sketchucation logo sketchucation
    • Login
    Oops, your profile's looking a bit empty! To help us tailor your experience, please fill in key details like your SketchUp version, skill level, operating system, and more. Update and save your info on your profile page today!
    ⚠️ Update | Sketchucation Tools 5.0.8 released with licensing improvements and bugfixes Download

    Hillside sunset

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Gallery
    25 Posts 12 Posters 4.0k Views 12 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • srxS
      srx
      last edited by

      Grass looks fantastic! "Even better than the real thing". Could you please share your brush settings?

      www.saurus.rs

      1 Reply Last reply
      Reply Quote 0
      • D
        davidh
        last edited by

        The main green grass is 3d rendered in Thea using the instance tool to populate the area.
        The other grass added in photoshop(the light coloured grain/wheat grass are actual .pngs of grass from "Digart" Vegetation which are dragged and dropped into the image.I cant upload the Digart grasses due to licencing issues but here is the website I purchased them from:
        http://www.gardenhose.com/

        1 Reply Last reply
        Reply Quote 0
        • srxS
          srx
          last edited by

          Thanks Davidh. I guess it is the best way - to combine Thea instances and post add vegetation for more natural look.

          www.saurus.rs

          1 Reply Last reply
          Reply Quote 0
          • DanielD
            Daniel
            last edited by

            Beautiful

            My avatar is an anachronism.

            1 Reply Last reply
            Reply Quote 0
            • boofredlayB
              boofredlay
              last edited by

              I can feel the soft heated breeze on my cheek as I walk through the grass. Well done as usual sir!

              http://www.coroflot.com/boofredlay

              1 Reply Last reply
              Reply Quote 0
              • J
                jsmith
                last edited by

                Just incredibly beautiful

                1 Reply Last reply
                Reply Quote 0
                • D
                  davidh
                  last edited by

                  2 Versions using Theas Relight facility to render out a bright summer evening and a slightly dark evening.


                  HILLSIDE SUNSET 002.jpg


                  HILLSIDE OVERCAST2.jpg

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Reply Quote 0
                  • cheddaC
                    chedda
                    last edited by

                    Dayum Thea is looking tempting !

                    Kraken Wrangler https://www.flickr.com/photos/132441293@N03/

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Reply Quote 0
                    • D
                      davidh
                      last edited by

                      A complete Thea render except for the birds and the colour overlays/toning done in photoshop.


                      Wild hillside 01.jpg

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Reply Quote 0
                      • D
                        davidh
                        last edited by

                        Another view ,this time with some additional vegetation added in photoshop(like the first image all green grasses and white flowering plants are straight from Thea,also the trees, and the light grain grasses are photoshop.)


                        hillside front.jpg

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Reply Quote 0
                        • D
                          davidh
                          last edited by

                          A couple more with different colour tones


                          hillside  view 05.jpg


                          Hillside grass 01.jpg

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          Reply Quote 0
                          • HumpmetwiceH
                            Humpmetwice
                            last edited by

                            We need a real big like button! 💭

                            Very nice images, one day I will love to be able to do something like that!

                            1 Reply Last reply
                            Reply Quote 0
                            • Bryan KB
                              Bryan K
                              last edited by

                              Wow. 😲

                              See my portfolio at https://delphiscousin.blogspot.com/

                              1 Reply Last reply
                              Reply Quote 0
                              • D
                                davidh
                                last edited by

                                A different sky with different lighting


                                hill dusk 02.jpg

                                1 Reply Last reply
                                Reply Quote 0
                                • D
                                  davidh
                                  last edited by

                                  A different light/hdri setting.


                                  HILLSIDE SUNSET.jpg

                                  1 Reply Last reply
                                  Reply Quote 0
                                  • Rich O BrienR
                                    Rich O Brien Moderator
                                    last edited by

                                    I'd really like to see the raw Thea output to appreciate the level of PP involved.

                                    These are stunning.

                                    Download the free D'oh Book for SketchUp 📖

                                    1 Reply Last reply
                                    Reply Quote 0
                                    • D
                                      davidh
                                      last edited by

                                      Thanks Rich,these are pretty much the raw Thea output except for some colour toning or minimum, and I mean minimum, foreground additions.(these would be any light/white coloured grain/wheat grass,if they are not there,then its just colour toning)

                                      I have attached an NPR of a new view,but the only reason its NPR is because its still rendering(all these images are saved from the interactive mode)and is quite grainy.
                                      I often use these grainy images to set up my final image and if I am not happy with the final grain-free render than I use these for my NPRs where I will change the sky,background,add water etc.


                                      LAST SUN.jpg

                                      1 Reply Last reply
                                      Reply Quote 0
                                      • Rich O BrienR
                                        Rich O Brien Moderator
                                        last edited by

                                        😲

                                        I was expecting a very stripped back render. I wasn't expecting that the foreground was actually rendered. That is solid endorsement of Thea's power when in the proper hands. Wow 👍

                                        Download the free D'oh Book for SketchUp 📖

                                        1 Reply Last reply
                                        Reply Quote 0
                                        • soloS
                                          solo
                                          last edited by

                                          Excellent stuff David,

                                          I ran it through Corel noise reduction.


                                          HILLSIDE%20SUNSET.jpg

                                          http://www.solos-art.com

                                          If you see a toilet in your dreams do not use it.

                                          1 Reply Last reply
                                          Reply Quote 0
                                          • D
                                            davidh
                                            last edited by

                                            Heres a more finished version of the image previously uploaded with the colours also more saturated(I think the sun flare is maybe a bit overdone)

                                            Solo,
                                            I like that effect from the denoiser,it also helped to remove the thin straight lines that were emenating from the sunflare.


                                            Hillside sunset 010.jpg

                                            1 Reply Last reply
                                            Reply Quote 0

                                            Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                            Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                            With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                                            Register Login
                                            • 1
                                            • 2
                                            • 2 / 2
                                            • First post
                                              Last post
                                            Buy SketchPlus
                                            Buy SUbD
                                            Buy WrapR
                                            Buy eBook
                                            Buy Modelur
                                            Buy Vertex Tools
                                            Buy SketchCuisine
                                            Buy FormFonts

                                            Advertisement