sketchucation logo sketchucation
    • Login
    Oops, your profile's looking a bit empty! To help us tailor your experience, please fill in key details like your SketchUp version, skill level, operating system, and more. Update and save your info on your profile page today!
    ⚠️ Update | Sketchucation Tools 5.0.8 released with licensing improvements and bugfixes Download

    Calling all SketchUp experts (in the U.S.)!

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved SketchUp Discussions
    sketchup
    43 Posts 19 Posters 8.6k Views 19 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • CraigDC
      CraigD
      last edited by

      So you love to show off your mad SketchUp skills? You like helping people learn? You can inference from three hidden component layers away while using the Follow Me tool to create a crown molding along the inside of a octagonal room?

      If this sounds like you, YOU may be just what we're looking for!

      The Google SketchUp team is currently looking to add to our team of SketchUp trainers for the next year. We have several full-time (but temporary) trainer positions open in the U.S.

      Please go here for more information: http://sketchupdate.blogspot.com/search/label/Jobs

      If you have any questions, feel free to pass them along.

      I know a lot of you, and feel that there are some seriously talented folks who we'd love to have representing Google SketchUp to eager students around the country!

      Hope to hear from you soon!

      Cheers,

       - CraigD
      

      Google SketchUp

      1 Reply Last reply
      Reply Quote 0
      • soloS
        solo
        last edited by

        Sounds great, sign me up for Dallas.

        http://www.solos-art.com

        If you see a toilet in your dreams do not use it.

        1 Reply Last reply
        Reply Quote 0
        • CraigDC
          CraigD
          last edited by

          Cool! Send your resume here: training@sketchup.com

          We'll have the training folks contact you.

          Cheers,

          - CraigD
          

          Google SketchUp

          1 Reply Last reply
          Reply Quote 0
          • tinanneT
            tinanne
            last edited by

            Craig, I might be interested for the New England area. What kind of traveling is involved?

            Executive Director : American Society of Architectural Illustrators
            AIP 30 Competition opens soon. ASAI.org

            Architectural Rendering

            1 Reply Last reply
            Reply Quote 0
            • CraigDC
              CraigD
              last edited by

              I'm looking into whether the positions are regional or national. (Somehow one of the links is broken and the folks "in the know" are working on that right now.)

              I'll let you all know as soon as I hear back.

              - CraigD
              

              Google SketchUp

              1 Reply Last reply
              Reply Quote 0
              • GaieusG
                Gaieus
                last edited by

                It's a shame you don't have such training programmes in Europe... πŸ˜‰

                Gai...

                1 Reply Last reply
                Reply Quote 0
                • CraigDC
                  CraigD
                  last edited by

                  @gaieus said:

                  It's a shame you don't have such training programmes in Europe... πŸ˜‰

                  LOL! We do Csaba, and I'll be sure to let you be the first to know when they come available...by posting it here! πŸ˜‰

                  - CraigD
                  

                  Google SketchUp

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Reply Quote 0
                  • GaieusG
                    Gaieus
                    last edited by

                    Ha! Thanks, Craig!

                    I used to tech for 9 years and I realy miss it. πŸ˜„

                    Gai...

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Reply Quote 0
                    • monsterzeroM
                      monsterzero
                      last edited by

                      Wow, CraigD, that sounds like fun. Too bad I have a job I love. Last year would have been perfect.

                      monsterzero
                      I live stream my work on my graphic novel:
                      https://www.youtube.com/@monsterz3r0

                      http://infinitemachine.tv/
                      https://www.aaatitle.xyz/

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Reply Quote 0
                      • A
                        alexander
                        last edited by

                        @gaieus said:

                        It's a shame you don't have such training programmes in Europe... πŸ˜‰

                        Yes me too.

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Reply Quote 0
                        • BurkhardB
                          Burkhard
                          last edited by

                          @gaieus said:

                          It's a shame you don't have such training programmes in Europe... πŸ˜‰

                          I'm ATC Trainer here in Germany, but all is done by the resellers. So people do not have any knowledge of what is possible here. No Fairtrades, no marketing, no services, no POC
                          coming up from Google...only web advices. Yep, it's a shame.

                          http://www.ia-plus.de

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          Reply Quote 0
                          • T
                            todd burch
                            last edited by

                            I could teach Ruby, and would REALLY enjoy it, but I could only do weekend gigs.

