sketchucation logo sketchucation
    • Login
    Oops, your profile's looking a bit empty! To help us tailor your experience, please fill in key details like your SketchUp version, skill level, operating system, and more. Update and save your info on your profile page today!
    ⚠️ Update | Sketchucation Tools 5.0.8 released with licensing improvements and bugfixes Download

    Google Sketchup Pro 7 is out

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved SketchUp Discussions
    sketchup
    300 Posts 100 Posters 92.7k Views 100 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • FrederikF
      Frederik
      last edited by

      Wonder why they've chosen to release it on a Saturday...?!? 😒

      Cheers
      Kim Frederik

      1 Reply Last reply
      Reply Quote 0
      • H
        HFM
        last edited by

        Well, I'm a bit disappointed [and I wasn't even expecting much...] other than a bigger image support and dynamic components it's pretty much the same 😕 Correct me if I'm wrong please...

        It could be that when you purchase a license sketchup unlocks a cr*pload of extra's, plugins and rubys, but I'm not counting on it...

        1 Reply Last reply
        Reply Quote 0
        • S
          Stu
          last edited by

          Yeah I think your right....there must be a whole lot of changes that arent immediatly obvious....... 😕
          [but its cool that I can change the colour of the guys's shirt on the startup page.]

          http://www.landesign.com.au

          1 Reply Last reply
          Reply Quote 0
          • P
            PeterCharles
            last edited by

            That's a bummer, I'm still running Win2000 so the installer coughs tells me my OS is not supported! 😳

            It's installed on my Acer Aspire One OK

            1 Reply Last reply
            Reply Quote 0
            • C
              Click Draw
              last edited by

              Well....I took the SU7 plung. I'll post any new goodies as I see them. Either way, it feels good to owner a licensed copy and not just use the free version. Now I gotta work it it pay for itself! 😍

              Have I mentioned how much of a laugh I get out of some of the Signatures on here!

              1 Reply Last reply
              Reply Quote 0
              • TaffGochT
                TaffGoch
                last edited by

                Woo-Hoo!

                "Information is not knowledge." -- Albert Einstein

                1 Reply Last reply
                Reply Quote 0
                • pilouP
                  pilou
                  last edited by

                  Does a free version available too? (not Pro)

                  Frenchy Pilou
                  Is beautiful that please without concept!
                  My Little site :)

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Reply Quote 0
                  • C
                    Click Draw
                    last edited by

                    Not that I could see....but try re downloading and see if it's 6 or 7. Just a thought.
                    Jeff

                    Have I mentioned how much of a laugh I get out of some of the Signatures on here!

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Reply Quote 0
                    • B
                      bakbek
                      last edited by

                      No real love and passion behind the development of this product anymore i fear.

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Reply Quote 0
                      • david_hD
                        david_h
                        last edited by

                        well before I go all giddy and Jumping up and down, I would like to hear something about the new features. . .

                        1. is it really just 6 with a lot of the plugins now built-in?
                        2. Is there a render tool included or is that still third party?
                        3. Any new tools?
                        4. Can it bake bread? Im on lo-carbs tho'

                        But you know. Let's hear some Chatter people!!! 💚

                        If I make it look easy...It is probably easy

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Reply Quote 0
                        • S
                          Stu
                          last edited by

                          David my guess is that we're too stunned to chatter!

                          http://www.landesign.com.au

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          Reply Quote 0
                          • K
                            kevin_walker
                            last edited by

                            Antialias preferences tool is quiet nice for textures.

                            Kevin

                            1 Reply Last reply
                            Reply Quote 0
                            • B
                              bytor
                              last edited by

                              So far..........looks like
                              1- Layout 2 included
                              2- Style builder included
                              3- Dynamic Components - looks very cool, especially whem combined with cost attributes

                              A quick animation test indicates that the shadow bug is still there.

                              Bytor

                              Find the Cost of Freedom.....

                              1 Reply Last reply
                              Reply Quote 0
                              • pilouP
                                pilou
                                last edited by

                                All the old plugs are keeping or must be reinstalled?

                                Frenchy Pilou
                                Is beautiful that please without concept!
                                My Little site :)

                                1 Reply Last reply
                                Reply Quote 0
                                • A
                                  August
                                  last edited by

                                  @frederik said:

                                  Wonder why they've chosen to release it on a Saturday...?!? 😒

                                  Hi Frederik,

                                  I suspect they are installing bits from the bottom up. You can buy a license but it's not there on the main Download page yet. Quite possibly there will more updates to more pages, hour by hour, through the weekend. Once it's all in place, the official Press Release goes out, etc. After all, you can't go announcing it before folks can buy it ... Excuse me ... Vaporware? ... OK, I suppose you can announce it prematurely, but you shouldn't.

                                  August

                                  “An idea, like a ghost, must be spoken to a little before it will explain itself.”
                                  [floatr:v1mcbde2]-- Charles Dickens[/floatr:v1mcbde2]

                                  1 Reply Last reply
                                  Reply Quote 0
                                  • rodrigonotorR
                                    rodrigonotor
                                    last edited by

                                    Look here!
                                    http://sketchup.google.com/gsu7/download.html

                                    download now!

                                    • Sketchando.net • www.arqcad.net •

                                    1 Reply Last reply
                                    Reply Quote 0
                                    • S
                                      ScottPara
                                      last edited by

                                      Enavas,

                                      While that says Version 7 it is actually saying version 6 once downloaded. I did not finish the install just on case it was going to overwrite something. I would imagine if it truly was version 7 they would have fixed the install screen. I think I will wait for the official release and let them work the kinks out on the main page.

                                      Scott

                                      Love the fact that some HATE my avatar.....

                                      1 Reply Last reply
                                      Reply Quote 0
                                      • FletchF
                                        Fletch
                                        last edited by

                                        hmm...

                                        edit - yes, it appears that SU7 is avail. for Pro version only at the moment. that's curious.

                                        http://www.sketchup.com/store/

                                        if it weren't for alexschreyer's post, and blog, I'd be deeply confused... thanks Alex!!!

                                        Fletch
                                        3D Modeling addict. Former owner/developer of Twilight Render. sleepinggiantvisual.com

                                        1 Reply Last reply
                                        Reply Quote 0
                                        • R
                                          remus
                                          last edited by

                                          Its the real thing.

                                          http://remusrendering.wordpress.com/

                                          1 Reply Last reply
                                          Reply Quote 0
                                          • L
                                            linea
                                            last edited by

                                            Have you found anything new yet?

                                            1 Reply Last reply
                                            Reply Quote 0

                                            Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                            Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                            With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                                            Register Login
                                            • 1
                                            • 2
                                            • 3
                                            • 4
                                            • 5
                                            • 14
                                            • 15
                                            • 2 / 15
                                            • First post
                                              Last post
                                            Buy SketchPlus
                                            Buy SUbD
                                            Buy WrapR
                                            Buy eBook
                                            Buy Modelur
                                            Buy Vertex Tools
                                            Buy SketchCuisine
                                            Buy FormFonts

                                            Advertisement