sketchucation logo sketchucation
    • Login
    Oops, your profile's looking a bit empty! To help us tailor your experience, please fill in key details like your SketchUp version, skill level, operating system, and more. Update and save your info on your profile page today!
    โš ๏ธ Update | Sketchucation Tools 5.0.8 released with licensing improvements and bugfixes Download

    Magnum 50cc Scooter

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Gallery
    46 Posts 27 Posters 13.8k Views 27 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • Bryan KB
      Bryan K
      last edited by

      Beautiful!

      You have successfully crushed my ambition. ๐Ÿ˜†

      See my portfolio at https://delphiscousin.blogspot.com/

      1 Reply Last reply
      Reply Quote 0
      • P
        pjalbert
        last edited by

        This is one sick piece of modelling. I think is time for a tutorial ๐Ÿ˜›

        1 Reply Last reply
        Reply Quote 0
        • michaliszissiouM
          michaliszissiou
          last edited by

          Ah Paris.
          Pete ๐Ÿ‘ ๐Ÿ‘ ๐Ÿ‘ Some dirt is missing, just to say something.
          These hdri based reflections are great. And work fast. The trick is simple though. Its a 'normals' projection and a fresnel trick. (this was for advanced users lol). Its true and a joke. Specs maps and effects work like this. Real reflections is a ray tracer thing and cost a lot of render time. And not always the best.

          1 Reply Last reply
          Reply Quote 0
          • 1
            11zulu
            last edited by

            Excellent work Sir!

            1 Reply Last reply
            Reply Quote 0
            • soloS
              solo
              last edited by

              Thanks guys, I made a few changes, mostly to front.

              Scooter almost done.png

              Here is a teaser of the plugin I used to shape this model.

              http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1129899/capture-37.gif

              You will notice on the fairing and other parts that the mesh seems to be tighter in some areas, that's part of the new SDS, you can select certain areas and divide more for better smoothness and detail.

              http://img193.imageshack.us/img193/6205/scooterr.gif

              http://www.solos-art.com

              If you see a toilet in your dreams do not use it.

              1 Reply Last reply
              Reply Quote 0
              • ken28875K
                ken28875
                last edited by

                Wow, this is really awesome, Pete! ๐Ÿ‘ ๐Ÿ‘

                About that SDS2, where did you get it from?

                I could not find it anywhere even on Whaat's blog. Smustard still has the version 1.

                Thanks!

                _KN

                My interview with ASGVIS/V-Ray:
                http://software.asgvis.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=886&Itemid=466&utm_source=Publicaster&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Winning%20Subject&utm_term=Read%20more%20about%20Ken%20Nguyen
                My interview with Sketchupartists.org:
                http://www.sketchupartists.org/spotlight/artists/sketchup-art-in-the-online-game-industry/
                Sketchup for Fantasy Art:
                http://forums.sketchucation.com/viewtopic.php?f=81&t=27028
                Sketchup for Sci-Fi Art:
                http://forums.sketchucation.com/viewtopic.php?f=81&t=27030

                Follow Your Dreams.

                1 Reply Last reply
                Reply Quote 0
                • boofredlayB
                  boofredlay
                  last edited by

                  @ken28875 said:

                  About that SDS2, where did you get it from?
                  I could not find it anywhere even on Whaat's blog. Smustard still has the version 1.

                  Ken, SDS2 is in Alpha testing now. He mentioned it in the first post of this thread.

                  Great work Pete.

                  http://www.coroflot.com/boofredlay

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Reply Quote 0
                  • daleD
                    dale
                    last edited by

                    Well Pete as usual,great work. That rendered street shot is so fine,and shows real taste in DOF.
                    I sat through the SDS session at basecamp, and have been hoping that it was on its way.
                    Class act ๐Ÿ‘

                    Just monkeying around....like Monsanto

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Reply Quote 0
                    • D
                      daniel266
                      last edited by

                      Solo wats the SDS sculpting tools ?? i want them ? those are for sale on v1 Great modeling Skills!

