sketchucation logo sketchucation
    • Login
    Oops, your profile's looking a bit empty! To help us tailor your experience, please fill in key details like your SketchUp version, skill level, operating system, and more. Update and save your info on your profile page today!
    ⚠️ Update | Sketchucation Tools 5.0.8 released with licensing improvements and bugfixes Download

    Garden bench

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Woodworking
    9 Posts 5 Posters 2.1k Views 5 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • D
      davidheim1
      last edited by

      garden bench.jpg
      I spent some time in the yard, pulling weeds, this afternoon. Most likely, that inspired me to model this garden bench. If I ever were to build one for real (don't hold your breath), I would make it from teak. The back slats have a gentle curve, for comfort. All the parts are connected with mortise-and-tenon joinery.
      Best,
      dh

      1 Reply Last reply
      Reply Quote 0
      • HornOxxH
        HornOxx
        last edited by

        ... when I think of a garden bench - it has to be exactly like yours !

        • and when you have built it, tell me where I can buy one 😎

        never trust a skinny cook

        1 Reply Last reply
        Reply Quote 0
        • D
          davidheim1
          last edited by

          Thank you for the good words, HornOxx. No telling when or if I'll ever build one. So far this year, all I've made in my shop is a mess.
          Best,
          dh

          1 Reply Last reply
          Reply Quote 0
          • cottyC
            cotty
            last edited by

            Nice and clean!

            my SketchUp gallery

            1 Reply Last reply
            Reply Quote 0
            • KrisidiousK
              Krisidious
              last edited by

              nice nice nice....

              By: Kristoff Rand
              Home DesignerUnique House Plans

              1 Reply Last reply
              Reply Quote 0
              • S
                slbaumgartner
                last edited by

                Classic! Now, when I make it from teak it will only cost $2500!

                1 Reply Last reply
                Reply Quote 0
                • D
                  davidheim1
                  last edited by

                  Thanks, all. Glad you like the model. One reason I love SketchUp is that all the models are free. No need to worry about the cost of materials.
                  Best,
                  dh

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Reply Quote 0
                  • cottyC
                    cotty
                    last edited by

                    @davidheim1 said:

                    One reason I love SketchUp is that all the models are free. No need to worry about the cost of materials.

                    Endless possibilities... πŸ˜‰

                    benchgold.jpg

                    my SketchUp gallery

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Reply Quote 0
                    • D
                      davidheim1
                      last edited by

                      Cotty,
                      Did you run out of platinum?

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Reply Quote 0

                      Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                      Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                      With your input, this post could be even better πŸ’—

                      Register Login
                      • 1 / 1
                      • First post
                        Last post
                      Buy SketchPlus
                      Buy SUbD
                      Buy WrapR
                      Buy eBook
                      Buy Modelur
                      Buy Vertex Tools
                      Buy SketchCuisine
                      Buy FormFonts

                      Advertisement