sketchucation logo sketchucation
    • Login
    Oops, your profile's looking a bit empty! To help us tailor your experience, please fill in key details like your SketchUp version, skill level, operating system, and more. Update and save your info on your profile page today!
    ⚠️ Update | Sketchucation Tools 5.0.8 released with licensing improvements and bugfixes Download

    Is there a fillet comand like in Autocad?

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Newbie Forum
    sketchup
    7 Posts 5 Posters 2.2k Views 5 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • L
      logscape
      last edited by

      Hi. I am new to SU. I am trying to find out how I can do the fillet comand as in Autocad.
      Thank you for the help
      daniel

      1 Reply Last reply
      Reply Quote 0
      • FletchF
        Fletch
        last edited by

        yes, it's called fillet.rb do a search - try Didier Bur's page (see ruby section of this forum to find him/it.

        select 2 lines, then choose fillet from your plugins menu, it will ask you for radius.

        Fletch
        3D Modeling addict. Former owner/developer of Twilight Render. sleepinggiantvisual.com

        1 Reply Last reply
        Reply Quote 0
        • DamaTheCatD
          DamaTheCat
          last edited by

          Hey Guys,

          Been looking for a "Fillet Ruby" and read your posts.... Found Didier Bur's page, went to the Ruby Depot, but only found "FilletTool.rb". AND it is only for PC's..... (Us Mac users always get the "hind t*t" so to speak.)

          Is there a ruby called "fillet.rb" and other than Ruby Depot where should I look.

          I miss the fillet tool, had one in TC-10.

          Thanks,
          Mike

          Every Day I Try To Be The Person My Dog Thinks I am.......

          1 Reply Last reply
          Reply Quote 0
          • FletchF
            Fletch
            last edited by

            # Name;           k_tools 4.2
            # Author ;        Klaudius "mail@klaudiuskrusch.de"
            # Description;  Draws mathematical graphs in 2D and 3D and some geometrical constructions
            # Usage;          Dialog-Boxes
            #                    Draws curves and curved areas
            # Type;           Tool
            # Date;           2005,09,26
            

            that's a quote from Fillet.rb.
            can't help you any more, ask in ruby forum.
            but that's not necessarily the tool I'm thinking of, but in my Plugins pulldown I have a ruby that says "Fillet" and it has a flyout pulldown that says make "L", make "T", "round" ... unfortunately I do not see a way to tell what a ruby is called that is listed in the plugins pulldown because the name of the .rb and the word listed in the plugin pulldown does not necessary need to be the same word.

            Fletch
            3D Modeling addict. Former owner/developer of Twilight Render. sleepinggiantvisual.com

            1 Reply Last reply
            Reply Quote 0
            • R
              remus
              last edited by

              Might be worth downloading filletool.rb just to make sure it doesnt work on a mac, doesnt strike me as the sort fo thing that wouldnt work.

              http://remusrendering.wordpress.com/

              1 Reply Last reply
              Reply Quote 0
              • M
                morri
                last edited by

                Have a look at this thread, in this package there is a fillet ruby and an offset line ruby, just like acad
                http://www.sketchucation.com/forums/scf/viewtopic.php?f=180&t=15927&st=0&sk=t&sd=a

                1 Reply Last reply
                Reply Quote 0
                • DamaTheCatD
                  DamaTheCat
                  last edited by

                  Done deal.... Thanks Morri & Remius... the threads and advise did the trick.

                  Every Day I Try To Be The Person My Dog Thinks I am.......

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Reply Quote 0

                  Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                  Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                  With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                  Register Login
                  • 1 / 1
                  • First post
                    Last post
                  Buy SketchPlus
                  Buy SUbD
                  Buy WrapR
                  Buy eBook
                  Buy Modelur
                  Buy Vertex Tools
                  Buy SketchCuisine
                  Buy FormFonts

                  Advertisement