sketchucation logo sketchucation
    • Login
    Oops, your profile's looking a bit empty! To help us tailor your experience, please fill in key details like your SketchUp version, skill level, operating system, and more. Update and save your info on your profile page today!
    ⚠️ Update | Sketchucation Tools 5.0.8 released with licensing improvements and bugfixes Download

    New York City Appartement

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Gallery
    33 Posts 7 Posters 11.2k Views 7 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • ntxdaveN
      ntxdave
      last edited by

      Really nice - I cannot even imagine how to get started with something like this. I really enjoy being able to see the NY skyline in the background.

      Would be great if you could teach some of us inexperienced users how to do stuff like this. Of course we would not be able to achieve the quality but being able to understand the full process is valuable.

      Press F1...thank me later

      1 Reply Last reply
      Reply Quote 0
      • jo-keJ
        jo-ke
        last edited by

        @ntxdave: No problem. Just ask me, what you want to know. This wasn't to difficult. Just two evenings work. I think the outside Panorama makes the right athmosphere

        http://www.zz7.de

        1 Reply Last reply
        Reply Quote 0
        • ntxdaveN
          ntxdave
          last edited by

          Yes, the panaroma is the thickest part. IMO

          Press F1...thank me later

          1 Reply Last reply
          Reply Quote 0
          • jo-keJ
            jo-ke
            last edited by

            fortunately I had 4 pictures of the skyline north, east, south, west. so I was able to stich them together in Photoshop to an equirectangular panorama. This one makes the nice athmosphere in that scene.

            I like to render with a panoramic background. So I don't have to worry about the outside and the horizontal line always fits.

            http://www.zz7.de

            1 Reply Last reply
            Reply Quote 0
            • jo-keJ
              jo-ke
              last edited by

              this night I rendered a quick video. Due to time, not in the best quality:

              http://www.zz7.de

              1 Reply Last reply
              Reply Quote 0
              • pbacotP
                pbacot
                last edited by

                Love the video. Nice flow to it! Sushi for one.

                MacOSX MojaveSketchUp Pro v19 Twilight v2 Thea v3 PowerCADD

                1 Reply Last reply
                Reply Quote 0
                • jo-keJ
                  jo-ke
                  last edited by

                  some more rooms but new video will take a long time....


                  newyork-render026ppkl.jpg


                  newyork-render027pp.jpg

                  http://www.zz7.de

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Reply Quote 0
                  • jo-keJ
                    jo-ke
                    last edited by

                    and a floorplan


                    newyork-render029pp.jpg

                    http://www.zz7.de

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Reply Quote 0
                    • F
                      faust07
                      last edited by

                      Great work, detailed modelling, mood lighting and Twilight bakes it ... The model could be a little bit longer in the oven. But for the delivery it will certainly rendered rather delicate...

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Reply Quote 0
                      • jo-keJ
                        jo-ke
                        last edited by

                        Yes, I am rendering a new version for the video. I am not happy with the quality. Two computers are continuasly rendering for 5 days now and still not finished

                        http://www.zz7.de

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Reply Quote 0
                        • F
                          faust07
                          last edited by

                          I know that. To render a SketchyPhysics simulation of an urban model in Twilight with Preview Object Animation can easily take 2 weeks ...

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          Reply Quote 0
                          • jo-keJ
                            jo-ke
                            last edited by

                            now I am modelling the second flor.

                            First Render, the TV Room.


                            newyork-render032ppkl.jpg


                            newyork-render033ppkl.jpg


                            newyork-render024-1ppkl.jpg

                            http://www.zz7.de

                            1 Reply Last reply
                            Reply Quote 0
                            • jo-keJ
                              jo-ke
                              last edited by

                              this time I am trying the new youtube pano mode. But I am not happy with the quality.

                              Moviemaker is not able to produce a video more than 1920/1080

                              http://www.zz7.de

                              1 Reply Last reply
                              Reply Quote 0
                              • F
                                faust07
                                last edited by

                                Try VirtualDub 1.10.4 and X264vfw for compression - I am very satisfied with it. The processing of single-frame animation is very pleasant too.

                                1 Reply Last reply
                                Reply Quote 0
                                • jo-keJ
                                  jo-ke
                                  last edited by

                                  that is a good idea. Can you recomend any tutorial how to make a movie with a single picture. I'va had a look to the programm but I couldn't find the right menu

                                  http://www.zz7.de

                                  1 Reply Last reply
                                  Reply Quote 0
                                  • F
                                    faust07
                                    last edited by

                                    Move the single frame to an empty folder. Open the frame in VirtualDub. Menu - Edit - Copy - Paste - as much as you need. Menu - Video - Frame Rate - Change to 1 fps. Menu - File - Export as AVI ...

                                    1 Reply Last reply
                                    Reply Quote 0
                                    • jo-keJ
                                      jo-ke
                                      last edited by

                                      guestroom


                                      newyork-render036ppkl.jpg


                                      newyork-render037ppkl.jpg


                                      newyork-render038ppkl.jpg

                                      http://www.zz7.de

                                      1 Reply Last reply
                                      Reply Quote 0
                                      • jo-keJ
                                        jo-ke
                                        last edited by

                                        and a pano of the guestroom:

                                        http://www.zz7.de

                                        1 Reply Last reply
                                        Reply Quote 0
                                        • jo-keJ
                                          jo-ke
                                          last edited by

                                          the masterbedroom


                                          newyork-render046pp16.jpg


                                          newyork-render047pp16.jpg

                                          http://www.zz7.de

                                          1 Reply Last reply
                                          Reply Quote 0
                                          • Mike AmosM
                                            Mike Amos
                                            last edited by

                                            You need a sign saying "Mind the first step. it's a doosie".

                                            Absentia mortis praesentiam vitae probat, vita autem est argumentum constantiae.

                                            1 Reply Last reply
                                            Reply Quote 0

                                            Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                            Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                            With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                                            Register Login
                                            • 1
                                            • 2
                                            • 1 / 2
                                            • First post
                                              Last post
                                            Buy SketchPlus
                                            Buy SUbD
                                            Buy WrapR
                                            Buy eBook
                                            Buy Modelur
                                            Buy Vertex Tools
                                            Buy SketchCuisine
                                            Buy FormFonts

                                            Advertisement