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Reply Quote 0
                      • V
                        Vicspa
                        last edited by

                        Great modeling job, there is hope for the rest of us.
                        Hope it comes out soon, I have the original one but have not used it much, but the second version seems to be very promising based on what you've done with it.

                        Can you find time for tuts?

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Reply Quote 0
                        • utilerU
                          utiler
                          last edited by

                          you crazy bugger..... ๐Ÿ‘

                          Just Curious...

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          Reply Quote 0
                          • T
                            tfdesign
                            last edited by

                            @solo said:

                            The trick is knowing when to stop.

                            [flash=425,344:1al1zwso]http://www.youtube.com/v/8mdwAkWvWMw?fs=1&hl=en_GB&fs=1&&[/flash:1al1zwso]

                            Yes, the trick is knowing when to stop. ๐Ÿ˜„ Great model Pete! I am jealous!! ๐Ÿ˜ณ

                            My book "Let's SketchUp!" Download from here

                            1 Reply Last reply
                            Reply Quote 0
                            • GaieusG
                              Gaieus
                              last edited by

                              ๐Ÿคฃ

                              Gai...

                              1 Reply Last reply
                              Reply Quote 0
                              • L
                                liam887
                                last edited by

                                Kabooom! ๐Ÿ˜ฎ This is excellent work!
                                I cant wait for SDS2 I watched the talk at basecamp and its probably the thing I have been looking forward to most of all out of everything I saw during my time in boulder.

                                VISIT MY ONLINE GALLERY
                                http://www.robotsvdinosaurs.com/

                                1 Reply Last reply
                                Reply Quote 0
                                • spenceS
                                  spence
                                  last edited by

                                  Thanks for the info Pete. Honestly, your work inspires me to create something awesome in SU, whether I can do it or not is the question ๐Ÿ˜

                                  Spence

                                  1 Reply Last reply
                                  Reply Quote 0
                                  • boofredlayB
                                    boofredlay
                                    last edited by

                                    Channel your inner Spence. You can do it.

                                    http://www.coroflot.com/boofredlay

                                    1 Reply Last reply
                                    Reply Quote 0
                                    • utilerU
                                      utiler
                                      last edited by

                                      @liam887 said:

                                      Kabooom! ๐Ÿ˜ฎ This is excellent work!
                                      I cant wait for SDS2 I watched the talk at basecamp and its probably the thing I have been looking forward to most of all out of everything I saw during my time in boulder.

                                      Me too, Liam. I was sitting there too and was blown away.....!

                                      Just Curious...

                                      1 Reply Last reply
                                      Reply Quote 0
                                      • RichardR
                                        Richard
                                        last edited by

                                        Jesus Pete, Have you been eating gun powder?

                                        Amazing mate!

                                        BUILTBRAND.COM.AU

                                        1 Reply Last reply
                                        Reply Quote 0
                                        • S
                                          stevebo
                                          last edited by

                                          These images are ridiculous... ridiculously fantastic! Can't wait for SDS2!

                                          Where do you source your HDRI maps from Solo?

                                          1 Reply Last reply
                                          Reply Quote 0
                                          • soloS
                                            solo
                                            last edited by

                                            Stevebo, the cool thing about Thea is that you do not need to use HDRi's, I used a photo in the Paris one, put the image in the background slot, and then in the reflection slot, and created a shadow catching plane.

                                            http://www.solos-art.com

                                            If you see a toilet in your dreams do not use it.

                                            1 Reply Last reply
                                            Reply Quote 0

                                            Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                            Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                            With your input, this post could be even better ๐Ÿ’—

                                            Register Login
                                            • 1
                                            • 2
                                            • 3
                                            • 2 / 3
                                            • First post
                                              Last post
                                            Buy SketchPlus
                                            Buy SUbD
                                            Buy WrapR
                                            Buy eBook
                                            Buy Modelur
                                            Buy Vertex Tools
                                            Buy SketchCuisine
                                            Buy FormFonts

                                            Advertisement