sketchucation logo sketchucation
    • Login
    Oops, your profile's looking a bit empty! To help us tailor your experience, please fill in key details like your SketchUp version, skill level, operating system, and more. Update and save your info on your profile page today!
    ⚠️ Update | Sketchucation Tools 5.0.8 released with licensing improvements and bugfixes Download

    MSPhysics 1.0.3 (16 October 2017)

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Plugins
    930 Posts 173 Posters 1.4m Views 174 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • BillMackB
      BillMack
      last edited by

      I've been using SU 2015 64bit.

      1 Reply Last reply
      Reply Quote 0
      • BillMackB
        BillMack
        last edited by

        Turns out I was using the latest release.

        Oh well - didn't make a difference. Still crashes.

        I removed all traces and folders of the previous install. Then, I downloaded and installed SU 2015 64 bit again. I added MSP and AMS. No go. bugsplat.

        My Win 7 system is just messed up somehow.

        I'll start looking at other drivers that might be conflicting, but I have a strong suspicion my system is faulty and just not up to 3D physics.

        At any rate, MSP looks incredible. I look forward to working with it. Hopefully I'll get a system capable of running it soon.

        Thanks again. Keep up the great work.

        1 Reply Last reply
        Reply Quote 0
        • A
          Anton_S
          last edited by

          I will send you a private message with my latest version of MSPhysics and AMS Library, which I haven't made public yet. I would like you to see if they work. thanks.

          1 Reply Last reply
          Reply Quote 0
          • BillMackB
            BillMack
            last edited by

            Thanks, but I'm still getting the bugsplat.

            I uninstalled 64bit and tried 32bit of SU 2015. First I tried with the original MSP/AMS - same result. Next, I tried with latest MSP/AMS. No good.

            I'll try SU 2015 64bit again, this time with latest MSP/AMS versions.

            Could I be missing some C++ runtime or .Net framework or other low level library?

            I've tried uninstalling other programs, updating drivers, shutting off services - nothing seems to make a difference.

            SU 2015 leaves no hint or trace in Windows Event Log so there's no clue as to what's going on.

            I did notice something strange when I installed SU 2015 32bit. The installer complained about needing to update something that was in use by another program. It listed the Motorola Device Manager Service - I believe that's part of the install for my Motorola smartphone. I let installer do the update - the Motorola service crashed, but later I looked at the running services and it had restarted normally.
            That made me think there might be some other runtime that's being troublesome.

            1 Reply Last reply
            Reply Quote 0
            • A
              Anton_S
              last edited by

              That's bad. It seems like there is something wrong with your Windows system or my MSPhysics project. I wish I could help, but I'm no expert when it comes to runtime libraries. Sooner or later I will test my MSPhysics on various PCs and if I come across an issue like that, I will notify you.

              1 Reply Last reply
              Reply Quote 0
              • BillMackB
                BillMack
                last edited by

                Thank you for your help.

                If I find a solution, I'll post here with the details.

                1 Reply Last reply
                Reply Quote 0
                • F
                  faust07
                  last edited by

                  Wonderful to read that you continue to work at the Physics plugins.
                  I have not had the courage to play with MS-Physics until now.
                  Does it make sense to install MS-Physics and SketchyPhysics in SketchUp 2015 32bit simultaneously? And to test both plugins with the same (simple) model?

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Reply Quote 0
                  • A
                    Anton_S
                    last edited by

                    Yes, MSPhysics and SketchyPhysics can be placed in same plugins folder. But, both plugins won't interact with each other; properties assigned by SketchyPhysics will not affect properties assigned by MSPhysics. To get the model to work the same way on both MSPhysics and SketchyPhysics, you'll need to assign similar properties with SketchyPhysics UI and MSPhysics UI.

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Reply Quote 0
                    • F
                      faust07
                      last edited by

                      Ah, good - Thank you. Will try it.

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Reply Quote 0
                      • romboutR
                        rombout
                        last edited by

                        THis is probably windwos only, correct?

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Reply Quote 0
                        • A
                          Anton_S
                          last edited by

                          Yes rombout, its windows only. Furthermore, it's unstable and incomplete. Try out SketchyPhysics 3.6.0, while MSPhysics is still under development.

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          Reply Quote 0
                          • T
                            tomasz
                            last edited by

                            @anton_s said:

                            Yes rombout, its windows only. Furthermore, it's unstable and incomplete.

                            I wish you developed it further or at least made it stable.
                            Here is my quick try with Thea. Maybe it will motivate you slightly 😄


                            Thea Render - Shadow Catcher + IBL

                            Author of Thea Render for SketchUp

                            1 Reply Last reply
                            Reply Quote 0
                            • soloS
                              solo
                              last edited by

                              😄

                              Tomasz!! you tease.

                              http://www.solos-art.com

                              If you see a toilet in your dreams do not use it.

