sketchucation logo sketchucation
    • Login
    Oops, your profile's looking a bit empty! To help us tailor your experience, please fill in key details like your SketchUp version, skill level, operating system, and more. Update and save your info on your profile page today!
    ⚠️ Update | Sketchucation Tools 5.0.8 released with licensing improvements and bugfixes Download

    Video rendering problem

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Newbie Forum
    sketchup
    18 Posts 3 Posters 2.1k Views 3 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • GaieusG
      Gaieus
      last edited by

      I am pretty sure it's some RAM issue then (4Gb is extremely huge!).

      Would your initial AVI run at all?

      Gai...

      1 Reply Last reply
      Reply Quote 0
      • H
        hobbnob
        last edited by

        Any idea how I can solve it?

        My WIP Thread:Here

        1 Reply Last reply
        Reply Quote 0
        • Chris FullmerC
          Chris Fullmer
          last edited by

          You might need to take it to the wax site and ask around there. I agree it also sounds like a memmory issue. Perhaps this wax software has known memmory issues?

          What about editing the videos in Windows Movie Maker? I've used that with Fraps rather succesfully in the past.

          Chris

          Lately you've been tan, suspicious for the winter.
          All my Plugins I've written

          1 Reply Last reply
          Reply Quote 0
          • H
            hobbnob
            last edited by

            wax's forum is rubbish, and movie maker crashes whenever I try to save something

            My WIP Thread:Here

            1 Reply Last reply
            Reply Quote 0
            • GaieusG
              Gaieus
              last edited by

              How about VirtualDub then? To me it has always served pretty well. (I do not use either of your apps so I cannot really suggest any more valuable)

              Gai...

              1 Reply Last reply
              Reply Quote 0
              • H
                hobbnob
                last edited by

                Thanks gai, I'll get it and see how it does

                My WIP Thread:Here

                1 Reply Last reply
                Reply Quote 0
                • H
                  hobbnob
                  last edited by

                  Gonna have to do some pride-swallowing here. . .
                  Gai, thanks for all the help and patience, and thanks for the virtualDub link. However, I said before that windows movie maker didn't work, trouble is, something has happened since I last used it that means it now works, sorry bout that. Need a bit more help, on movie maker I have put all the footage together( it was in many separate files) but it si 2 hours long, how do I speed up the footage to get ti to a decent length?

                  My WIP Thread:Here

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Reply Quote 0
                  • GaieusG
                    Gaieus
                    last edited by

                    I really do not know that, sorry. I have never added such footage myself.

                    Gai...

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Reply Quote 0
                    • H
                      hobbnob
                      last edited by

                      K i'll google it, thanks for your help gai

                      My WIP Thread:Here

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Reply Quote 0
                      • Chris FullmerC
                        Chris Fullmer
                        last edited by

                        Its 2 hours long? How rae you thinking to get it to a reasonable size? And what is reasonable to you? Like 5 minutes? Or like 30?

                        Are you planning to take it down in size by cutting out the less important parts? Or by speeding it up?

                        I have to be working in Movie Maker today and probably through the rest of the week. I don't remember how to speed things up or slow them down, but if I see how I'll come back and post here. I know it used to be possible.

                        Chris

                        Lately you've been tan, suspicious for the winter.
                        All my Plugins I've written

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Reply Quote 0
                        • H
                          hobbnob
                          last edited by

                          yeah I wanna speed it up so that it's less than 10 minutes, then I can get it on youtube

                          My WIP Thread:Here

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          Reply Quote 0
                          • Chris FullmerC
                            Chris Fullmer
                            last edited by

                            In the Video effects, there is a "Speed Up, Double" option. So you can apply that as many times as necessary to get it under 10 minutes.

                            There might be another way, but I am not sure right now.

                            Chris

                            Lately you've been tan, suspicious for the winter.
                            All my Plugins I've written

                            1 Reply Last reply
                            Reply Quote 0
                            • H
                              hobbnob
                              last edited by

                              K I tried that, trouble is you can only apply it to one file at a time, and that's a right bitch when there are files, which have been split up into 20 different pieces by movie maker, is there a way to merge all the files into one, or apply an effect to all pieces at once?

                              My WIP Thread:Here

                              1 Reply Last reply
                              Reply Quote 0
                              • Chris FullmerC
                                Chris Fullmer
                                last edited by

                                Yup, You can go to the video effects window. Now right click on the speed up effect and choose "copy". Then select all your clips in the storyboard with ctrl-a. Now press ctrl-v to paste the effect onto all clips. That should do it. And you can paste it in as many times as needed. Though after each paste, you will need to re-select all with ctrl-a again.

                                See if that works.

                                Chris

                                Lately you've been tan, suspicious for the winter.
                                All my Plugins I've written

                                1 Reply Last reply
                                Reply Quote 0
                                • H
                                  hobbnob
                                  last edited by

                                  Thanks mate, doing it now

                                  My WIP Thread:Here

                                  1 Reply Last reply
                                  Reply Quote 0

                                  Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                  Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                  With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                                  Register Login
                                  • 1 / 1
                                  • First post
                                    Last post
                                  Buy SketchPlus
                                  Buy SUbD
                                  Buy WrapR
                                  Buy eBook
                                  Buy Modelur
                                  Buy Vertex Tools
                                  Buy SketchCuisine
                                  Buy FormFonts

                                  Advertisement