sketchucation logo sketchucation
    • Login
    Oops, your profile's looking a bit empty! To help us tailor your experience, please fill in key details like your SketchUp version, skill level, operating system, and more. Update and save your info on your profile page today!
    ⚠️ Update | Sketchucation Tools 5.0.8 released with licensing improvements and bugfixes Download

    Podium Photomatch (AGAIN!) [TUTORIAL]

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Gallery
    31 Posts 14 Posters 8.0k Views 14 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • GaieusG
      Gaieus
      last edited by

      I am a bit stumped at what is what here (although I'm pretty sure I'm seeing some very cool thing again - just don't know what) 😳

      Could you show and original and a final together?

      Gai...

      1 Reply Last reply
      Reply Quote 0
      • marked001M
        marked001
        last edited by

        blends really nicely... you're going to become the sketchucation master at this...haha... wish it somehow stood out a tiny bit more though... maybe blends a little too much... is that contradictory? haha...

        http://www.revision21vis.com

        instagram: revi21on

        1 Reply Last reply
        Reply Quote 0
        • olisheaO
          olishea
          last edited by

          haha I know what you mean. Although getting it to blend in is what my boss requires, you know the drill! The last thing we want is a building that distracts from the canal/listed mills etc. thanks for the comments

          oli

          1 Reply Last reply
          Reply Quote 0
          • S
            sepo
            last edited by

            Looks good Oli...good old British weather. Even when sunny looks grey πŸ˜‰

            1 Reply Last reply
            Reply Quote 0
            • D
              dylan
              last edited by

              Nice work oli.

              The last stiched image you posted, how did you get it to the improved panoramic version?
              Im guessing the last image is what the software turns out that you used to stich the pics together. Did you just crop from there?
              I would be interested in how you get the panoramic image and which software you use.

              http://dmdarchitecture.co.uk/

              1 Reply Last reply
              Reply Quote 0
              • olisheaO
                olishea
                last edited by

                Hi Dylan,

                I just used the automate function in Photoshop. (file>automate>photomerge)

                It will only work well if the original photographs run into each other nicely (and the daylight doesn't change between each photo you take, as with mine)

                It is worth playing around with the stitching modes (perspective, cylindrical etc.) to best suit your image. I then cropped it and blurred/clone stamped the stitches.

                There are other ways of doing this with perfect results but I find this method quickest.

                oli

                1 Reply Last reply
                Reply Quote 0
                • olisheaO
                  olishea
                  last edited by

                  Here is another version....nicer I think.

                  marked.....I get you now, it can blend in while still having contrast.

                  http://i654.photobucket.com/albums/uu269/olishea/panobluetest-4.jpg

                  oli

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Reply Quote 0
                  • GaieusG
                    Gaieus
                    last edited by

                    Thanks for the "originals". Indeed they were needed to make the whole situation clear. Really great work. And I don't mind the blending either. I guess that's also the goal (somewhat); to convince officials for instance that it won't be striking at all.

                    Gai...

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Reply Quote 0
                    • soloS
                      solo
                      last edited by

                      Oli

                      You seem to have made a point in mastering this whole photo-match thing...well done!

                      I have never really had a need for this in the past, but recently I've had a call for a few of these, I use a whole different technique and software to achieve what I was asked for however you seem to have a very much easier and quicker solution (so it looks), do you think if and when you get a chance that you would be willing to throw a quick tutorial or even video together on the basics of your technique? It would certainly be something we would add to our growing anthology of tutorials and something that will benefit many users, myself included.

                      http://www.solos-art.com

                      If you see a toilet in your dreams do not use it.

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Reply Quote 0
                      • olisheaO
                        olishea
                        last edited by

                        Solo.....of course I will. I've learnt a wealth of information from your works and tutorials so I'd be more than happy to return the favour! I'm kinda flattered that you, render god, can learn something from a mere mortal like me!

                        (and yes the technique is easy)

                        Watch this space.........

                        oli

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Reply Quote 0
                        • olisheaO
                          olishea
                          last edited by

                          yessir......

                          Here is the original photo before the building was applied: (I updated the first post too)

                          http://i654.photobucket.com/albums/uu269/olishea/Picture19.png

                          I would post an non-edited panoramic without the building but the image is flat now, sorry!

                          [edit] Here is the original panoramic before I stitched it better, without the building. Do you get it now?

                          http://i654.photobucket.com/albums/uu269/olishea/pano-original.jpg

                          oli

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          Reply Quote 0
                          • D
                            dylan
                            last edited by

                            I must admit I always use more complicated ways of doing this. Your way Oli using Photomatch makes far more sense, seems very accurate and will save time.
                            Look forward to your tutorial, although what you have already posted is a very big help πŸ‘

                            http://dmdarchitecture.co.uk/

                            1 Reply Last reply
                            Reply Quote 0
                            • olisheaO
                              olishea
                              last edited by

                              The results can be amazing if you start off with the right photos. When I took my pics the sun went in and out of cloud....you can see the change in tone between the 5 photos which make this image up. (I also didnt use a tripod haha) I'm really not that good at photoshop otherwise I would have tried to make it completely seamless, maybe next time!

                              oli

                              1 Reply Last reply
                              Reply Quote 0
                              • RichardR
                                Richard
                                last edited by

                                Mate awesome work again! I knew I was on to something when I said in another thread that I needed to watch your threads!!!!

                                BUILTBRAND.COM.AU

                                1 Reply Last reply
                                Reply Quote 0
                                • olisheaO
                                  olishea
                                  last edited by

                                  I dont know why you are impressed Richard, your work infinitely cacks all over this!!

                                  oli

                                  1 Reply Last reply
                                  Reply Quote 0
                                  • RichardR
                                    Richard
                                    last edited by

                                    @olishea said:

                                    I dont know why you are impressed Richard, your work infinitely cacks all over this!!

                                    Why????

                                    Because you've shown some great artistic merit, true mastery over your applications and proof of simplicity in approach!!! All impress me mate!

                                    BUILTBRAND.COM.AU

                                    1 Reply Last reply
                                    Reply Quote 0
                                    • majidM
                                      majid
                                      last edited by

                                      nice and mastee piece of work πŸ‘

                                      My inspiring A, B, Sketches book: https://sketchucation.com/shop/books/intermediate/2612-alphabet-inspired-sketches--inspiring-drills-for-architects--3d-artists-and-designers-

                                      1 Reply Last reply
                                      Reply Quote 0
                                      • olisheaO
                                        olishea
                                        last edited by

                                        thanks guys! πŸ‘

                                        oli

                                        1 Reply Last reply
                                        Reply Quote 0
                                        • holmes1977H
                                          holmes1977
                                          last edited by

                                          Well done

                                          You have inspired me to give it a crack

                                          Exaggeration makes a dull story better.

                                          1 Reply Last reply
                                          Reply Quote 0
                                          • olisheaO
                                            olishea
                                            last edited by

                                            good stuff, ill make a step by step tutorial for this next week

                                            oli

                                            1 Reply Last reply
                                            Reply Quote 0

                                            Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                            Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                            With your input, this post could be even better πŸ’—

                                            Register Login
                                            • 1
                                            • 2
                                            • 2 / 2
                                            • First post
                                              Last post
                                            Buy SketchPlus
                                            Buy SUbD
                                            Buy WrapR
                                            Buy eBook
                                            Buy Modelur
                                            Buy Vertex Tools
                                            Buy SketchCuisine
                                            Buy FormFonts

                                            Advertisement