sketchucation logo sketchucation
    • Login
    Oops, your profile's looking a bit empty! To help us tailor your experience, please fill in key details like your SketchUp version, skill level, operating system, and more. Update and save your info on your profile page today!
    ⚠️ Update | Sketchucation Tools 5.0.8 released with licensing improvements and bugfixes Download

    A Welcome Message to New SketchUcation Members

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Newbie Forum
    sketchup
    1.4k Posts 667 Posters 1.2m Views 667 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • GaieusG
      Gaieus
      last edited by

      Hi Mark (and welcome)

      It's a "Style" setting. Go to Window > Styles and in the dialog In model (the little house icon), select the style you are using (by default there's just one style) > Edit tab > Edge settings.

      Now when you are here, turn off extensions and endpoints (I generally turn these off as well as profiles).

      If you wish, you can save this file as a template (File menu) and from Window (Sketchup on Mac) > Preferences > Templates use your custom template with these (and in fact any other kind of) settings.

      Gai...

      1 Reply Last reply
      Reply Quote 0
      • M
        mwenvironments
        last edited by

        @gaieus said:

        Hi Mark (and welcome)

        It's a "Style" setting. Go to Window > Styles and in the dialog In model (the little house icon), select the style you are using (by default there's just one style) > Edit tab > Edge settings.

        Now when you are here, turn off extensions and endpoints (I generally turn these off as well as profiles).

        If you wish, you can save this file as a template (File menu) and from Window (Sketchup on Mac) > Preferences > Templates use your custom template with these (and in fact any other kind of) settings.

        Thank you very much Gaieus! I knew there must be someplace to do this.

        Regards,

        M.

        1 Reply Last reply
        Reply Quote 0
        • M
          Magnus
          last edited by

          Hello fellow SUsers. I'm new to these boards, but have been using SketchUp for several months now. I look forward to absorbing all your knowledges. πŸ€“

          1 Reply Last reply
          Reply Quote 0
          • GaieusG
            Gaieus
            last edited by

            Hi Magnus and welcome aboard! πŸ‘

            Gai...

            1 Reply Last reply
            Reply Quote 0
            • T
              tiriki
              last edited by

              Hi everyone!
              I start reading this forum a couple of weeks ago and I'm finding it so interesting!
              I'm using sketchup since september and last week I bought Sketchup 7 pro... I like it soo much and I'm trying to do also some renderings whit Podium.

              Sorry for my english... I'm italian πŸ˜‰

              1 Reply Last reply
              Reply Quote 0
              • R
                remus
                last edited by

                Hello tiriki πŸ‘ I dont suppose you fancy posting some of your renders in the gallery? i'm a sucker for a good render πŸ˜›

                http://remusrendering.wordpress.com/

                1 Reply Last reply
                Reply Quote 0
                • T
                  tiriki
                  last edited by

                  @remus said:

                  Hello tiriki πŸ‘ I dont suppose you fancy posting some of your renders in the gallery? i'm a sucker for a good render πŸ˜›

                  Ok remus... I'll post my renders πŸ˜‰

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Reply Quote 0
                  • R
                    remus
                    last edited by

                    Yay πŸ˜„

                    http://remusrendering.wordpress.com/

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Reply Quote 0
                    • T
                      tiriki
                      last edited by

                      I saw your blog and your renders are beautiful! πŸ‘
                      I'm still at the beginnin... πŸ˜‰

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Reply Quote 0
                      • G
                        GregT
                        last edited by

                        Hi, My name is Greg

                        I am new to SketchUcation, but have been using SketchUp for several months (great program!)

                        Anyway, I found y'all from a link to the FreeScale plugin, which I definitely want to downlaod and try. However, when I go to that discussion thread, it tells me I am unauthorized to download. So, how do I get there so that I can download?

                        Thanks in advance.
                        Greg.

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Reply Quote 0
                        • R
                          remus
                          last edited by

                          Thats strange. Were you logged in when you tried to download it?

