sketchucation logo sketchucation
    • Login
    Oops, your profile's looking a bit empty! To help us tailor your experience, please fill in key details like your SketchUp version, skill level, operating system, and more. Update and save your info on your profile page today!
    ⚠️ Update | Sketchucation Tools 5.0.8 released with licensing improvements and bugfixes Download

    Sample Model for Rendering - Loft w Telescope

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Gallery
    46 Posts 14 Posters 7.2k Views 14 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • R
      Roger
      last edited by

      Telescope_room
      Here is how I would visualize that scene. Keep in mind you could never have a view like that unless the moon was about 10 times closer and then the tidal forces on earth would be wreaking all kinds of havoc.

      http://www.azcreative.com

      1 Reply Last reply
      Reply Quote 0
      • Bryan KB
        Bryan K
        last edited by

        @roger said:

        Keep in mind you could never have a view like that unless the moon was about 10 times closer and then the tidal forces on earth would be wreaking all kinds of havoc.

        Picky, picky. 😄

        Very nice render. I like the softness. I might try this tonight.

        See my portfolio at https://delphiscousin.blogspot.com/

        1 Reply Last reply
        Reply Quote 0
        • david_hD
          david_h
          last edited by

          I dunno . .. I think I have done something wrong. . .


          Atticbusier 2012-09-10 16483300000.jpg

          If I make it look easy...It is probably easy

          1 Reply Last reply
          Reply Quote 0
          • Bryan KB
            Bryan K
            last edited by

            Who you gonna call?!

            See my portfolio at https://delphiscousin.blogspot.com/

            1 Reply Last reply
            Reply Quote 0
            • Bryan KB
              Bryan K
              last edited by

              What a pain. Took me an hour. I couldn't get the starscape to show after 8 tries. Couldn't get the light right. There was something wrong with the window and I had to delete it altogether.

              However, it rendered in mere minutes. 👍

              Kerkythea.

              You really need to view it on a dark/black screen/border background for the full effect.

              As usual, click on each image for the bigger stand alone picture.

              telescope.jpg

              telescope2.jpg

              See my portfolio at https://delphiscousin.blogspot.com/

              1 Reply Last reply
              Reply Quote 0
              • david_hD
                david_h
                last edited by

                well I see your problem right off the bat. . .you've got draco where andromeda should be. . .Ursa Major in your first house, and Capricorn in your seventh house. . ..

                I'd move into an apartment. 💚

                If I make it look easy...It is probably easy

                1 Reply Last reply
                Reply Quote 0
                • Bryan KB
                  Bryan K
                  last edited by

                  @unknownuser said:

                  well I see your problem right off the bat. . .you've got draco where andromeda should be. . .Ursa Major in your first house, and Capricorn in your seventh house. . ..

                  I'd move into an apartment. 💚

                  DOH! I knew something was wrong! 😆

                  See my portfolio at https://delphiscousin.blogspot.com/

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Reply Quote 0
                  • Al HartA
                    Al Hart
                    last edited by

                    @roger said:

                    [attachment=0:kp2w2k8m]<!-- ia0 -->telescope_room.jpg<!-- ia0 -->[/attachment:kp2w2k8m]
                    Here is how I would visualize that scene. Keep in mind you could never have a view like that unless the moon was about 10 times closer and then the tidal forces on earth would be wreaking all kinds of havoc.

                    Do you want to mention which rendering engine you used so I can put the result on SketchUpRendering.com?

                    Al Hart

                    http://wiki.renderplus.com/images/e/ef/Render_plus_colored30x30).PNG
                    IRender nXt from Render Plus

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Reply Quote 0
                    • R
                      Roger
                      last edited by

                      @al hart said:

                      @roger said:

                      [attachment=0:6kvfnt10]<!-- ia0 -->telescope_room.jpg<!-- ia0 -->[/attachment:6kvfnt10]
                      Here is how I would visualize that scene. Keep in mind you could never have a view like that unless the moon was about 10 times closer and then the tidal forces on earth would be wreaking all kinds of havoc.

                      Do you want to mention which rendering engine you used so I can put the result on SketchUpRendering.com?

                      I did not use a rendering engine. All were Post Production modifications of your render done in PhotoShop.

                      http://www.azcreative.com

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Reply Quote 0
                      • Al HartA
                        Al Hart
                        last edited by

                        @roger said:

                        I did not use a rendering engine. All were Post Production modifications of your render done in PhotoShop.

                        AHA! You photo shop guys are amazing!

