sketchucation logo sketchucation
    • Login
    Oops, your profile's looking a bit empty! To help us tailor your experience, please fill in key details like your SketchUp version, skill level, operating system, and more. Update and save your info on your profile page today!
    ⚠️ Update | Sketchucation Tools 5.0.8 released with licensing improvements and bugfixes Download

    Sketchup 2013 issues

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved SketchUp Discussions
    sketchup
    208 Posts 53 Posters 54.8k Views 53 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • kenK
      ken
      last edited by

      I am surprised the number of toolbar icons that were 32x32 or 24x24 instead of 16x16 for small. It wasn't that visually apparent in Ver 8, however, it was apparent in Ver 2013.

      I went though and changed all the icons that were not at 16x16 and now my toolbar displays looks OK if not great.

      Ken

      Fight like your the third monkey on Noah's Ark gangway.

      1 Reply Last reply
      Reply Quote 0
      • arail1A
        arail1
        last edited by

        Interesting to note that I got my first sales pitch from Trimble (for a laser level) - 1/2 day after giving up my info to purchase an upgrade.

        1 Reply Last reply
        Reply Quote 0
        • charly2008C
          charly2008
          last edited by

          Hi,

          I have copied my plugins folder from Sketchup 8 into Sketchup 2013. So far no problems except for these two plugins. In Sketchup 8, this error message does not appear! I am a bit perplexed because these plugins are not available in the original folder of SketchUp 8.


          2013-05-22_160558.jpg

          He who makes no mistakes, makes nothing

          1 Reply Last reply
          Reply Quote 0
          • GaieusG
            Gaieus
            last edited by

            It seems there isn't. I used Jim's custom toolbar plugin with some additional buttons for toggling hidden geometry, parallel and perspective camera, profiles, endpoints etc (which do not have toolbar buttons) but unfortunately that plugin does not seem to work in SU 2013.

            Gai...

            1 Reply Last reply
            Reply Quote 0
            • KrisidiousK
              Krisidious
              last edited by

              So no way to add other native commands to a custom toolbar?

              Google icons can't be moved to Sandbox bar?

              By: Kristoff Rand
              Home DesignerUnique House Plans

              1 Reply Last reply
              Reply Quote 0
              • KrisidiousK
                Krisidious
                last edited by

                Well, at least this is good news for Jim and his custom toolbar plugin.

                By: Kristoff Rand
                Home DesignerUnique House Plans

                1 Reply Last reply
                Reply Quote 0
                • GaieusG
                  Gaieus
                  last edited by

                  Why would it be good news if it does not work?

                  Gai...

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Reply Quote 0
                  • charly2008C
                    charly2008
                    last edited by

                    Hi Kristoff,

                    it seems so!


                    2013-05-22_171553.jpg

                    He who makes no mistakes, makes nothing

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Reply Quote 0
                    • KrisidiousK
                      Krisidious
                      last edited by

                      Because it can easily be fixed and Trimble is not competing with his idea of customizable toolbars.

                      By: Kristoff Rand
                      Home DesignerUnique House Plans

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Reply Quote 0
                      • GaieusG
                        Gaieus
                        last edited by

                        Well, hopefully. Now I am afraid I'll need to memorize some further shortcuts. 😄

                        Gai...

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Reply Quote 0
                        • KrisidiousK
                          Krisidious
                          last edited by

                          I have a post going about Jim's toolbar. Thom, Ray and TIG were looking so maybe we'll get a fix.

                          By: Kristoff Rand
                          Home DesignerUnique House Plans

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          Reply Quote 0
                          • Chris FullmerC
                            Chris Fullmer
                            last edited by

                            Hi all, a few things here. It's true, OS 10.6 is no longer supported, you will need to upgrade to 10.7. Most plugins should load, but there will be those that do not. Charly, I think that first one is Aeriliius's, and he has a new version. So delete that one and go install his new one:
                            http://extensions.sketchup.com/en/user/321/store

                            And also, toolbar icons are customizable only on the default SU toolbars, not ruby toolbars. I realize it might not be that apparent which is which, but sandbox, DC's Advanced Camera Tools, True North, Shadow Strings are all ruby toolbars.

                            Chris

                            Lately you've been tan, suspicious for the winter.
                            All my Plugins I've written

                            1 Reply Last reply
                            Reply Quote 0
                            • KrisidiousK
                              Krisidious
                              last edited by

                              Thanks Chris...

