sketchucation logo sketchucation
    • Login
    Oops, your profile's looking a bit empty! To help us tailor your experience, please fill in key details like your SketchUp version, skill level, operating system, and more. Update and save your info on your profile page today!
    ⚠️ Update | Sketchucation Tools 5.0.8 released with licensing improvements and bugfixes Download

    Animations?

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Newbie Forum
    sketchup
    8 Posts 5 Posters 1.0k Views 5 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • C
      CADken
      last edited by

      Has anyone made some interesting animations they'd like to share? Is it possible to make animations, as far as moving parts, etc?

      this is as close as I can get with a trail plug-in:

      "it seems like everything I do is a work in progress..."

      1 Reply Last reply
      Reply Quote 0
      • B
        Bryden
        last edited by

        Animations are possible using scenes for example http://sketchup.google.com/3dwarehouse/details?mid=ab38653ca93f5ea5b2b03abc22b5aaa4
        or use SketchyPhysics.

        http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/8487/googlesketchupuserbarzh3.jpg

        1 Reply Last reply
        Reply Quote 0
        • C
          CADken
          last edited by

          thanks for the link...

          i'm hoping to really try some more animation techniques later on...

          i was surfing through the animation section here and was very impressed with what I saw.

          "it seems like everything I do is a work in progress..."

          1 Reply Last reply
          Reply Quote 0
          • boofredlayB
            boofredlay
            last edited by

            Then you most likely saw this.
            Thought I would link it anyway. πŸ˜‰

            http://www.coroflot.com/boofredlay

            1 Reply Last reply
            Reply Quote 0
            • pilouP
              pilou
              last edited by

              And this basic one πŸ˜‰ πŸ˜’ 😲 β˜€

              Frenchy Pilou
              Is beautiful that please without concept!
              My Little site :)

              1 Reply Last reply
              Reply Quote 0
              • C
                CADken
                last edited by

                yeah... i ended up reading the basic one and really like the whole layers thing.. i never thought of that 😲

                here are some animations I've done with some plug-ins... but I really like to try to "animate" on my own without plug-in assistance.

                very short animation done with layer technique:

                An animation for a presentation of mine:

                "it seems like everything I do is a work in progress..."

                1 Reply Last reply
                Reply Quote 0
                • M
                  miikka1978
                  last edited by

                  Has anybody tried to make animations with SU Animate. It seems interesting.

                  Link Preview Image
                  404 Not Found

                  favicon

                  (www.ohyeahcad.com)

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Reply Quote 0
                  • C
                    CADken
                    last edited by

                    @miikka1978 said:

                    Has anybody tried to make animations with SU Animate. It seems interesting.

                    Link Preview Image
                    404 Not Found

                    favicon

                    (www.ohyeahcad.com)

                    yes I have, there is a model of mine that used the SU Animate feature to show red arrows going through a smoke detection system. It's just a fancy add-on that creates "animations" faster than doing it manually.

                    Here is the work I did with the SU Animate:
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WXg9VWmQcG8

                    It uses some of the very basic animation techniques shown on this very forum. Using the same principles I created this very short animation of a fire truck pulling out of a station... the SU Animation program is nice, but you should really save yourself the money and just do it manually.

                    My fire truck short:
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pl1mW4CdQms

                    "it seems like everything I do is a work in progress..."

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Reply Quote 0

                    Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                    Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                    With your input, this post could be even better πŸ’—

                    Register Login
                    • 1 / 1
                    • First post
                      Last post
                    Buy SketchPlus
                    Buy SUbD
                    Buy WrapR
                    Buy eBook
                    Buy Modelur
                    Buy Vertex Tools
                    Buy SketchCuisine
                    Buy FormFonts

                    Advertisement