                        Al Hart

                        http://wiki.renderplus.com/images/e/ef/Render_plus_colored30x30).PNG
                        IRender nXt from Render Plus

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Reply Quote 0
                        • david_hD
                          david_h
                          last edited by

                          Still not workin' quite right. . .


                          Atticbusier 2012-09-11 16591200000.jpg

                          If I make it look easy...It is probably easy

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          Reply Quote 0
                          • Al HartA
                            Al Hart
                            last edited by

                            Here's another attempt with lots of stars and a reflective floor.

                            Some light is coming from the ceiling, and some light from those bright stars.

                            I also had to remove one of the semi-transparent window things.

                            stars-engine4-3097.jpg

                            (rendered with IRender nXt)

                            Al Hart

                            http://wiki.renderplus.com/images/e/ef/Render_plus_colored30x30).PNG
                            IRender nXt from Render Plus

                            1 Reply Last reply
                            Reply Quote 0
                            • soloS
                              solo
                              last edited by

                              Whoah!! is this a room in a space ship?

                              http://www.solos-art.com

                              If you see a toilet in your dreams do not use it.

                              1 Reply Last reply
                              Reply Quote 0
                              • R
                                Roger
                                last edited by

                                @unknownuser said:

                                Still not workin' quite right. . .

                                Too late meteor warning system.

                                http://www.azcreative.com

                                1 Reply Last reply
                                Reply Quote 0
                                • Al HartA
                                  Al Hart
                                  last edited by

                                  @solo said:

                                  Whoah!! is this a room in a space ship?

                                  I think the whole idea of a loft and a telescope would inspire the imagination of the the viewer, and could cause some non-realistic "photo-realistic" images - such as the large bright moons, and the bright colorful stars.

                                  Al Hart

                                  http://wiki.renderplus.com/images/e/ef/Render_plus_colored30x30).PNG
                                  IRender nXt from Render Plus

                                  1 Reply Last reply
                                  Reply Quote 0
                                  • M
                                    martin-art
                                    last edited by

                                    Nice work on the renders, loving all of the different styles. Liking the Ghostbusters apartment, although through a telescope would scare the living daylights out of you.

                                    This is the model rendered at day and night in Shaderlight, although I am thinking now of green lights and UFO's so watch this space.

                                    http://i794.photobucket.com/albums/yy221/shaderlight/Shaderlight for SketchUp/loftapartmentday.jpg

                                    http://i794.photobucket.com/albums/yy221/shaderlight/Shaderlight for SketchUp/loftapartmentnight.jpg

                                    1 Reply Last reply
                                    Reply Quote 0
                                    • david_hD
                                      david_h
                                      last edited by

                                      now we're cookin'!


                                      Telescope bw.jpg

                                      If I make it look easy...It is probably easy

                                      1 Reply Last reply
                                      Reply Quote 0
                                      • Al HartA
                                        Al Hart
                                        last edited by

                                        @martin-art said:

                                        Nice work on the renders, loving all of the different styles. Liking the Ghostbusters apartment, although through a telescope would scare the living daylights out of you.

                                        This is the model rendered at day and night in Shaderlight, although I am thinking now of green lights and UFO's so watch this space.

                                        Nice work Martin.

                                        I put these images on the SketchUpRendering site. Let me know if you decide to change them.

                                        Al Hart

                                        http://wiki.renderplus.com/images/e/ef/Render_plus_colored30x30).PNG
                                        IRender nXt from Render Plus

                                        1 Reply Last reply
                                        Reply Quote 0
                                        • T
                                          the.pjt
                                          last edited by

                                          hello every body ..... this is my try
                                          rendered with TheaRender ... with Unbisided Algorithm ..
                                          and some Post processing in Photoshop ... include adding ray of light
                                          😉


                                          final copy.jpg

                                          1 Reply Last reply
                                          Reply Quote 0
                                          • Bryan KB
                                            Bryan K
                                            last edited by

                                            Dang it! After looking at Martin's night rendering, I can see I needed to adjust the light color on mine.

                                            Well done, Martin. 👍 (and everyone else for that matter. very cool as always to see the different styles)

                                            See my portfolio at https://delphiscousin.blogspot.com/

                                            1 Reply Last reply
                                            Reply Quote 0

                                            Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                            Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                            With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                                            Register Login
                                            • 1
                                            • 2
                                            • 3
                                            • 2 / 3
                                            • First post
                                              Last post
                                            Buy SketchPlus
                                            Buy SUbD
                                            Buy WrapR
                                            Buy eBook
                                            Buy Modelur
                                            Buy Vertex Tools
                                            Buy SketchCuisine
                                            Buy FormFonts

                                            Advertisement