sketchucation logo sketchucation
    • Login
    Oops, your profile's looking a bit empty! To help us tailor your experience, please fill in key details like your SketchUp version, skill level, operating system, and more. Update and save your info on your profile page today!
    ⚠️ Update | Sketchucation Tools 5.0.8 released with licensing improvements and bugfixes Download

    [Plugin] FredoTools - v4.5c - 24 Jun 24

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Plugins
    463 Posts 123 Posters 836.6k Views 121 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • mariochaM
      mariocha
      last edited by

      Hi Mac users. A litlle survey.
      Lately I'm having a small annoyance with this extension.
      If I open the pane for the tools (see image) once in a session, then SU cannot quit normally. Beachball.
      I removed all the other extension leaving only it and the Lib. Still bug.
      Anyone else ?
      update: Just did it with Curvizard.


      Fredotools.png

      %(#008000)[Mario C.
      Every rule has exceptions, but some.]

      1 Reply Last reply
      Reply Quote 0
      • Mousa_SAM
        Mousa_SA
        last edited by

        @fredo6 said:

        NEW RELEASE: FredoTools v3.1d - 28 Sep 17

        FredoTools 3.1d fixes potential bugsplat in ThruPaint. Thanks to report if you have any.

        See FredoTools plugin home page for Download.

        See also main post of this thread for User Discussion.

        Fredo

        Hello Fredo,

        Firstly, thanks for all of your plugins.
        I get a bugsplat when I enable Thrupaint, please check the attachment to see the bug report.


        Thrupaint bug

        1 Reply Last reply
        Reply Quote 0
        • fredo6F
          fredo6
          last edited by

          @mousa_sa said:

          I get a bugsplat when I enable Thrupaint, please check the attachment to see the bug report.

          Yes, there are cases of bugsplat, and for what whatever reason, they may occur systematically for some users. I did not find the reason and fix yet, but I am trying...

          Fredo

          1 Reply Last reply
          Reply Quote 0
          • Mousa_SAM
            Mousa_SA
            last edited by

            @fredo6 said:

            Yes, there are cases of bugsplat, and for what whatever reason, they may occur systematically for some users. I did not find the reason and fix yet, but I am trying...

            Fredo

            I have made some tests and found that this issue occur when Profile builder 2 and SubD is enabled, but I installed SketchUp 2017, Profile Builder 2 and SubD on another machine and Thrupaint worked fine!

            1 Reply Last reply
            Reply Quote 0
            • OxerO
              Oxer
              last edited by

              Hi, I found a minor issue with Thrupaint on OS X 10.11.6 & SU2017, when you make click to enter in Visual edition, the gizmo and the options window disappear immediately but "right click ->Contextual menu->Enter in Visual edition" or "Enter" work fine, for this reason for me is a minor issue.

              "The result is the end what is important is the process" by Oxer
              http://www.oxervision.blogspot.com/

              1 Reply Last reply
              Reply Quote 0
              • fredo6F
                fredo6
                last edited by

                I think the problem was already signaled, and it seems this happens only on MacOS.
                Note that you can also type Enter to activate / deactivate the gizmo.

                Difficult for me to troubleshoot as I don't have a Mac. I made a modif blindly, just in case this improves.

                Fredo6_FredoTools - v3.1f - 03 Nov 17 - certified - encrypted.rbz

                Could you check if you still have the problem.

                Thanks

                Fredo

                1 Reply Last reply
                Reply Quote 0
                • OxerO
                  Oxer
                  last edited by

                  I installed that version but the issue persists.
                  Fredo like I said to you before, for me it's a minor issue.

                  "The result is the end what is important is the process" by Oxer
                  http://www.oxervision.blogspot.com/

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Reply Quote 0
                  • OxerO
                    Oxer
                    last edited by

                    The FredoTools v3.1e works fine on OS X 10.11.6 & SU2016, the issue is with SU2017.

                    "The result is the end what is important is the process" by Oxer
                    http://www.oxervision.blogspot.com/

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Reply Quote 0
                    • fredo6F
                      fredo6
                      last edited by

                      @oxer said:

                      The FredoTools v3.1e works fine on OS X 10.11.6 & SU2016, the issue is with SU2017.

                      Even more weird.
                      Did you try with double-click on a textured face?

                      Fredo

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Reply Quote 0
                      • OxerO
                        Oxer
                        last edited by

                        Yes, but this doesn't resolve the issue. Don't worry Fredo, it's a little problem but it doesn't interrupt my workflow.