                              BTW... See all of those kool icons at the link you gave? I want every tool in sketchup, ruby or native to have the ability to make an icon and to put it on a toolbar that I made. every thing sketchup can do, I want to be able to put on a toolbar. Thanks and get on that.

                              👍 Seriously thanks for the hard work. 👍 I know everyone is being a bit hard on the SU Dev Team right now. 👿 But we do love you guys. Well, I do. 😄

                              I love Sketchup the way it is and I'm not really in need of too much more. Bug fixes yes, new tools are kool, but I can't think of anything I can't do without a plugin. So it's not like I was expecting something else and didn't get it. And I've really been needing these layout improvements since I started doing my Finals in it. But we must remember that POW's often exalt the stale bread they are given when starving. just kidding... kinda. 🤣

                              By: Kristoff Rand
                              Home DesignerUnique House Plans

                              1 Reply Last reply
                              Reply Quote 0
                              • S
                                sepo
                                last edited by

                                Any Idea how to go about plugins such as rendering soft such as vray, lightup, podium, twilight, thea. Do you need to reinstall them or just move folders?

                                1 Reply Last reply
                                Reply Quote 0
                                • KrisidiousK
                                  Krisidious
                                  last edited by

                                  Sepo... I'm going to recommend reinstalling each of them. Much more complex than rubys.

                                  By: Kristoff Rand
                                  Home DesignerUnique House Plans

                                  1 Reply Last reply
                                  Reply Quote 0
                                  • GaieusG
                                    Gaieus
                                    last edited by

                                    I simply copied the Twilight files into the new folder and it seems to work fine. I have not tested any others yet.

                                    Gai...

                                    1 Reply Last reply
                                    Reply Quote 0
                                    • pilouP
                                      pilou
                                      last edited by

                                      Maybe It will be a good idea to make a board with the plugins working or not with the new version ?

                                      Frenchy Pilou
                                      Is beautiful that please without concept!
                                      My Little site :)

                                      1 Reply Last reply
                                      Reply Quote 0
                                      • Alan FraserA
                                        Alan Fraser
                                        last edited by

                                        Yes, Twilight migrates ok by simply copying...because it's all contained within Plugins. On Windows, at least, V-Ray also has a ASGvis folder in Program Files(x86) with dlls and stuff, some of which point to the SU installation...so it needs re-installing.

                                        3D Figures
                                        Were you required to walk 500 miles? Were you advised to walk 500 more?
                                        You could be entitled to compensation. Call the Pro Claimers now!

                                        1 Reply Last reply
                                        Reply Quote 0
                                        • Chris FullmerC
                                          Chris Fullmer
                                          last edited by

                                          Good question on those rendering plugins. It depends on how they were written. I think many come with fancy installers that tweak registry settings and add files to various locations on the computer. Some might not do anything like that, I'm really not sure. You can try to copy them over and hope it works. But you might be best off just reinstalling them, then you make sure you download the most recent version, and it gets installed how it wants you to install it.

                                          Generally, we did not do things that would break plugins moving from SU 8 to SU 2013. But there are always exceptions and unintended consequences...

                                          Chris

                                          Lately you've been tan, suspicious for the winter.
                                          All my Plugins I've written

                                          1 Reply Last reply
                                          Reply Quote 0
                                          • jeff hammondJ
                                            jeff hammond
                                            last edited by

                                            @circus said:

                                            ?? I am on a mac book pro, Processor 2.16GHz Intel Core 2 Duo Memory 4 GB, while I haven't tried to upgrade to 10.7 or later, and not being technically minded, I was lead to believe that I am unable to upgrade?

                                            p.

                                            http://support.apple.com/kb/SP629
                                            you can upgrade to lion (10.7.x) but that's where it stops for your computer.. you can't go to mountain lion (10.8) or higher.. but sketchup 2013 will run on lion 10.7

                                            dotdotdot

                                            1 Reply Last reply
                                            Reply Quote 0

                                            Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                            Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                            With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                                            Register Login
                                            • 1
                                            • 2
                                            • 3
                                            • 4
                                            • 5
                                            • 10
                                            • 11
                                            • 3 / 11
                                            • First post
                                              Last post
                                            Buy SketchPlus
                                            Buy SUbD
                                            Buy WrapR
                                            Buy eBook
                                            Buy Modelur
                                            Buy Vertex Tools
                                            Buy SketchCuisine
                                            Buy FormFonts

                                            Advertisement