sketchucation logo sketchucation
    • Login
    Oops, your profile's looking a bit empty! To help us tailor your experience, please fill in key details like your SketchUp version, skill level, operating system, and more. Update and save your info on your profile page today!
    ⚠️ Update | Sketchucation Tools 5.0.8 released with licensing improvements and bugfixes Download

    Lakeside modern house: Updated

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Gallery
    11 Posts 3 Posters 3.3k Views 3 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • Bryan KB
      Bryan K
      last edited by Bryan K

      2 days fiddling with this and I still don't like it. It's not bad, but it's not good enough for me. I think I've reached the limits of my laptop and will never get any better.

      Posting it anyway. Because it's not bad. πŸ˜†

      Model (house, lake and shoreline) from the 3D Warehouse and heavily modified.


      balance5.jpg

      See my portfolio at https://delphiscousin.blogspot.com/

      1 Reply Last reply
      Reply Quote 0
      • pbacotP
        pbacot
        last edited by

        Looking good.

        Nice trees. How'd you do those?

        That's almost more "in" the lake than beside it!

        If I may suggest, some advantage might come from toning down the whites, and playing with the textures of the house some. Also reducing sharp corners. I think I get the idea of the white cornice but nothing is that sharp, and I wonder what the material is. Could it be a solid piece of shiny white plastic? I don't think that's what it is.

        MacOSX MojaveSketchUp Pro v19 Twilight v2 Thea v3 PowerCADD

        1 Reply Last reply
        Reply Quote 0
        • Bryan KB
          Bryan K
          last edited by

          Thanks pbacot.

          The trees are 2d trees. Bump and color heavily modified.

          The house is not mine (3D Warehouse) and yes it needs some tweaking. The entire model came with the lake, shoreline and 3D trees (which I had to replace with 2D trees) and boulders and I spent several hours cleaning it tweaking it and then many, many hours just trying to get the render to look good, so I forgot all about doing anything with the house itself. πŸ˜„

          I actually knocked the saturation down by 50% on the render and had to use both sun and environment lighting.

          So yes, it could some more TLC, but that's it for now. πŸ˜„

          See my portfolio at https://delphiscousin.blogspot.com/

          1 Reply Last reply
          Reply Quote 0
          • Bryan KB
            Bryan K
            last edited by

            Updated. Changed and fixed many, many things.


            balance5b.jpg

            See my portfolio at https://delphiscousin.blogspot.com/

            1 Reply Last reply
            Reply Quote 0
            • majidM
              majid
              last edited by

              Nicely done and amazing result. The only things I may comment on are much free visual space on the right-side of the image and sun and trees light mismatching. πŸ‘ πŸ‘ πŸ‘

              My inspiring A, B, Sketches book: https://sketchucation.com/shop/books/intermediate/2612-alphabet-inspired-sketches--inspiring-drills-for-architects--3d-artists-and-designers-

              1 Reply Last reply
              Reply Quote 0
              • pbacotP
                pbacot
                last edited by

                Nice! I like the wood wall on the right.

                Majid's idea is great. It would be more dramatic without so much on the right.

                MacOSX MojaveSketchUp Pro v19 Twilight v2 Thea v3 PowerCADD

                1 Reply Last reply
                Reply Quote 0
                • Bryan KB
                  Bryan K
                  last edited by

                  Thanks majid.

                  Yeah, the trees are problematic. I could not tell which way to position to the sun. More to the right maybe?

                  As for composition, I could only push the subject so far to right. I may be able to squeeze it little more. The shoreline is only so long in the model. However, I like a little asymmetry, so I will almost never exactly center a subject.

                  See my portfolio at https://delphiscousin.blogspot.com/

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Reply Quote 0
                  • Bryan KB
                    Bryan K
                    last edited by

                    Thanks pbacot.

                    I'll try moving it little more to the right, but I also like a little asymmetry in my compositions, so I will almost never exactly center a subject.

                    See my portfolio at https://delphiscousin.blogspot.com/

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Reply Quote 0
                    • pbacotP
                      pbacot
                      last edited by

                      @bryan k said:

                      Thanks majid.

                      Yeah, the trees are problematic. I could not tell which way to position to the sun. More to the right maybe?

                      As for composition, I could only push the subject so far to right. I may be able to squeeze it little more. The shoreline is only so long in the model. However, I like a little asymmetry, so I will almost never exactly center a subject.

                      Whatever you think best, but as an explanation: I don't think it would seem centered. Following more or less the rule of thirds, with a focus on the most prominent corner, the steps and the person...Seems balanced to me.


                      balance5b.jpg

                      MacOSX MojaveSketchUp Pro v19 Twilight v2 Thea v3 PowerCADD

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Reply Quote 0
                      • Bryan KB
                        Bryan K
                        last edited by

                        I hope I got the sun angle right this time. πŸ˜†


                        balance5c.jpg

                        See my portfolio at https://delphiscousin.blogspot.com/

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Reply Quote 0
                        • Bryan KB
                          Bryan K
                          last edited by

                          Final update here: https://sketchucation.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=81&t=74443

                          See my portfolio at https://delphiscousin.blogspot.com/

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          Reply Quote 0

                          Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                          Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                          With your input, this post could be even better πŸ’—

                          Register Login
                          • 1 / 1
                          • First post
                            Last post
                          Buy SketchPlus
                          Buy SUbD
                          Buy WrapR
                          Buy eBook
                          Buy Modelur
                          Buy Vertex Tools
                          Buy SketchCuisine
                          Buy FormFonts

                          Advertisement