sketchucation logo sketchucation
    • Login
    Oops, your profile's looking a bit empty! To help us tailor your experience, please fill in key details like your SketchUp version, skill level, operating system, and more. Update and save your info on your profile page today!
    ⚠️ Update | Sketchucation Tools 5.0.8 released with licensing improvements and bugfixes Download

    The force awakens Tie fighter

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Gallery
    16 Posts 12 Posters 2.4k Views 12 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • soloS
      solo
      last edited by

      @liam887 said:

      Very nice, is there any detailing on the white panels? I have not found many great references yet! I am hoping to start the new xwing before the film comes out.

      Check this out for some cool details of the old version (bottom of thread): http://www.modelermagic.com/?p=71902

      Very cool link, I'd love to make a real model. That was the 2nd gen Tie, I modeled one a few years ago.

      I have found no detail on the white panels, one site had slats and another had hexagons, I'm somewhere between. May be future solar panels I dunno.

      http://www.solos-art.com

      If you see a toilet in your dreams do not use it.

      1 Reply Last reply
      Reply Quote 0
      • L
        liam887
        last edited by

        @solo said:

        @liam887 said:

        Very nice, is there any detailing on the white panels? I have not found many great references yet! I am hoping to start the new xwing before the film comes out.

        Check this out for some cool details of the old version (bottom of thread): http://www.modelermagic.com/?p=71902

        Very cool link, I'd love to make a real model. That was the 2nd gen Tie, I modeled one a few years ago.

        I have found no detail on the white panels, one site had slats and another had hexagons, I'm somewhere between. May be future solar panels I dunno.

        I always thought that they would restrict the view of the pilot a lot, they must have some future crazy helmet that can link with cameras on the outside of the panels.

        One day hopefully I live somewhere with space to build anything, don't fancy getting any tools on my tiny balcony!

        VISIT MY ONLINE GALLERY
        http://www.robotsvdinosaurs.com/

        1 Reply Last reply
        Reply Quote 0
        • ntxdaveN
          ntxdave
          last edited by

          @Sole - IMHO this is an excellent model. I wish I could to things like this but you have seen some of my work 😳 and you know I cannot even come close.

          πŸ‘ πŸ‘ πŸ‘ πŸ‘ πŸ‘

          Press F1...thank me later

          1 Reply Last reply
          Reply Quote 0
          • zdesaynZ
            zdesayn
            last edited by

            wow very nice detailed parts πŸ˜„

            http://zdesignviz.blogspot.com/

            1 Reply Last reply
            Reply Quote 0
            • DanielD
              Daniel
              last edited by

              Fricken awesome work, Solo!

              Liam, I don't think the wings restrict the view so much as the cockpit window.
              tie fighter.jpg

              My avatar is an anachronism.

              1 Reply Last reply
              Reply Quote 0
              • jo-keJ
                jo-ke
                last edited by

                Cool model. I love it

                http://www.zz7.de

                1 Reply Last reply
                Reply Quote 0
                • marked001M
                  marked001
                  last edited by

                  wow pete. very impressed.

                  http://www.revision21vis.com

                  instagram: revi21on

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Reply Quote 0
                  • Bryan KB
                    Bryan K
                    last edited by

                    Ah come on man! Just, dang! πŸ˜†

                    (thanks, got another bruise on my chin. I really should carpet the floor)

                    See my portfolio at https://delphiscousin.blogspot.com/

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Reply Quote 0
                    • ken28875K
                      ken28875
                      last edited by

                      Very nice model, Pete! πŸ‘ πŸ‘

                      Have a wonderful week,

                      _KN

                      Follow Your Dreams.

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Reply Quote 0
                      • boofredlayB
                        boofredlay
                        last edited by

                        Respect!

                        http://www.coroflot.com/boofredlay

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Reply Quote 0

                        Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                        Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                        With your input, this post could be even better πŸ’—

                        Register Login
                        • 1 / 1
                        • First post
                          Last post
                        Buy SketchPlus
                        Buy SUbD
                        Buy WrapR
                        Buy eBook
                        Buy Modelur
                        Buy Vertex Tools
                        Buy SketchCuisine
                        Buy FormFonts

                        Advertisement