sketchucation logo sketchucation
    • Login
    Oops, your profile's looking a bit empty! To help us tailor your experience, please fill in key details like your SketchUp version, skill level, operating system, and more. Update and save your info on your profile page today!
    ⚠️ Update | Sketchucation Tools 5.0.8 released with licensing improvements and bugfixes Download

    [Plugin] UV Toolkit

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Plugins
    377 Posts 86 Posters 398.4k Views 86 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • free agentF
      free agent
      last edited by

      dammit thomthom, i want to stop using sketchup altogether and u guys keep giving me less reason to leave, cant wait to see more developement on this, please keep road kurbs in mind, perhaps a follow along path type texturing, i might be pissing in the wind but we all need to pee every now and then (i'll try work on a better analogy)... πŸ‘ πŸ‘ πŸ‘

      http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u143/FreeAgent84/bug.gif

      1 Reply Last reply
      Reply Quote 0
      • thomthomT
        thomthom
        last edited by

        @unknownuser said:

        please keep road kurbs in mind, perhaps a follow along path type texturing

        This is one of the final goals I hope to be able to do. πŸ˜‰

        Thomas Thomassen β€” SketchUp Monkey & Coding addict
        List of my plugins and link to the CookieWare fund

        1 Reply Last reply
        Reply Quote 0
        • S
          sepo
          last edited by

          Nice one TT. Really useful piece of kit. πŸ‘

          1 Reply Last reply
          Reply Quote 0
          • StinkieS
            Stinkie
            last edited by

            @unknownuser said:

            @unknownuser said:

            i want to stop using sketchup altogether

            Why?

            Wild guess: texturing, poly count etc.

            Nice plugin, Thomas. Thanks! πŸ‘

            1 Reply Last reply
            Reply Quote 0
            • free agentF
              free agent
              last edited by

              @unknownuser said:

              @unknownuser said:

              @unknownuser said:

              i want to stop using sketchup altogether

              Why?

              Wild guess: texturing, poly count etc.

              etc etc etc... learn ANY other modeler, that should answere the question, still love sketchup though...

              http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u143/FreeAgent84/bug.gif

              1 Reply Last reply
              Reply Quote 0
              • FrederikF
                Frederik
                last edited by

                Thanks, Thomas... πŸ‘

                Cheers
                Kim Frederik

                1 Reply Last reply
                Reply Quote 0
                • majidM
                  majid
                  last edited by

                  thanx , that is great

                  My inspiring A, B, Sketches book: https://sketchucation.com/shop/books/intermediate/2612-alphabet-inspired-sketches--inspiring-drills-for-architects--3d-artists-and-designers-

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Reply Quote 0
                  • EarthMoverE
                    EarthMover
                    last edited by

                    Thanks Thom, this is exactly what I need!! πŸ‘ πŸ‘

                    3D Artist at Clearstory 3D Imaging
                    Guide Tool at Winning With Sketchup
                    Content Creator at Skapeup

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Reply Quote 0
                    • thomthomT
                      thomthom
                      last edited by

                      @gaieus said:

                      What I noticed is that you need to have the orientation of the image file in the model correct. You cannot rotate the texture using hidden geometry on an THEN apply the plugin because it will revert it to the default orientation.

                      I've managed to rotate the texture of rectangular quad-faces 90,180 and 270 degrees. But I'm experiencing some oddity with quads of an unusual shape. Getting there though. (And yes, it does rotate the texture of multiple face all at once.)

                      Thomas Thomassen β€” SketchUp Monkey & Coding addict
                      List of my plugins and link to the CookieWare fund

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Reply Quote 0
                      • D
                        davide.skp
                        last edited by

                        Fast and accurate, you are a great!
                        I try to stress a little the process with some complex geometries ..... but for now everything seems perfect!
                        Triangular faces with respect to I have a half idea ... Once I realize the concept I try to give you news!

                        once again thanks Thomas ...
                        you are a power!

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Reply Quote 0
                        • thomthomT
                          thomthom
                          last edited by

                          Yea, I've been wondering how to tackle triangles. If you have some ideas that'd be nice.

                          Thomas Thomassen β€” SketchUp Monkey & Coding addict
                          List of my plugins and link to the CookieWare fund

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          Reply Quote 0
                          • D
                            davide.skp
                            last edited by

                            @unknownuser said:

                            What's next?
                            I might merge my Mirror UV Mapping plugin with this if I can get this thing working as I want.

                            In fact everything is fine until you make the
                            "Mirror UV Mapping plugin"


                            sorry, as usual, my English ... I hope is understandable!