                        "The result is the end what is important is the process" by Oxer
                        http://www.oxervision.blogspot.com/

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Reply Quote 0
                        • fredo6F
                          fredo6
                          last edited by

                          Just try to understand what can be caused by

                          • a difference between Mac and Windows
                          • a difference between SU2016 and SU2017

                          To you get a stable gizmo when pressing Enter on a textured face ?

                          What happen if you click down, release without moving the mouse ?

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          Reply Quote 0
                          • OxerO
                            Oxer
                            last edited by

                            Yes, If I press Enter over a textured face the gizmo is stable. When click down the gizmo appears but it disappear immediately (1 second).

                            "The result is the end what is important is the process" by Oxer
                            http://www.oxervision.blogspot.com/

                            1 Reply Last reply
                            Reply Quote 0
                            • fredo6F
                              fredo6
                              last edited by

                              NEW RELEASE: FredoTools v3.1g - 11 Nov 17

                              FredoTools 3.1g fixes a bug in FredoTools::ReportLabelArea, for the CSV export in non-English languages.

                              See FredoTools plugin home page for Download.

                              See also main post of this thread for User Discussion.

                              Fredo

                              1 Reply Last reply
                              Reply Quote 0
                              • Mousa_SAM
                                Mousa_SA
                                last edited by

                                Hello Fredo,

                                Is the thrupaint bugsplat fixed in "FredoTools v3.1g - 11 Nov 17" release?

                                It still occur on some of my machines!

                                Any suggestion is much appreciated.

                                1 Reply Last reply
                                Reply Quote 0
                                • fredo6F
                                  fredo6
                                  last edited by

                                  NEW RELEASE: FredoTools v3.2a - 24 Feb 18

                                  FredoTools 3.2a is about bug fixing and introduction of FaceTriangulator.

                                  See FredoTools plugin home page for Download.

                                  See also main post of this thread for User Discussion.

                                  Fredo

                                  1 Reply Last reply
                                  Reply Quote 0
                                  • fredo6F
                                    fredo6
                                    last edited by

                                    NEW RELEASE: FredoTools v3.2b - 27 Feb 18

                                    FredoTools 3.2b is about a small adjustment in FaceTriangulator and some bug fixing.

                                    See FredoTools plugin home page for Download.

                                    See also main post of this thread for User Discussion.

                                    Fredo

                                    1 Reply Last reply
                                    Reply Quote 0
                                    • R
                                      rv1974
                                      last edited by

                                      May I ask, what is the main purpose of triangulator?

                                      1 Reply Last reply
                                      Reply Quote 0
                                      • fredo6F
                                        fredo6
                                        last edited by

                                        @rv1974 said:

                                        May I ask, what is the main purpose of triangulator?

                                        Just to divide a face into triangles, which is useful in some situations. Actually FaceTriangulator is just a byproduct of another plugin to come.

                                        Note that there exists other plugins for face trinagulation (at least one by TIG). FaceTriangulator gives the same result, but you can impose triangulation points as Construction Points on the face.

                                        Fredo

                                        1 Reply Last reply
                                        Reply Quote 0
                                        • Mousa_SAM
                                          Mousa_SA
                                          last edited by

                                          @fredo6 said:

                                          NEW RELEASE: FredoTools v3.2b - 27 Feb 18

                                          FredoTools 3.2b is about a small adjustment in FaceTriangulator and some bug fixing.

                                          See FredoTools plugin home page for Download.

                                          See also main post of this thread for User Discussion.

                                          Fredo

                                          Fredo, I installed this update, but SketchUp still crash when I launch the Thrupaint.

                                          1 Reply Last reply
                                          Reply Quote 0
                                          • fredo6F
                                            fredo6
                                            last edited by

                                            @mousa_sa said:

                                            Fredo, I installed this update, but SketchUp still crash when I launch the Thrupaint.

                                            Which version of Sketchup? Your profile says SU2016.

                                            Fredo

                                            1 Reply Last reply
                                            Reply Quote 0

                                            Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                            Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                            With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                                            Register Login
                                            • 1
                                            • 2
                                            • 9
                                            • 10
                                            • 11
                                            • 12
                                            • 13
                                            • 23
                                            • 24
                                            • 11 / 24
                                            • First post
                                              Last post
                                            Buy SketchPlus
                                            Buy SUbD
                                            Buy WrapR
                                            Buy eBook
                                            Buy Modelur
                                            Buy Vertex Tools
                                            Buy SketchCuisine
                                            Buy FormFonts

                                            Advertisement