sketchucation logo sketchucation
    • Login
    Oops, your profile's looking a bit empty! To help us tailor your experience, please fill in key details like your SketchUp version, skill level, operating system, and more. Update and save your info on your profile page today!
    ⚠️ Update | Sketchucation Tools 5.0.8 released with licensing improvements and bugfixes Download

    SCBWI monthly DRAW THIS contest

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Gallery
    24 Posts 3 Posters 4.5k Views 3 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • T
      tallbridgeguy
      last edited by

      Hi Bryan, the books are okay. No big sales yet, I think my style is soooo different from the soft focus illustrations typically found in children's books. It is really tough to break into the market.

      Here is a rough copy of my latest book. It might be the last one for a while until I figure out how to market my stuff.

      Pirate Spiders of Lars (best viewed full screen)

      404 Not Found

      favicon

      (www.bridgerobots.com)

      Oh well maybe back to watercolor. Thanks for asking!


      rooster.jpg

      Nielsen
      http://www.tallbridgeguy.com/

      1 Reply Last reply
      Reply Quote 0
      • Bryan KB
        Bryan K
        last edited by

        I like your watercolors.

        Hang in there with the books. You may just be ahead of your time. I think they are perfect for children books.

        See my portfolio at https://delphiscousin.blogspot.com/

        1 Reply Last reply
        Reply Quote 0
        • T
          tallbridgeguy
          last edited by

          Thanks Bryan, I will keep working it.

          Here is a coffee break watercolor. Made the rough idea in sketchup, painted a vanilla version of it.

          "Cow in Sunshine"


          image.jpeg


          image.jpeg


          wc kerk 1.jpg

          Nielsen
          http://www.tallbridgeguy.com/

          1 Reply Last reply
          Reply Quote 0
          • T
            tallbridgeguy
            last edited by

            The word for September is "Swift". I made this.


            image.jpeg

            Nielsen
            http://www.tallbridgeguy.com/

            1 Reply Last reply
            Reply Quote 0
            • Mike AmosM
              Mike Amos
              last edited by

              I'm sorry if this is going across as if I know it all but Sara, my ex, is a speach and language therapist and she uses games and children's books as a way of encouraging children with language (speech or cognition) and learning problems. I think you could slightly change your focus and do something good while getting a reasonable return. With your permission I would like to pass on your email so you can talk direct and get pointers direct from the horses mouth. Is that OK? NOT time to give up and I believe in your idea. I hope something can be worked out.

              Absentia mortis praesentiam vitae probat, vita autem est argumentum constantiae.

              1 Reply Last reply
              Reply Quote 0
              • Mike AmosM
                Mike Amos
                last edited by

                Just a quick point, your link above is not working, Sara would be better placed if she could see what you have so far. Never mind, I found them.

                Absentia mortis praesentiam vitae probat, vita autem est argumentum constantiae.

                1 Reply Last reply
                Reply Quote 0
                • T
                  tallbridgeguy
                  last edited by

                  Sure, Thanks Mike!

                  Nielsen
                  http://www.tallbridgeguy.com/

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Reply Quote 0
                  • T
                    tallbridgeguy
                    last edited by

                    So I put all my Bridge Building robot books on

                    http://www.bridgerobots.com (all Free downloads)

                    If you have comments I would like to hear them. Like I said, I think further books are on hold until I can figure out what to do next....

                    The word for the next "DrawThis" contest is "swift". I may enter a watercolor instead of a sketchup image?

                    Thanks!

                    S

                    Quick pig sketch


                    pig2.jpg

                    Nielsen
                    http://www.tallbridgeguy.com/

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Reply Quote 0
                    • T
                      tallbridgeguy
                      last edited by

                      So this one for the contest word "Swift" or my previous Trailer Swift?

                      "Painted" on a five year old ipad 2. I am thinking about buying an Ipad Pro...

                      Sorry to be a posting bother...

                      Stuart


                      Swift_Stuart_Nielsen.JPG

                      Nielsen
                      http://www.tallbridgeguy.com/

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Reply Quote 0
                      • T
                        tallbridgeguy
                        last edited by

                        The contest for September has been posted. I did use sketchup in my entry in the post above. So this is sketchup related, maybe, sorta

                        http://drawthisswift.blogspot.com/

                        I would be interested to hear who you thought won this time?

                        These are the winners, what do you think? (Am I a sore loser for wondering how they pick the winners.)

                        Kristen Adam , Carrie O'Neill

                        https://4.bp.blogspot.com/-2pC5JIJrBF8/V9silvoY48I/AAAAAAAAGhU/OaSQw4qNNiQ9VkYeYhsZtH5kvLFZhN2rgCEw/s640/Swift_Kristen_Adam.jpg

                        https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-27HeTXSgEY8/V-GJsJ1ifPI/AAAAAAAAGlc/z6gSBOoRpTcm3nEgwa5nz_QbdsFcYFUKwCEw/s640/Swift_Carrie_ONeill.jpg

                        s

                        Nielsen
                        http://www.tallbridgeguy.com/

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Reply Quote 0
                        • T
                          tallbridgeguy
                          last edited by

                          The word for October was "Fright"

                          Here is the website for the contest.
                          http://drawthisfright.blogspot.com/

                          I think this will be my last contest, I just don't understand how they judge the winners.

                          These are the winners. (My entry was a robot of course. )


                          IMG_3229.PNG

                          Nielsen
                          http://www.tallbridgeguy.com/

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          Reply Quote 0

                          Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                          Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                          With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                          Register Login
                          • 1
                          • 2
                          • 2 / 2
                          • First post
                            Last post
                          Buy SketchPlus
                          Buy SUbD
                          Buy WrapR
                          Buy eBook
                          Buy Modelur
                          Buy Vertex Tools
                          Buy SketchCuisine
                          Buy FormFonts

                          Advertisement