sketchucation logo sketchucation
    • Login
    Oops, your profile's looking a bit empty! To help us tailor your experience, please fill in key details like your SketchUp version, skill level, operating system, and more. Update and save your info on your profile page today!
    ⚠️ Update | Sketchucation Tools 5.0.8 released with licensing improvements and bugfixes Download

    Mustang Mach 1 1971

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Gallery
    16 Posts 7 Posters 1.3k Views 7 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • cheddaC
      chedda
      last edited by

      Mustang Mach 1 1971 Sketchup & Maxwell Render


      Mustang Test.jpg

      Kraken Wrangler https://www.flickr.com/photos/132441293@N03/

      1 Reply Last reply
      Reply Quote 0
      • tademaT
        tadema
        last edited by

        Nice one Simon πŸ‘ great looking car although the overall image looks a little dull (dark), maybe my daft monitor though.

        John

        1 Reply Last reply
        Reply Quote 0
        • cheddaC
          chedda
          last edited by

          Yes it needs some highlights, i will add some car lights πŸ˜‰ I think some of the detail is lost in compression here as well.

          Kraken Wrangler https://www.flickr.com/photos/132441293@N03/

          1 Reply Last reply
          Reply Quote 0
          • JQLJ
            JQL
            last edited by

            It looks great as usual! It might be a bit dark yes but I think if the light could focus more in the car, darkness would work out well. (You also seem to have an inverted heigth map on the wall...)

            www.casca.pt
            Visit us on facebook!

            1 Reply Last reply
            Reply Quote 0
            • DanielD
              Daniel
              last edited by

              I almost mistook it for a photograph.

              My avatar is an anachronism.

              1 Reply Last reply
              Reply Quote 0
              • jujuJ
                juju
                last edited by

                @chedda said:

                Mustang Mach 1 1971 Sketchup & Maxwell Render

                have a look here and try the renderer...

                http://www.indigorenderer.com/image-galleries/vehicles

                Save the Earth, it's the only planet with chocolate.

                1 Reply Last reply
                Reply Quote 0
                • cheddaC
                  chedda
                  last edited by

                  http://www.maxwellrender.com/index.php/gallery/images/2/1/584

                  http://www.maxwellrender.com/index.php/gallery/images/2/2/448

                  πŸ˜‰

                  Kraken Wrangler https://www.flickr.com/photos/132441293@N03/

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Reply Quote 0
                  • JQLJ
                    JQL
                    last edited by

                    Bah Simon, that triumph is uncanny... not fair!

                    www.casca.pt
                    Visit us on facebook!

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Reply Quote 0
                    • hellnbakH
                      hellnbak
                      last edited by

                      Nice, but one thing I always like to know - which parts did you model and which are from the Warehouse or some other source?

                      "Politicians are just like diapers -- they need to be changed often, and for the same reason"

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Reply Quote 0
                      • Mike AmosM
                        Mike Amos
                        last edited by

                        Another fine result, I would still go for a European type sports car but your render shows the Mustang in the best possible light. Pun intended.

                        Absentia mortis praesentiam vitae probat, vita autem est argumentum constantiae.

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Reply Quote 0
                        • cheddaC
                          chedda
                          last edited by

                          This is an updated version of the image with a few more highlights and some more "pop". I ordered this car from Humster 3D they even modified it to suit the exact model i needed. The car is part of a much bigger project I'm working on. Here are some clues:

                          Regarding the scene the back wall and floor textures are from cgtextures. The bins and fire escape are from the warehouse. I used the ivy maker plugin for the ivy and the other plants (can you identify them ?) are from an artist on deviant art.

                          I made the casino sign component using an image from a google search.I traced the sign & letters and then used the pipe along path plugin to create the tubes. This component i then used behind the camera x 3 along with a vegas image converted to HDR for the reflections. The grass in the cracks i made by roughly tracing the image and then using component spray to distribute the grass proxies along the lines and intersections.

                          I used the Kodak Gold 200 film response inside Maxwell render no post work.

                          I think the image now has a bit more life Tadema ? πŸ˜‰


                          Mustang Test.jpg

                          Kraken Wrangler https://www.flickr.com/photos/132441293@N03/

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          Reply Quote 0
                          • JQLJ
                            JQL
                            last edited by

                            Yes it has more life but the focus got away from the car a bit. It's still great but I think the first was even better.

                            The light coming from the car is cool, but do you think some light that would be focused the car more would ruin it?

                            www.casca.pt
                            Visit us on facebook!

                            1 Reply Last reply
                            Reply Quote 0
                            • cheddaC
                              chedda
                              last edited by

                              I wouldn't like any theatrical lighting to be honest plus any sources would show in reflections. I'm happy enough for now.

                              Kraken Wrangler https://www.flickr.com/photos/132441293@N03/

                              1 Reply Last reply
                              Reply Quote 0
                              • JQLJ
                                JQL
                                last edited by

                                @chedda said:

                                I wouldn't like any theatrical lighting to be honest plus any sources would show in reflections. I'm happy enough for now.

                                I understand and I like your position!

                                www.casca.pt
                                Visit us on facebook!

                                1 Reply Last reply
                                Reply Quote 0
                                • tademaT
                                  tadema
                                  last edited by

                                  Phew for a second I thought you had landed the part as the next Bond πŸ˜† James Bond !

                                  Looks great and has a lot of atmosphere πŸ‘ .

                                  The problem with rendering older cars is people expect the paint to be as now which wasn't the case, modern cars are lacquered with a high gloss finish (sometimes with a metallic flake finish). It's very easy to make (flat) gloss paint look like plastic if you overdo the reflection and I think you've cracked it here.

                                  John

                                  1 Reply Last reply
                                  Reply Quote 0
                                  • cheddaC
                                    chedda
                                    last edited by

                                    Yes i agree car paint is a bit of a black art. Maxwell has a car paint procedural which allows tuning of metallic and gloss. However the base colour you select often shifts wildly under render because of the technical manner of the material.

                                    Kraken Wrangler https://www.flickr.com/photos/132441293@N03/

                                    1 Reply Last reply
                                    Reply Quote 0

                                    Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                    Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                    With your input, this post could be even better πŸ’—

                                    Register Login
                                    • 1 / 1
                                    • First post
                                      Last post
                                    Buy SketchPlus
                                    Buy SUbD
                                    Buy WrapR
                                    Buy eBook
                                    Buy Modelur
                                    Buy Vertex Tools
                                    Buy SketchCuisine
                                    Buy FormFonts

                                    Advertisement