sketchucation logo sketchucation
    • Login
    Oops, your profile's looking a bit empty! To help us tailor your experience, please fill in key details like your SketchUp version, skill level, operating system, and more. Update and save your info on your profile page today!
    ⚠️ Update | Sketchucation Tools 5.0.8 released with licensing improvements and bugfixes Download

    Castle Gate Scene

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Gallery
    21 Posts 17 Posters 4.3k Views 17 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • CoreMaster110C
      CoreMaster110
      last edited by

      I think it looks great. Only thing that bothers me is that small pile of dirt near the bridge.

      πŸ‘ πŸ‘ πŸ‘

      1 Reply Last reply
      Reply Quote 0
      • K
        kevsterman
        last edited by

        I love the final photoshop image. Very atmospheric and does indeed look like a painting. πŸ‘

        "Avoid keeping more than 3 items on your desk that you can't fit into your mouth."

        1 Reply Last reply
        Reply Quote 0
        • mitcorbM
          mitcorb
          last edited by

          Thanks for posting. Your final image is excellent. Very convincing as a classic painting.
          The second image with the imposed lines and the slightly different camera angle helps explain the road and bridge alignment.
          On my first glance at the third image, I misread the bright shoulder of the road as the roadbed itself where it meets the mound in the foreground. It may have to do with the fairly straight top edge of that shoulder.

          I take the slow, deliberate approach in my aimless wandering.

          1 Reply Last reply
          Reply Quote 0
          • eneroth3E
            eneroth3
            last edited by

            What filter did you apply in PS? I'd really like to do something similar with my own castle and use for paintings inside the castle itself πŸ˜„

            My website: http://julia-christina-eneroth.se/

            1 Reply Last reply
            Reply Quote 0
            • hellnbakH
              hellnbak
              last edited by

              It's moody. I like moody πŸ‘

              "Politicians are just like diapers -- they need to be changed often, and for the same reason"

              1 Reply Last reply
              Reply Quote 0
              • L
                Lz
                last edited by

                @eneroth3 said:

                What filter did you apply in PS? I'd really like to do something similar with my own castle and use for paintings inside the castle itself πŸ˜„

                Just a watercollor, nothing special. some of the details were directly painted in PS, like the trees and trails.

                from my experience I raise the image resolution before applying the filter to get a better result (on low resolution, eg: 1024x768 you get more washed out results. on higher res the details are more sharp)

                1 Reply Last reply
                Reply Quote 0
                • deaneauD
                  deaneau
                  last edited by

                  @eneroth3 said:

                  What filter did you apply in PS? I'd really like to do something similar with my own castle and use for paintings inside the castle itself πŸ˜„

                  sometimes i use this

                  404 Not Found

                  favicon

                  (www.fotosketcher.com)

                  here i have found this,too.

                  http://synthetik.com/
                  studio artist

                  http://akvis.com/en/sketch/index.php

                  dean

                  MADE, BORN AND LIVING IN BERLIN
                  Big Thank You to all Programmers
                  Some German words are so long that they have a perspective. M.Twain

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Reply Quote 0
                  • N
                    nickchun
                    last edited by

                    Great job on the modelling and composition. I like it a lot just as a picture. Maybe you could do a version with slighlty lees watercolour effect so more detail comes through.

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Reply Quote 0
                    • leedeeteeL
                      leedeetee
                      last edited by

                      This is superb - I'm a sucker for anythign historical and this is a beauty. Bravo!

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Reply Quote 0
                      • ElibjrE
                        Elibjr
                        last edited by

                        I Think this amazing. The only thing I would add is some trees in the background to the left. The place looks like it's in the middle of nowhere. Nice had painted effect!

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Reply Quote 0
                        • Bryan KB
                          Bryan K
                          last edited by

                          That really is a very cool style.

                          See my portfolio at https://delphiscousin.blogspot.com/

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          Reply Quote 0
                          • RichardR
                            Richard
                            last edited by

                            Holy Crap! That is some of the best post pro I've seen, I am completely in awe!!!!!!!

                            πŸ‘ πŸ‘ πŸ‘ πŸ‘ πŸ‘

                            BUILTBRAND.COM.AU

                            1 Reply Last reply
                            Reply Quote 0
                            • L
                              Lz
                              last edited by

                              Thanks everyone!

                              1 Reply Last reply
                              Reply Quote 0

                              Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                              Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                              With your input, this post could be even better πŸ’—

                              Register Login
                              • 1
                              • 2
                              • 1 / 2
                              • First post
                                Last post
                              Buy SketchPlus
                              Buy SUbD
                              Buy WrapR
                              Buy eBook
                              Buy Modelur
                              Buy Vertex Tools
                              Buy SketchCuisine
                              Buy FormFonts

                              Advertisement