sketchucation logo sketchucation
    • Login
    Oops, your profile's looking a bit empty! To help us tailor your experience, please fill in key details like your SketchUp version, skill level, operating system, and more. Update and save your info on your profile page today!
    ⚠️ Update | Sketchucation Tools 5.0.8 released with licensing improvements and bugfixes Download

    Broad Leys - Windemere

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Gallery
    15 Posts 10 Posters 979 Views 10 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • daleD
      dale
      last edited by

      Once again, wow!

      Just monkeying around....like Monsanto

      1 Reply Last reply
      Reply Quote 0
      • srxS
        srx
        last edited by

        Great.

        www.saurus.rs

        1 Reply Last reply
        Reply Quote 0
        • pbacotP
          pbacot
          last edited by

          John,

          Ah yes, VERY COOL. Thank you for taking this up. I knew Voysey's houses would be great for you to do, but this is even nicer than expected. One of your best, IMO!

          I especially like the subtle shadows on the plaster, and the roof.

          Peter

          MacOSX MojaveSketchUp Pro v19 Twilight v2 Thea v3 PowerCADD

          1 Reply Last reply
          Reply Quote 0
          • numbthumbN
            numbthumb
            last edited by

            Beautiful work!
            I knew it was only a matter of time before something like this popped up 😉

            Comfortably numb...

            1 Reply Last reply
            Reply Quote 0
            • S
              SketchUpNoobie
              last edited by

              This render seems to have some subtle differences in style from your other renders. I love it. 👍

              --

              SketchUpNoobie: the complete noob in all things SketchUp.

              1 Reply Last reply
              Reply Quote 0
              • tademaT
                tadema
                last edited by

                Thank you everyone. TIG I spotted the chimneys as soon as I looked at the render, always manage to lop something off! luckily I'm not a surgeon. Peter, I spent a lot of time reading up on Voysey, seemed quite ahead of his time (design wise). Numbthumb could you point me to the link for the home page you posted if possible. John I think it differs because it lacks brick or stone, Grrr I hate render.
                John

                1 Reply Last reply
                Reply Quote 0
                • numbthumbN
                  numbthumb
                  last edited by

                  I´m not really sure about the home page, but you should check out http://www.gotik-romanik.de/ in any case.
                  Lots of interesting stuff there. Hope you´ll find it useful.

                  Comfortably numb...

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Reply Quote 0
                  • TIGT
                    TIG Moderator
                    last edited by

                    Your thread set me off on a strange path of my own with an unexpected outcome...
                    The Voysey house reminded me very strongly of a house that my late great-uncle's son bought and refurbished some years ago - wonderful site on an escarpment, and a finely detailed and apportioned house and grounds... As with families we had lost touch over the years... I decided to look up the house on the interweb... and indeed I found it quite easily [The Mansion, Laughton Hills, Leics]. Now the surprise... as an unexpected 'extra' I discovered that my second-cousin had died just a few days ago, and I read his obit on the local paper's site! He was an ex-navy, 85 year-old vegetarian-restaurant-chain-owner, bee-keeper, renown jazz-trumpeter and good all-round chap! - Ivan 'Sonny' Monk [RIP] 😄

                    TIG

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Reply Quote 0
                    • tademaT
                      tadema
                      last edited by

                      Numbthumb, thank you that's the site. Now for 2 days browsing it! 👍
                      TIG, sorry to hear about your second cousin, he may have bequeathed you the trumpet 😮 Charles Voysey built (designed) a house in Laughton Hills c1920 http://www.imagesofengland.org.uk/Details/Default.aspx?id=191356&mode=quick not sure if it's the same property.
                      John

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Reply Quote 0
                      • TIGT
                        TIG Moderator
                        last edited by

                        That's the very house! That's the front/side - the rear with terracing is much more attractive...
                        [They are from the rich side of the family!! BUT he did make all his own wealth.]L191356.jpg© Mr Andy Haigh

                        TIG

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Reply Quote 0

                        Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                        Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                        With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                        Register Login
                        • 1 / 1
                        • First post
                          Last post
                        Buy SketchPlus
                        Buy SUbD
                        Buy WrapR
                        Buy eBook
                        Buy Modelur
                        Buy Vertex Tools
                        Buy SketchCuisine
                        Buy FormFonts

                        Advertisement