sketchucation logo sketchucation
    • Login
    Oops, your profile's looking a bit empty! To help us tailor your experience, please fill in key details like your SketchUp version, skill level, operating system, and more. Update and save your info on your profile page today!
    ⚠️ Update | Sketchucation Tools 5.0.8 released with licensing improvements and bugfixes Download

    Bullocks

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Gallery
    20 Posts 14 Posters 1.7k Views 14 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • tademaT
      tadema
      last edited by

      ...in the next field down 😒 😒
      John

      1 Reply Last reply
      Reply Quote 0
      • W
        watkins
        last edited by

        Dear John,

        That is absolutely stunning. Impossible as it is to imagine, you seem to get better and better.

        Kind regards,
        Bob

        1 Reply Last reply
        Reply Quote 0
        • edenuxE
          edenux
          last edited by

          Very nice and realistic. But in my opinion you should make the second "plan" not such a visible. I mean that some atmosphere feeling and bluriness are missing 😄

          Want to see more? Visit my facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/Edvisualisation

          1 Reply Last reply
          Reply Quote 0
          • DanielD
            Daniel
            last edited by

            John, I think that is one of your best to date. The pavement in the background looks a little too clean, compared to that in the foreground, though.

            My avatar is an anachronism.

            1 Reply Last reply
            Reply Quote 0
            • marked001M
              marked001
              last edited by

              agreed with everyone..probably the best so far.. that background image really sells it..

              agree with edvinus, would be cool if that far building was a bit hazier..

              awesome as usual.

              http://www.revision21vis.com

              instagram: revi21on

              1 Reply Last reply
              Reply Quote 0
              • mojtabata2001M
                mojtabata2001
                last edited by

                great 👍
                render engine?

                1 Reply Last reply
                Reply Quote 0
                • tademaT
                  tadema
                  last edited by

                  Thanks Bob, always great to hear from you.
                  Hello Edvinas, sorry I did not understand your meaning until markrd001 explained, now a little blur added.
                  Hello Daniel, totally missed the "paving", I guess sometimes we don't see what we are looking at. Now changed thank you.
                  Thanks Jason, only able to blur it a little.
                  John
                  [attachment=1:1u22f70n]<!-- ia1 -->Bullocks 3.jpg<!-- ia1 -->[/attachment:1u22f70n]

                  This made me laugh!

                  [attachment=0:1u22f70n]<!-- ia0 -->donkey.jpg<!-- ia0 -->[/attachment:1u22f70n]

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Reply Quote 0
                  • StinkieS
                    Stinkie
                    last edited by

                    Nice. 👍

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Reply Quote 0
                    • DanielD
                      Daniel
                      last edited by

                      So, John, how is Windsor Castle coming along?

                      My avatar is an anachronism.

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Reply Quote 0
                      • simon le bonS
                        simon le bon
                        last edited by

                        reeeally nice 👍 👍

                        It's each time a pleasure to come and watch 😄

                        What is your position to give or not and how much thickness to the roofs ?

                        The stones wall texture is really great! and We are not shocked by the repeat.
                        The roof textures are simply wonderful!

                        I appreciate your pleasure to draw in the details like the individuals cap stones of the garden wall , the double hung windows, the garage doors...

                        I love the discrete render of the reflects into the glass windows..

                        May be a subtle Sketchup fog would give a better deepness effect ? I'm not sure

                        +++simon

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Reply Quote 0
                        • boofredlayB
                          boofredlay
                          last edited by

                          Great!

                          http://www.coroflot.com/boofredlay

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          Reply Quote 0
                          • leedeeteeL
                            leedeetee
                            last edited by

                            John, as ever, WOW!

                            Is that hill in the background from the Yorkshire Dales?

                            1 Reply Last reply
                            Reply Quote 0
                            • tademaT
                              tadema
                              last edited by

                              Thanks everyone.
                              Mojtabo, I'm using V-ray.
                              Tom, I used ambient occlusion as you suggested but I still need to look into it more. It's still giving a white cast from the PNG and I'm having to select colour range and delete the white! but it looks better.
                              Daniel, I'm still looking but there's very little plan wise.
                              Simon, the roof has next to no thickness (75mm) as these are only cubes with no detail on the backs to represent the buildings. Much more fun to do than spending 5-7 days on the larger buildings.
                              Eric, thanks.
                              Lee, yes I searched Yorkshire Dales on flickr and this was one of the first image. No flies on you!
                              John

                              1 Reply Last reply
                              Reply Quote 0
                              • StinkieS
                                Stinkie
                                last edited by

                                @tadema said:

                                Tom, I used ambient occlusion as you suggested but I still need to look into it more.

                                I didn't suggest you'd use it -the image I was referring to looked odd to me, so I wondered if you might've used too much AO. 😄 Then -I am hardly an expert.

                                In any case,if you're interested in using ambient occlusion, this vid -if you've not seen it already- might be helpful:

                                1 Reply Last reply
                                Reply Quote 0
                                • edenuxE
                                  edenux
                                  last edited by

                                  markrd001 was right. But i wanted to tell you this: http://maggiefieldsdesign.blogspot.com/2011/03/illusion-of-space-by-atmospheric.html
                                  maybe not so much, but a little atmosphere feeling 😄

                                  Want to see more? Visit my facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/Edvisualisation

                                  1 Reply Last reply
                                  Reply Quote 0
                                  • holmes1977H
                                    holmes1977
                                    last edited by

                                    YOUR BEST RENDER in my opinion. FLIPPIN brill

                                    Exaggeration makes a dull story better.

                                    1 Reply Last reply
                                    Reply Quote 0
                                    • hellnbakH
                                      hellnbak
                                      last edited by

                                      You manage to up the 😮 factor with each post. Beautiful!

                                      "Politicians are just like diapers -- they need to be changed often, and for the same reason"

                                      1 Reply Last reply
                                      Reply Quote 0
                                      • KrisidiousK
                                        Krisidious
                                        last edited by

                                        you really gotta stop taking pictures and trying to pass them off as renders... it's insulting to my highly trained eye.

                                        By: Kristoff Rand
                                        Home DesignerUnique House Plans

                                        1 Reply Last reply
                                        Reply Quote 0
                                        • andybotA
                                          andybot
                                          last edited by

                                          👍 👍
                                          Really well done, perfectly composed, textured, lit. Looks incredibly real!

                                          http://charlottesvillearchitecturalrendering.com/

                                          1 Reply Last reply
                                          Reply Quote 0
                                          • tademaT
                                            tadema
                                            last edited by

                                            Thank you everyone.
                                            Tom, I should have said you "mentioned" AO, sorry. I've watched all those clips on Youtube, he's very good. That's where I got the settings for this render. I need to concentrate more on rendering as I don't seem to be able to produce anything consistent, mine always have a "cartoonie" look to them.
                                            Edvinas, thanks for the link I understand now. I did the opposite and saturated the background!
                                            thanks
                                            John

                                            1 Reply Last reply
                                            Reply Quote 0

                                            Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                            Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                            With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                                            Register Login
                                            • 1 / 1
                                            • First post
                                              Last post
                                            Buy SketchPlus
                                            Buy SUbD
                                            Buy WrapR
                                            Buy eBook
                                            Buy Modelur
                                            Buy Vertex Tools
                                            Buy SketchCuisine
                                            Buy FormFonts

                                            Advertisement