          actually i have downloaded so many plugins after a few days exploring sketchup.
                                          i think i need to do lot more exercise before playing with all the plugins. πŸ˜„
                                          its a loooooong way...

                                          In fact I have a whole dir full of pluggins that looked useful, but I never loaded into SU. They are there if in fact I have a need for them, and most importantly, if I remember it is already there. πŸ˜’

                                          I also have a bunch of plugins loaded into SU that I have either never used, or used once or twice, again, if I remembered they are there. πŸ˜†

                                          But there are a few I use as much as the draw, or move tools, mainly Curviloft, Joint-PP, Pipe-along-path, and a few others I can't remember using; if the tool is indeed a plugin not an SU native tool.

                                          The moral here is only load into SU the plugins that will help you effectively do a task common to what you normally draw. β˜€ And have the memory to know they are there when you need them. πŸ˜†

                                          Thanks for the tips jgb... πŸ‘

                                          1 Reply Last reply
                                          Reply Quote 0
                                          • O
                                            OG1
                                            last edited by

                                            Wow! Amazing models! Sorry if this has been asked already, but how on earth do you guys get those textures on your models to look so realistic like that? Just on page one alone of this thread...the car by urgen and the guitar pic posted by dale.

                                            Amazing!

                                            I got my bill for paying attention. I got robbed!

                                            1 Reply Last reply
                                            Reply Quote 0

                                            Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                            Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                            With your input, this post could be even better πŸ’—

                                            Register Login
                                            • 1
                                            • 2
                                            • 7
                                            • 8
                                            • 9
                                            • 10
                                            • 11
                                            • 12
                                            • 13
                                            • 14
                                            • 9 / 14
                                            • First post
                                              Last post
                                            Buy SketchPlus
                                            Buy SUbD
                                            Buy WrapR
                                            Buy eBook
                                            Buy Modelur
                                            Buy Vertex Tools
                                            Buy SketchCuisine
                                            Buy FormFonts

                                            Advertisement