sketchucation logo sketchucation
    • Login
    Oops, your profile's looking a bit empty! To help us tailor your experience, please fill in key details like your SketchUp version, skill level, operating system, and more. Update and save your info on your profile page today!
    ⚠️ Update | Sketchucation Tools 5.0.8 released with licensing improvements and bugfixes Download

    Face to Framing Plugin?

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved SketchUp Discussions
    sketchup
    42 Posts 15 Posters 6.2k Views 15 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • C
      crewsr
      last edited by

      @krisidious said:

      Oh and before anyone starts going on about the corner it's just one I chose at random from the 8 or so exterior corners you have to choose from. Yeah... That's right... It does corners.

      Ok, you've got my attention! When can we get it?!?

      1 Reply Last reply
      Reply Quote 0
      • pbacotP
        pbacot
        last edited by

        Looking good. Many questions, but I'll wait and see. Thanks for your efforts!

        MacOSX MojaveSketchUp Pro v19 Twilight v2 Thea v3 PowerCADD

        1 Reply Last reply
        Reply Quote 0
        • KrisidiousK
          Krisidious
          last edited by

          Well, I deserve no thanks what-so-ever because I have done nothing. I'm not the one making it... I don't know when it will be ready for public but I think it will be very soon. I've been testing it and it works great. It's going to be a must have for the architecture tool box.

          By: Kristoff Rand
          Home DesignerUnique House Plans

          1 Reply Last reply
          Reply Quote 0
          • jolranJ
            jolran
            last edited by

            Commercial plugin ?

            1 Reply Last reply
            Reply Quote 0
            • KrisidiousK
              Krisidious
              last edited by

              I don't know if he will charge or not... I know he's made tons of great plugins and I don't know that he's ever charged. Although I would definitely buy this one.

              By: Kristoff Rand
              Home DesignerUnique House Plans

              1 Reply Last reply
              Reply Quote 0
              • jolranJ
                jolran
                last edited by

                Cool. Meow ?

                1 Reply Last reply
                Reply Quote 0
                • J
                  jpalm32
                  last edited by

                  😲 😲
                  When?

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Reply Quote 0
                  • KrisidiousK
                    Krisidious
                    last edited by

                    He's still working on it... Corner Bracing and Lumber Counts added today.

                    By: Kristoff Rand
                    Home DesignerUnique House Plans

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Reply Quote 0
                    • KrisidiousK
                      Krisidious
                      last edited by

                      It's coming... Like Now.

                      By: Kristoff Rand
                      Home DesignerUnique House Plans

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Reply Quote 0
                      • KrisidiousK
                        Krisidious
                        last edited by

                        That's right... Estimation too.

                        test framing7.jpg

                        By: Kristoff Rand
                        Home DesignerUnique House Plans

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Reply Quote 0
                        • pbacotP
                          pbacot
                          last edited by

                          Cool. but the corner brace is not let in. Does anyone use those still?

                          MacOSX MojaveSketchUp Pro v19 Twilight v2 Thea v3 PowerCADD

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          Reply Quote 0
                          • KrisidiousK
                            Krisidious
                            last edited by

                            Yes I told him about the brace being on the outside instead of inset... He's fixing it. And yes over here we still use them. however we also use metal straps often too.

                            By: Kristoff Rand
                            Home DesignerUnique House Plans

                            1 Reply Last reply
                            Reply Quote 0
                            • pbacotP
                              pbacot
                              last edited by

                              I probably have tunnel vision, living in earthquake country. Everything ends up getting sheathed.

                              MacOSX MojaveSketchUp Pro v19 Twilight v2 Thea v3 PowerCADD

                              1 Reply Last reply
                              Reply Quote 0
                              • S
                                siim11s
                                last edited by

                                Nice, that really looks interesting.
                                Will there be customization options for type of wall (double framing, offset etc), and will it be possible to make custom corners and connections?
                                Can't wait to try it out πŸ˜„

                                //S.

                                1 Reply Last reply
                                Reply Quote 0
                                • KrisidiousK
                                  Krisidious
                                  last edited by

                                  This has variable sheathing options too...

                                  By: Kristoff Rand
                                  Home DesignerUnique House Plans

                                  1 Reply Last reply
                                  Reply Quote 0
                                  • KrisidiousK
                                    Krisidious
                                    last edited by

                                    Wait No Longer...

                                    404 Not Found

                                    favicon

                                    (sketchucation.com)

                                    A huge thanks to SDMitch for turning a wish into a reality. He greatly exceeded my expectations with the many options... The adaptability and ease of use is fantastic.

                                    I love this place.

                                    By: Kristoff Rand
                                    Home DesignerUnique House Plans

                                    1 Reply Last reply
                                    Reply Quote 0
                                    • D
                                      dagadt
                                      last edited by

                                      Hello

                                      I'm working a same plugin too.πŸ˜„

                                      I'm a Timber frame designer and i used lots of timber framing software like (SEMA, Dietrichs, HSBCad) Than i know really good the logic of this softwares.

                                      I'm trying to make a same. We will look.πŸ˜„

                                      1 Reply Last reply
                                      Reply Quote 0
                                      • N
                                        nujak66
                                        last edited by

                                        Krisidious, I just came across this post and would really, really love the plugin to frame walls from faces that you mentioned. Is it available?

                                        1 Reply Last reply
                                        Reply Quote 0
                                        • KrisidiousK
                                          Krisidious
                                          last edited by

                                          It is... http://sketchucation.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=323%26amp;t=51442

                                          By: Kristoff Rand
                                          Home DesignerUnique House Plans

                                          1 Reply Last reply
                                          Reply Quote 0
                                          • panixiaP
                                            panixia
                                            last edited by

                                            maybe this plugin can be helpful?

                                            ERROR: The request could not be satisfied

                                            favicon

                                            (extensions.sketchup.com)

                                            1 Reply Last reply
                                            Reply Quote 0

                                            Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                            Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                            With your input, this post could be even better πŸ’—

                                            Register Login
                                            • 1
                                            • 2
                                            • 3
                                            • 2 / 3
                                            • First post
                                              Last post
                                            Buy SketchPlus
                                            Buy SUbD
                                            Buy WrapR
                                            Buy eBook
                                            Buy Modelur
                                            Buy Vertex Tools
                                            Buy SketchCuisine
                                            Buy FormFonts

                                            Advertisement