sketchucation logo sketchucation
    • Login
    Oops, your profile's looking a bit empty! To help us tailor your experience, please fill in key details like your SketchUp version, skill level, operating system, and more. Update and save your info on your profile page today!
    ⚠️ Update | Sketchucation Tools 5.0.8 released with licensing improvements and bugfixes Download

    Model this: Minion

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Gallery
    18 Posts 11 Posters 5.7k Views 11 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • EscapeArtistE
      EscapeArtist
      last edited by

      MMmmm, twinkies!

      1 Reply Last reply
      Reply Quote 0
      • michaliszissiouM
        michaliszissiou
        last edited by

        I could do it fast but not here πŸ˜„ In any case you'll all need some normal maps for the jeans and UVs of course. I'll keep saying this until some guys will listen. I'll stay tuned.

        1 Reply Last reply
        Reply Quote 0
        • A
          alex1811
          last edited by

          @unknownuser said:

          I could do it fast but not here In any case you'll all need some normal maps for the jeans and UVs of course. I'll keep saying this until some guys will listen. I'll stay tuned.

          Of course, Maya, 3d Max, or Blender would do better and faster, but in fact it is quite a challenge to do it with SU, I even did the logo with SU... πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜† well it took me about 3hours, but that was fun.


          minion_color.jpg


          minion_wire.jpg


          minion_BW.jpg

          1 Reply Last reply
          Reply Quote 0
          • michaliszissiouM
            michaliszissiou
            last edited by

            Well done alex1811!!!

            @unknownuser said:

            I'll keep saying this until some guys will listen

            Sorry for misunderstanding, my fault. The guys I had in mind were the podium v2 crew. 😳

            1 Reply Last reply
            Reply Quote 0
            • S
              Starling75
              last edited by

              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ffxEobkkGeM πŸ˜„

              http://www.starlingarch.cz

              1 Reply Last reply
              Reply Quote 0
              • N
                nickenzyme
                last edited by

                Haha! I found this pic in my iPhone4G. Really love your pics!

                Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass... It's about learning how to dance in the rain!

                1 Reply Last reply
                Reply Quote 0
                • Rich O BrienR
                  Rich O Brien Moderator
                  last edited by

                  long lost file....

                  minion-01.jpg

                  ...unfinished. No feet etc...

                  Must revisit this soon...

                  Download the free D'oh Book for SketchUp πŸ“–

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Reply Quote 0
                  • Rich O BrienR
                    Rich O Brien Moderator
                    last edited by

                    minion-02.jpg

                    Download the free D'oh Book for SketchUp πŸ“–

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Reply Quote 0
                    • soloS
                      solo
                      last edited by

                      Well that took a while...

                      Nice model, love those cartoon materials is that from Cycles?

                      I had completely forgotten about this thread, heck I cannot even find the Minion I did, and I did do one.

                      So I did a quick one (about 30 minutes) of the new Evil Minion from Despicable me 2.

                      Used Artisan sculpting, new JPP and Fur.

                      Evil minion.jpg

                      http://www.solos-art.com

                      If you see a toilet in your dreams do not use it.

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Reply Quote 0
                      • Rich O BrienR
                        Rich O Brien Moderator
                        last edited by

                        No Blender Internal with Toon shaders and Freestyle for the lines.

                        Modeled in SU originally but finished off some things today when I remembered I had a heap of files on Mega

                        Download the free D'oh Book for SketchUp πŸ“–

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Reply Quote 0
                        • Bryan KB
                          Bryan K
                          last edited by

                          πŸ˜† Love 'em!

                          See my portfolio at https://delphiscousin.blogspot.com/

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          Reply Quote 0
                          • BoxB
                            Box
                            last edited by

                            Here you go Solo, as I'm sure you've mastered blender and animation by now you should be able to knock something like this out in no time. πŸ’š

                            1 Reply Last reply
                            Reply Quote 0
                            • Rich O BrienR
                              Rich O Brien Moderator
                              last edited by

                              What does the Box say?

                              Download the free D'oh Book for SketchUp πŸ“–

                              1 Reply Last reply
                              Reply Quote 0
                              • BoxB
                                Box
                                last edited by

                                @rich o brien said:

                                What does the Box say?

                                Umm, open other end!

                                1 Reply Last reply
                                Reply Quote 0
                                • olisheaO
                                  olishea
                                  last edited by

                                  I'm gonna send that to my girlfriend she's obsessed with minions! It's like the crazy frog on steroids!

                                  oli

                                  1 Reply Last reply
                                  Reply Quote 0

                                  Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                  Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                  With your input, this post could be even better πŸ’—

                                  Register Login
                                  • 1 / 1
                                  • First post
                                    Last post
                                  Buy SketchPlus
                                  Buy SUbD
                                  Buy WrapR
                                  Buy eBook
                                  Buy Modelur
                                  Buy Vertex Tools
                                  Buy SketchCuisine
                                  Buy FormFonts

                                  Advertisement