                            Todd

                            1 Reply Last reply
                            Reply Quote 0
                            • CraigDC
                              CraigD
                              last edited by

                              I have more information about the positions. We are looking for people who have expertise in SketchUp (for professional use) and want to work with the product for a year. Candidates need to be comfortable leading groups and very enthusiastic and knowledgeable about SketchUp and Google Earth. The position is salaried with pay and expense issued each week, and has benefits available. SketchUp trainers are based at their homes (anywhere in US) and travel up to three times per month to lead our training events.

                              If you think this is for you, please let me know! πŸ˜„

                              Cheers,

                              - CraigD
                              

                              Google SketchUp

                              1 Reply Last reply
                              Reply Quote 0
                              • CraigDC
                                CraigD
                                last edited by

                                Here is the job post (Please mention where you saw this when you email with your resume):

                                Folks, we are looking for enthusiasts who love teaching people how cool SketchUp is. We have three openings for long term (one-year) temporary SketchUp trainers. You would be working as a full-time Google temp and need to be available to travel.

                                The position involves weekly travel to lead our public training courses in cities around the US.

                                Responsibilities:
                                β€’ Travel to training locations
                                β€’ Lead training classes of up to 10 students
                                β€’ Learn and employ SketchUp training content and methods
                                β€’ Provide all required feedback and expense reporting
                                β€’ Other duties as assigned

                                Requirements:
                                β€’ BA/BS degree
                                β€’ Experience with SketchUp or other complex 3D or DTP design software
                                β€’ Ability to communicate complex issues/concepts clearly and effectively.
                                β€’ Comfort in public speaking
                                β€’ Experience in adult learning is helpful

                                If you are interested, please send your resume to <training at sketchup.com>

                                Google SketchUp

                                1 Reply Last reply
                                Reply Quote 0
                                • CraigDC
                                  CraigD
                                  last edited by

                                  Does this seem interesting to folks?

                                  - CraigD
                                  

                                  Google SketchUp

                                  1 Reply Last reply
                                  Reply Quote 0
                                  • FrederikF
                                    Frederik
                                    last edited by

                                    @craigd said:

                                    Does this seem interesting to folks?

                                    I'm sure it does, Craig... πŸ˜‰
                                    The problem for me is, that you don't seem to have similar seminars running in Europe... 😒
                                    If you had I would most definitely be very interested...! πŸ˜„
                                    (and I meet all your requirements... πŸ˜‰ )

                                    Cheers
                                    Kim Frederik

                                    1 Reply Last reply
                                    Reply Quote 0
                                    • boofredlayB
                                      boofredlay
                                      last edited by

                                      Craig, this is very interesting and I would jump on it if it were not for 3 factors.

                                      1. I have a full time job that I love and cannot leave.
                                      2. I just started with Form Fonts as well and need to "settle in".
                                      3. Other than: "Hey where is the Great Wall of China?" or "What does my house look like?" I have never used Google Earth let alone modeled anything for it.

                                      Thanks for posting this up here however. I am sure you will get some more interest as the week progresses.

                                      http://www.coroflot.com/boofredlay

                                      1 Reply Last reply
                                      Reply Quote 0
                                      • CraigDC
                                        CraigD
                                        last edited by

                                        #3 is very disheartening....

                                        Take a look at some of the 3D work that is going on there. Look at Westport, Ireland, or Marvao Portugal if you want to see some interesting 3D work.

                                        Google SketchUp

                                        1 Reply Last reply
                                        Reply Quote 0
                                        • boofredlayB
                                          boofredlay
                                          last edited by

                                          @craigd said:

                                          #3 is very disheartening....

                                          For you or for me? πŸ˜†

                                          http://www.coroflot.com/boofredlay

                                          1 Reply Last reply
                                          Reply Quote 0
                                          • CraigDC
                                            CraigD
                                            last edited by

                                            Back on topic...

                                            If the the job looks interesting (and you don't share Eric's POV), please throw your hat in the ring.

                                            Cheers,

                                             - CraigD
                                            

                                            Google SketchUp

                                            1 Reply Last reply
                                            Reply Quote 0

                                            Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                            Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                            With your input, this post could be even better πŸ’—

                                            Register Login
                                            • 1
                                            • 2
                                            • 3
                                            • 1 / 3
                                            • First post
                                              Last post
                                            Buy SketchPlus
                                            Buy SUbD
                                            Buy WrapR
                                            Buy eBook
                                            Buy Modelur
                                            Buy Vertex Tools
                                            Buy SketchCuisine
                                            Buy FormFonts

                                            Advertisement