sketchucation logo sketchucation
    • Login
    Oops, your profile's looking a bit empty! To help us tailor your experience, please fill in key details like your SketchUp version, skill level, operating system, and more. Update and save your info on your profile page today!
    ⚠️ Update | Sketchucation Tools 5.0.8 released with licensing improvements and bugfixes Download

    Material Context Menu "Area" and "Select" disabled

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved SketchUp Bug Reporting
    sketchup
    7 Posts 2 Posters 1.3k Views 2 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • thomthomT
      thomthom
      last edited by Gábor

      I just noticed that when I right click on a material in the material list, the Area and Select command is disabled. At least for new materials I create. Some models with old material still work.

      This happens in SU7.
      When I try with SU6 it works as expected on all materials.

      I've attached a sample file. The material "ARC Logo" works fine, but for the other two I can't right-click and click Area.


      areamenu.skp

      Thomas Thomassen — SketchUp Monkey & Coding addict
      List of my plugins and link to the CookieWare fund

      1 Reply Last reply
      Reply Quote 0
      • GaieusG
        Gaieus
        last edited by

        Hi Tom,

        They seem to be simple colours only - unkike the logo image. Also when you go to the Edit tab, image textures have a scale while colours don't. Might this be associated with this?

        Well, if it works differently in SU 6 and you consider this a bug (why not?) it is called a "New in SU 7 bug" (just for the future 😉 )

        Gai...

        1 Reply Last reply
        Reply Quote 0
        • thomthomT
          thomthom
          last edited by

          I just noticed it only affects plain colour materials (materials with materialType = 0) Textured, and coloured textured (materialType 1 and 2) works fine as expected.

          In SU6 it works fine for all types materials. So this is new to SU7 and I really do not see how this can be a "feature". I claim this a bug.

          Thomas Thomassen — SketchUp Monkey & Coding addict
          List of my plugins and link to the CookieWare fund

          1 Reply Last reply
          Reply Quote 0
          • GaieusG
            Gaieus
            last edited by

            Ehm... I didn't say "feature" anywhere. I said "(...for the) future".

            Gai...

            1 Reply Last reply
            Reply Quote 0
            • thomthomT
              thomthom
              last edited by

              I know. It's just that I was thinking of the PhotoMatch "feature" where when you project textures to the model, objects in front masks the texture. I thought that was a bug as well. But it turned out to be a new feature. 😉

              Thomas Thomassen — SketchUp Monkey & Coding addict
              List of my plugins and link to the CookieWare fund

              1 Reply Last reply
              Reply Quote 0
              • GaieusG
                Gaieus
                last edited by

                Ah, all right. I know what you mean.

                Gai...

                1 Reply Last reply
                Reply Quote 0
                • thomthomT
                  thomthom
                  last edited by

                  I do have a bad tendency to leave out a few chains of thoughts when I express myself... 😳

                  Thomas Thomassen — SketchUp Monkey & Coding addict
                  List of my plugins and link to the CookieWare fund

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Reply Quote 0

                  Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                  Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                  With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                  Register Login
                  • 1 / 1
                  • First post
                    Last post
                  Buy SketchPlus
                  Buy SUbD
                  Buy WrapR
                  Buy eBook
                  Buy Modelur
                  Buy Vertex Tools
                  Buy SketchCuisine
                  Buy FormFonts

                  Advertisement