                          and welcome to SCF πŸ˜„

                          http://remusrendering.wordpress.com/

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          Reply Quote 0
                          • G
                            GregT
                            last edited by

                            @remus said:

                            Thats strange. Were you logged in when you tried to download it?

                            and welcome to SCF πŸ˜„

                            • Yes I was logged in, and I too found it strange. Can you give me a link to the download for this plugin?
                            1 Reply Last reply
                            Reply Quote 0
                            • mitcorbM
                              mitcorb
                              last edited by

                              If you will contact gaieus<at>sketchucation<dot>com, he may be able to help with this matter. It is his job.

                              Edit: oops, sorry remus. I did not see that you have rank here. Just trying to help.

                              I take the slow, deliberate approach in my aimless wandering.

                              1 Reply Last reply
                              Reply Quote 0
                              • R
                                remus
                                last edited by

                                have rank, i like it πŸ˜› Gai is the man to talk to about permissions problems, though. He's the one who deals with the back end stuff.

                                http://remusrendering.wordpress.com/

                                1 Reply Last reply
                                Reply Quote 0
                                • GaieusG
                                  Gaieus
                                  last edited by

                                  Hi Greg and welcome. "Theoretically" speaking, if you are signed in - and able to post here, in this("Newbie") forum -, you should also be able to see (and download) every attachment in other forums as well so it is indeed strange.

                                  Can you confirm that you are still unable to see the attachments in the Ruby forum (where free scale was posted)?

                                  Gai...

                                  1 Reply Last reply
                                  Reply Quote 0
                                  • mitcorbM
                                    mitcorb
                                    last edited by

                                    Yo, remus:
                                    I hope the phrase "have rank" isn't one of those cross-cultural difficulties.
                                    I didn't want to invoke the term "seniority" and create all kinds of other semantic problems.
                                    best regards, mitcorb

                                    I take the slow, deliberate approach in my aimless wandering.

                                    1 Reply Last reply
                                    Reply Quote 0
                                    • GaieusG
                                      Gaieus
                                      last edited by

                                      It's actually the 'Forum Software' (phpBB) that calls it "rank". I also hate the expression but this is similar to other cases - one gets lazy and instead of finding out better ones,uses the "default" expression.

                                      The same with "users" here. It would be better to "call" them members but the software uses the term "user".

                                      Gai...

                                      1 Reply Last reply
                                      Reply Quote 0
                                      • T
                                        Tekkybot
                                        last edited by

                                        @dang said:

                                        I am a new user and would like to know how to create a new material fill.

                                        DanG

                                        what you do is, draw a 3d box, (or whatever you want to draw, then at the top you will see something called the 'paint bucket' you cant miss it, it right next to the tape measure tool, and its spilling yellow paint. click on that, a materials box will pop up, click on any color, then use paint bucket tool to paint face πŸ˜„

                                        wtf may 2 2008 🀣

                                        1 Reply Last reply
                                        Reply Quote 0
                                        • R
                                          remus
                                          last edited by

                                          I wonder if he'll reply? πŸ˜›

                                          http://remusrendering.wordpress.com/

                                          1 Reply Last reply
                                          Reply Quote 0
                                          • T
                                            thelt
                                            last edited by

                                            Hi all, I'm Frank and am learning SketchUp. I use it to design woodworking projects that I want to build. I've design about four pieces so far and struggled through them. Looking to learn shortcuts and tips on the use of SU.

                                            If you must choose between two evils, pick the one you've never tried before.

                                            1 Reply Last reply
                                            Reply Quote 0

                                            Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                            Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                            With your input, this post could be even better πŸ’—

                                            Register Login
                                            • 1
                                            • 2
                                            • 14
                                            • 15
                                            • 16
                                            • 17
                                            • 18
                                            • 72
                                            • 73
                                            • 16 / 73
                                            • First post
                                              Last post
                                            Buy SketchPlus
                                            Buy SUbD
                                            Buy WrapR
                                            Buy eBook
                                            Buy Modelur
                                            Buy Vertex Tools
                                            Buy SketchCuisine
                                            Buy FormFonts

                                            Advertisement