                              1 Reply Last reply
                              Reply Quote 0
                              • pilouP
                                pilou
                                last edited by

                                Another brick on the wall! 😄

                                Frenchy Pilou
                                Is beautiful that please without concept!
                                My Little site :)

                                1 Reply Last reply
                                Reply Quote 0
                                • R
                                  RobiBue
                                  last edited by

                                  Hi, I'm using SU2015 and with
                                  ams_Lib 3.1.2 and
                                  MSPhysics 0.2.1
                                  I get the following errors:

                                  [pre:16r2j6vf]Error Loading File C:/Users/[User Name]/AppData/Roaming/SketchUp/SketchUp 2015/SketchUp/Plugins/MSPhysics/main.rb
                                  Error: #<NameError: uninitialized constant AMS::FFI>
                                  C:/Users/[User Name]/AppData/Roaming/SketchUp/SketchUp 2015/SketchUp/Plugins/MSPhysics/sdl.rb:10:in <module:SDL>' C:/Users/*[User Name]*/AppData/Roaming/SketchUp/SketchUp 2015/SketchUp/Plugins/MSPhysics/sdl.rb:4:in <top (required)>'
                                  C:/Program Files/SketchUp/SketchUp 2015/Tools/RubyStdLib/rubygems/core_ext/kernel_require.rb:45:in require' C:/Program Files/SketchUp/SketchUp 2015/Tools/RubyStdLib/rubygems/core_ext/kernel_require.rb:45:in require'
                                  C:/Users/[User Name]/AppData/Roaming/SketchUp/SketchUp 2015/SketchUp/Plugins/MSPhysics/main.rb:39:in <top (required)>' C:/Program Files/SketchUp/SketchUp 2015/Tools/extensions.rb:197:in require'
                                  C:/Program Files/SketchUp/SketchUp 2015/Tools/extensions.rb:197:in load' C:/Users/*[User Name]*/AppData/Roaming/SketchUp/SketchUp 2015/SketchUp/Plugins/MSPhysics.rb:106:in register_extension'
                                  C:/Users/[User Name]/AppData/Roaming/SketchUp/SketchUp 2015/SketchUp/Plugins/MSPhysics.rb:106:in <module:MSPhysics>' C:/Users/*[User Name]*/AppData/Roaming/SketchUp/SketchUp 2015/SketchUp/Plugins/MSPhysics.rb:88:in <top (required)>'[/pre:16r2j6vf]

                                  Please help

                                  thanks

                                  1 Reply Last reply
                                  Reply Quote 0
                                  • luckyvacL
                                    luckyvac
                                    last edited by

                                    hello, I can not seem to find a tutorial to create joint . I use SketchyPhysics . I've the table IU but not the icons .
                                    Where are the joints ???
                                    Thanks for your help.
                                    i've 0.2.0 it's worry ?
                                    jean-luc


                                    ou sont les joints.JPG

                                    1 Reply Last reply
                                    Reply Quote 0
                                    • A
                                      Anton_S
                                      last edited by

                                      MSPhysics will be up and running soon. Have a great holiday!

                                      1 Reply Last reply
                                      Reply Quote 0
                                      • A
                                        Anton_S
                                        last edited by

                                        Hi, 0.3.0 Alpha has been released! Go to first post for download.
                                        Changelog:

                                        • Reverted to SDL1 and SDL_Mixer1, which fixed the crash that occurred after using SketchUp for a few minutes.
                                        • Optimized the C++ extension.
                                        • Upgraded to Newton 3.14.
                                        • Added joints. Still more work to go.
                                        • Added replay animation tool. It can record materials and emitters.

                                        I might post videos regarding the features soon. Meanwhile, try out the chains.


                                        chains.skp

                                        1 Reply Last reply
                                        Reply Quote 0
                                        • cottyC
                                          cotty
                                          last edited by

                                          Tried with SU16-64 Win8.1-64:

                                          msphysics030.JPG

                                          my SketchUp gallery

                                          1 Reply Last reply
                                          Reply Quote 0
                                          • A
                                            Anton_S
                                            last edited by

                                            Try deleting the old version and download the new one. It might be bragging about localization, but in theory it shouldn't.

                                            1 Reply Last reply
                                            Reply Quote 0

                                            Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                            Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                            With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                                            Register Login
                                            • 1
                                            • 2
                                            • 6
                                            • 7
                                            • 8
                                            • 9
                                            • 10
                                            • 46
                                            • 47
                                            • 8 / 47
                                            • First post
                                              Last post
                                            Buy SketchPlus
                                            Buy SUbD
                                            Buy WrapR
                                            Buy eBook
                                            Buy Modelur
                                            Buy Vertex Tools
                                            Buy SketchCuisine
                                            Buy FormFonts

                                            Advertisement