sketchucation logo sketchucation
    • Login
    Oops, your profile's looking a bit empty! To help us tailor your experience, please fill in key details like your SketchUp version, skill level, operating system, and more. Update and save your info on your profile page today!
    ⚠️ Update | Sketchucation Tools 5.0.8 released with licensing improvements and bugfixes Download

    Tutorials for future use

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved SketchUp Tutorials
    sketchup
    13 Posts 9 Posters 5.5k Views 9 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • boofredlayB
      boofredlay
      last edited by

      Thanks for the recognition Brad and nice tip. I did not even know that folder existed until now. 😳 πŸ˜‰

      http://www.coroflot.com/boofredlay

      1 Reply Last reply
      Reply Quote 0
      • W
        watkins
        last edited by

        Dear Brad,

        Where exactly is the folder? I have looked in the Google Sketchup folder and all other folders, but cannot find a SelfPaceTutorials directory. I am using the free version of Sketchup 6.

        Kind regards,
        Bob

        1 Reply Last reply
        Reply Quote 0
        • W
          watkins
          last edited by

          Dear Brad,

          Belay that request as I have just found the directory. Thanks for the tip.

          Regards,
          Bob

          1 Reply Last reply
          Reply Quote 0
          • S
            SchreiberBike
            last edited by

            Isn't that clever.

            Here's the directory on my PC:

            C:\Program Files\Google\Google SketchUp 6\Tools\HelpContent_en\SelfPacedTutorials\

            1 Reply Last reply
            Reply Quote 0
            • D
              dylan
              last edited by

              Is this working for everyone else?
              If I drop a skp in the Self Paced Tutorials folder, I cannot see it from the help menu.

              http://dmdarchitecture.co.uk/

              1 Reply Last reply
              Reply Quote 0
              • GaieusG
                Gaieus
                last edited by

                Do you restart SU? (I haven't tried it yet...)

                Gai...

                1 Reply Last reply
                Reply Quote 0
                • D
                  dylan
                  last edited by

                  @gaieus said:

                  Do you restart SU? (I haven't tried it yet...)

                  Yes I restart.

                  The tuts are sat in the same folder as the Introduction skp which show up on the menu.

                  http://dmdarchitecture.co.uk/

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Reply Quote 0
                  • GaieusG
                    Gaieus
                    last edited by

                    Are you using thispath:
                    C:\Program Files\Google\Google SketchUp 6\Resources\en-US\selfpacedtutorials
                    or maybe you just copied things from SU5 when upgrading and maybe it was located somewhere else? πŸ˜’

                    Gai...

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Reply Quote 0
                    • B
                      bellwells
                      last edited by

                      I'm having the same problem as Dylan. I've placed the file into the right folder (with the intro.skp file) and restarted SU but, alas, no love.

                      Ron

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Reply Quote 0
                      • GaieusG
                        Gaieus
                        last edited by

                        Hm. I tried and it shows up as a menu item.

                        Gai...

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Reply Quote 0
                        • philemP
                          philem
                          last edited by

                          I went to the tutorial, right clicked and save link as (Firefox) and put it in the same folder that SchreiberBike mantioned, started SU went to Help - SelfHelpTutorials and it was in there.

                          A great tip.....

                          Just do it, it might be fun.

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          Reply Quote 0

                          Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                          Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                          With your input, this post could be even better πŸ’—

                          Register Login
                          • 1 / 1
                          • First post
                            Last post
                          Buy SketchPlus
                          Buy SUbD
                          Buy WrapR
                          Buy eBook
                          Buy Modelur
                          Buy Vertex Tools
                          Buy SketchCuisine
                          Buy FormFonts

                          Advertisement