sketchucation logo sketchucation
    • Login
    Oops, your profile's looking a bit empty! To help us tailor your experience, please fill in key details like your SketchUp version, skill level, operating system, and more. Update and save your info on your profile page today!
    ⚠️ Update | Sketchucation Tools 5.0.8 released with licensing improvements and bugfixes Download

    Suppressor Thread

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Newbie Forum
    sketchup
    14 Posts 6 Posters 944 Views 6 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • cottyC
      cotty
      last edited by

      @coach_travis said:

      Unfortunately, I must start over because I was using radius instead of diameter for my measurements. DOH!

      You know the scale tool? You can scale a 3D object along 2 axes...

      my SketchUp gallery

      1 Reply Last reply
      Reply Quote 0
      • C
        Coach_Travis
        last edited by

        @cotty said:

        @coach_travis said:

        Unfortunately, I must start over because I was using radius instead of diameter for my measurements. DOH!

        You know the scale tool? You can scale a 3D object along 2 axes...

        Yeah, I had some other errors so I decided to start over.


        Barrel 2.jpg

        1 Reply Last reply
        Reply Quote 0
        • T
          TECHDAVE02
          last edited by

          here is a couple techniques

          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IT5r3AQZBnw
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MKrWDNDd62c

          1 Reply Last reply
          Reply Quote 0
          • C
            Coach_Travis
            last edited by

            @techdave02 said:

            here is a couple techniques

            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IT5r3AQZBnw
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MKrWDNDd62c

            Thank you for the videos. I actually used the "screw 1_5" plugin. It worked very well.


            Barrel Threading.jpg

            1 Reply Last reply
            Reply Quote 0
            • C
              CL
              last edited by

              I may be wrong, but it looks like you have the faces reversed. The grayblue ones should be on the inside.

              1 Reply Last reply
              Reply Quote 0
              • C
                Coach_Travis
                last edited by

                @cl said:

                I may be wrong, but it looks like you have the faces reversed. The grayblue ones should be on the inside.

                Yeah, good catch. That is how the plugin makes it. I caught it right after I submitted it.

                1 Reply Last reply
                Reply Quote 0
                • C
                  Coach_Travis
                  last edited by

                  I think I got the hang of it. What do you think?


                  Barrel SBS.jpg

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Reply Quote 0
                  • Rafferty94R
                    Rafferty94
                    last edited by

                    Looks pretty good.

                    If you are going for close up detail from what the picture shows it is just faces made onto the cylinder? ( ❓ ) that could bring your model down when it comes to render.

                    Try playing around with different types like this...

                    http://physicsgeek.mu.nu/archives/screw-thread.gif

                    Notice how the one raised thread is continuous from top to bottom.

                    Scott.

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Reply Quote 0
                    • C
                      Coach_Travis
                      last edited by

                      Raff - I do not exactly know what you are referring to. The threading was not created on the face. It was made using a plugin. Here are two pictures of them close up. The first one is external threading, and the second is the internal threading.


                      Barrel Thread.jpg


                      Brake Thread.jpg

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Reply Quote 0
                      • Rafferty94R
                        Rafferty94
                        last edited by

                        Ahh...

                        Forgive me, I could not make out the detail from the attachment above my post.

                        Scott.

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Reply Quote 0
                        • C
                          Coach_Travis
                          last edited by

                          @rafferty94 said:

                          Ahh...

                          Forgive me, I could not make out the detail from the attachment above my post.

                          Scott.

                          Not a problem. Thanks for looking out.

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          Reply Quote 0

                          Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                          Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                          With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                          Register Login
                          • 1 / 1
                          • First post
                            Last post
                          Buy SketchPlus
                          Buy SUbD
                          Buy WrapR
                          Buy eBook
                          Buy Modelur
                          Buy Vertex Tools
                          Buy SketchCuisine
                          Buy FormFonts

                          Advertisement