sketchucation logo sketchucation
    • Login
    Oops, your profile's looking a bit empty! To help us tailor your experience, please fill in key details like your SketchUp version, skill level, operating system, and more. Update and save your info on your profile page today!
    ⚠️ Update | Sketchucation Tools 5.0.8 released with licensing improvements and bugfixes Download

    Resizing Not Working

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Newbie Forum
    sketchup
    5 Posts 2 Posters 875 Views 2 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • S
      Se7ven
      last edited by

      I am in the process of doing an exercise involving creating a model from an image and came to the point where I know the actual size on one component. I tried using the tape measure to input the dimensions but it's not resizing for some reason(s). Neither the component, nor the whole image in turn is resizing to the actual dimensions. I am uploading the file for analysis. Any help in understanding why this is happening would be appreciated.


      Chapter7.skp

      1 Reply Last reply
      Reply Quote 0
      • BoxB
        Box
        last edited by

        The tape measure resizes the model as expected.

        It doesn't redraw it for you it scales the model or component to the measurement you input.
        So if your drawing is inaccurate it will rescale it inaccurately.

        In your model you have an 8' measurement on one line and a 10' 6" measurement on a shorter line. It can't correct this discrepancy for you it will simple scale the object to whatever you say is correct.


        ![Therefore when I use the tape on your 8' line the other line resizes to 6' 7 1/16"](/uploads/imported_attachments/v7JO_Resize.JPG "Therefore when I use the tape on your 8' line the other line resizes to 6' 7 1/16"")

        1 Reply Last reply
        Reply Quote 0
        • S
          Se7ven
          last edited by

          The dimensions should have been reversed and the 6'-7 1/16" is what was generated when I used the dimensioning tool. When I used the tape measure I inputed 8' pressed enter. But when I went to measure it the dimension had not changed.

          1 Reply Last reply
          Reply Quote 0
          • BoxB
            Box
            last edited by

            Make sure you understand how the tools work.

            One way, press crtl and click the first point of the line, release ctrl, then click the end point, then without doing anything else type 10'6" and hit enter, it will ask if you want to resize etc etc


            Resize2.JPG

            1 Reply Last reply
            Reply Quote 0
            • S
              Se7ven
              last edited by

              Oh, ok. I must have forgotten about having to use Ctrl when clicking.

              1 Reply Last reply
              Reply Quote 0

              Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

              Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

              With your input, this post could be even better 💗

              Register Login
              • 1 / 1
              • First post
                Last post
              Buy SketchPlus
              Buy SUbD
              Buy WrapR
              Buy eBook
              Buy Modelur
              Buy Vertex Tools
              Buy SketchCuisine
              Buy FormFonts

              Advertisement