                            base model


                            fit texture .... OK


                            the back of the model .... OK


                            Mirror UV ... very strange never notice problem with this plugin .... probabily is correlate to MAKE UNIQUE TEXTURE


                            ![this fast test seem confirm the idea ... if I "MAKE UNIQUE TEXTURE" of some face the mirror still work perfect](/uploads/imported_attachments/HCt2_005.jpg "this fast test seem confirm the idea ... if I "MAKE UNIQUE TEXTURE" of some face the mirror still work perfect")

                            1 Reply Last reply
                            Reply Quote 0
                            • N
                              numerobis
                              last edited by

                              WOW! Thank You! Very cool!

                              @davide.skp
                              have you tried to group all faces first and then use the mirror tool?
                              I had this issue with imported trees. Using the mirror tool without opening the group/component worked well - applying it to the faces in the group messed up all uv's forever... πŸ˜’

                              1 Reply Last reply
                              Reply Quote 0
                              • thomthomT
                                thomthom
                                last edited by

                                hmmm.... do you have that test model still? could you upload it here so I can have a look at it?

                                btw, where you using version 0.1.x or 0.2.0 for those tests?

                                Thomas Thomassen β€” SketchUp Monkey & Coding addict
                                List of my plugins and link to the CookieWare fund

                                1 Reply Last reply
                                Reply Quote 0
                                • GaieusG
                                  Gaieus
                                  last edited by

                                  @thomthom said:

                                  I've managed to rotate the texture of rectangular quad-faces 90,180 and 270 degrees. But I'm experiencing some oddity with quads of an unusual shape. Getting there though. (And yes, it does rotate the texture of multiple face all at once.)

                                  I had no problem with rotating the texture on my first example but in the second (tubular) one,with hidden geometry in it, it reverted.

                                  I'll perform some further tests however.

                                  Gai...

                                  1 Reply Last reply
                                  Reply Quote 0
                                  • D
                                    davide.skp
                                    last edited by

                                    thom, I have the model but the problem happens with all drawing, although groups geometries


                                    001.skp

                                    1 Reply Last reply
                                    Reply Quote 0
                                    • D
                                      davide.skp
                                      last edited by

                                      As for the triangular faces, however, I think we can solve from the creation of texture ENDOW ...
                                      therefore, if you create the texture, like that crap that attached below ((do not laugh ... please! (on this machine I do not have libraries, and even software))
                                      TEXTURE BE DONE WITH THIS LOGIC
                                      potresti forcing the deformation of the side "red" retaining its position as the pivotal point of the "green" and excluding portions "black"?


                                      a001.jpg

                                      1 Reply Last reply
                                      Reply Quote 0
                                      • thomthomT
                                        thomthom
                                        last edited by

                                        Ok, it's a bug when the face is not shaped like a rectangle or parallelogram. I have similar issue when I tried to make a function that rotates the texture left/right. This affects both this plugin as well as the UV Mirror plugin.

                                        I must look deeper into how skewed textures works.

                                        Thomas Thomassen β€” SketchUp Monkey & Coding addict
                                        List of my plugins and link to the CookieWare fund

                                        1 Reply Last reply
                                        Reply Quote 0
                                        • thomthomT
                                          thomthom
                                          last edited by

                                          @davide.skp said:

                                          As for the triangular faces, however, I think we can solve from the creation of texture ENDOW ...
                                          therefore, if you create the texture, like that crap that attached below ((do not laugh ... please! (on this machine I do not have libraries, and even software))
                                          TEXTURE BE DONE WITH THIS LOGIC
                                          potresti forcing the deformation of the side "red" retaining its position as the pivotal point of the "green" and excluding portions "black"?

                                          Not sure if I understand this. "potresti"?

                                          Thomas Thomassen β€” SketchUp Monkey & Coding addict
                                          List of my plugins and link to the CookieWare fund

                                          1 Reply Last reply
                                          Reply Quote 0
                                          • D
                                            davide.skp
                                            last edited by

                                            I was using google translator ... fell like a donkey!

                                            I said that we could adjust the triangle, if it were made with certain criteria, what do you think?

                                            or ... we should not necessarily create a specific texture (which depend on the use if they want to do)
                                            however, the routine should position the texture on the face by adjusting the triangular side "red" at the base of the triangle and the other side the one with the "green" im sure that the "green" is in the middle and coincident with the apex of the triangle ..

                                            I hope you understand! sincerely sorry but use very little English!


                                            Nuova immagine (4).jpg


                                            Nuova immagine (5).jpg

                                            1 Reply Last reply
                                            Reply Quote 0

                                            Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                            Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                            With your input, this post could be even better πŸ’—

                                            Register Login
                                            • 1
                                            • 2
                                            • 3
                                            • 4
                                            • 5
                                            • 18
                                            • 19
                                            • 1 / 19
                                            • First post
                                              Last post
                                            Buy SketchPlus
                                            Buy SUbD
                                            Buy WrapR
                                            Buy eBook
                                            Buy Modelur
                                            Buy Vertex Tools
                                            Buy SketchCuisine
                                            Buy FormFonts

                                            Advertisement