sketchucation logo sketchucation
    • Login
    Oops, your profile's looking a bit empty! To help us tailor your experience, please fill in key details like your SketchUp version, skill level, operating system, and more. Update and save your info on your profile page today!
    ⚠️ Update | Sketchucation Tools 5.0.8 released with licensing improvements and bugfixes Download

    Model This: Sofas

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Gallery
    57 Posts 23 Posters 15.9k Views 23 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • RichardR
      Richard
      last edited by

      @shura said:

      "border tubes" (sorry, dunno the right term for these).

      Just for your info mate - "piping" - I know sounds more like a plumbing term! πŸ˜•

      BUILTBRAND.COM.AU

      1 Reply Last reply
      Reply Quote 0
      • shuraS
        shura
        last edited by

        Thank you Richard! yes, piping sounds a bit weird... well, I am still very unexperienced with technical terms in english.
        (I guess that the textile industry has a mind bending nomenclature in every language πŸ˜† )

        for piping I also found:

        • cording
        • pin-tuck
        • piping cord
        • tuck
        • tucking

        πŸŽ‰

        1 Reply Last reply
        Reply Quote 0
        • I
          imabzeous
          last edited by

          Can any one help me, whats thi SDS2

          1 Reply Last reply
          Reply Quote 0
          • GaieusG
            Gaieus
            last edited by

            SDS2 would be Subdivide and Smooth 2 but it has not been released yet.

            Gai...

            1 Reply Last reply
            Reply Quote 0
            • jo-keJ
              jo-ke
              last edited by

              What technic do you use to do the piping? I still have problems to do that.

              http://www.zz7.de

              1 Reply Last reply
              Reply Quote 0
              • ely862meE
                ely862me
                last edited by

                When subdividing usually the geometry has itself the line for piping detail,u just have to select it,but sometimes u must make the path for the piping with some tools on surface or intersection methods.

                Elisei (sketchupper)


                Before no life was done on Earth it was THE LIFE ITSELF...GOD
                Come and See EliseiDesign

                1 Reply Last reply
                Reply Quote 0
                • jo-keJ
                  jo-ke
                  last edited by

                  OK, I've subdivided the group but I've got no glue how to work on...


                  sofachallenge001.jpg

                  http://www.zz7.de

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Reply Quote 0
                  • shuraS
                    shura
                    last edited by

                    I was really happy with the method to separate my proxy before subdividing.
                    Then the path selection is nothing to worry about.

                    piping.jpg

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Reply Quote 0
                    • boofredlayB
                      boofredlay
                      last edited by

                      That is a great technique shura.

                      http://www.coroflot.com/boofredlay

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Reply Quote 0
                      • A
                        Ands43
                        last edited by

                        Wow! Some of the people on this forum are crazy good! I'm reasonably experienced 3 years, but well WOW!

                        What is/are SDS2, FFD and lines2cylinder? Where can I find them.

                        Are the images rendered in a separate renderer?

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Reply Quote 0
                        • Rich O BrienR
                          Rich O Brien Moderator
                          last edited by

                          @tails said:

                          What is/are SDS2, FFD and lines2cylinder?

                          SDS2 is a soon to be released plugin by Whaat, but you can get SDS v1 here

                          FFD is Free Form Divide which is available here

                          Lines 2cyclinder is here

                          Don't forget to thank the Authors πŸ˜‰

                          Download the free D'oh Book for SketchUp πŸ“–

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          Reply Quote 0
                          • A
                            Ands43
                            last edited by

                            Thanks rclub24, I'll have a look!

                            1 Reply Last reply
                            Reply Quote 0
                            • jo-keJ
                              jo-ke
                              last edited by

                              are you subdividing each piece seperatly or do you make one group?

                              I'm still in touble with the piping...
                              my result looks like this:


                              sofachallenge002.jpg

                              http://www.zz7.de

                              1 Reply Last reply
                              Reply Quote 0
                              • shuraS
                                shura
                                last edited by

                                Sorry Jo-ke, I missed your question πŸ˜’

                                Subdivision is done on each part of the shell separately. After that they match as if they have been processed in one piece.
                                Then you will find it easy to select the border of one of the parts to make the piping with L2C.
                                From your picture it looks like you need to add the piping for the backrest, too. And maybe you could try to change the bevel on the bottom sides left and right, to reduce the bulging.

                                Eric, thank you! getting good critiques from you really means a lot.

                                cheers
                                alex

                                1 Reply Last reply
                                Reply Quote 0
                                • olisheaO
                                  olishea
                                  last edited by

                                  nice work guys....and good challenge. hats off solo.

                                  jo-ke...you know you don't need to subdivide a group? Just triple click anything and subdivide so you can make transformations directly to mesh without having the purple proxy .

                                  oli

                                  1 Reply Last reply
                                  Reply Quote 0
                                  • jo-keJ
                                    jo-ke
                                    last edited by

                                    @olishea said:

                                    nice work guys....and good challenge. hats off solo.

                                    jo-ke...you know you don't need to subdivide a group? Just triple click anything and subdivide so you can make transformations directly to mesh without having the purple proxy .

                                    Ah, thank you! I will try that.

                                    http://www.zz7.de

                                    1 Reply Last reply
                                    Reply Quote 0
                                    • jarynzlesaJ
                                      jarynzlesa
                                      last edited by

                                      super. just mark.

                                      http://www.vizualizaceschodiste.mypage.cz/

                                      1 Reply Last reply
                                      Reply Quote 0
                                      • jo-keJ
                                        jo-ke
                                        last edited by

                                        I'll wait for SDS2 and try that again

                                        http://www.zz7.de

                                        1 Reply Last reply
                                        Reply Quote 0
                                        • K
                                          krash88
                                          last edited by

                                          I was just wondering how Solo got his proxy to smooth so nicely... I just bought a copy of Artisan and hoped that the algorithm had improved, but I'm stuck with the same results as the original SD&S.

                                          http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n65/krash88/001.jpg

                                          http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n65/krash88/002.jpg

                                          http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n65/krash88/003.jpg

                                          I have tried to smooth this same model using a proxy similar to what Solo has a few posts above with the same results. Am I doing something wrong?

                                          1 Reply Last reply
                                          Reply Quote 0
                                          • ely862meE
                                            ely862me
                                            last edited by

                                            U need to make corners like this.


                                            c.jpg

                                            Elisei (sketchupper)


                                            Before no life was done on Earth it was THE LIFE ITSELF...GOD
                                            Come and See EliseiDesign

                                            1 Reply Last reply
                                            Reply Quote 0

                                            Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                            Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                            With your input, this post could be even better πŸ’—

                                            Register Login
                                            • 1
                                            • 2
                                            • 3
                                            • 2 / 3
                                            • First post
                                              Last post
                                            Buy SketchPlus
                                            Buy SUbD
                                            Buy WrapR
                                            Buy eBook
                                            Buy Modelur
                                            Buy Vertex Tools
                                            Buy SketchCuisine
                                            Buy FormFonts

                                            Advertisement