sketchucation logo sketchucation
    • Login
    Oops, your profile's looking a bit empty! To help us tailor your experience, please fill in key details like your SketchUp version, skill level, operating system, and more. Update and save your info on your profile page today!
    ⚠️ Update | Sketchucation Tools 5.0.8 released with licensing improvements and bugfixes Download

    Collection of my SketchUp + LayOut Work

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Gallery
    42 Posts 21 Posters 34.7k Views 21 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • pbacotP
      pbacot
      last edited by

      Mike,

      Thanks for posting. This looks great. I will have to come back and see more detail.

      In terms of SU modelling: Right now working on a steel frame. Where do you usually start with your steel beams? Since mine is full (tapering) frame and only a preliminary I will probably make a profile of the whole wall to wall frame and push pull a reasonable likeness of the web and flanges--the dimensions of the building being the most important / most known element at this point.

      Peter

      MacOSX MojaveSketchUp Pro v19 Twilight v2 Thea v3 PowerCADD

      1 Reply Last reply
      Reply Quote 0
      • bmikeB
        bmike
        last edited by

        @pbacot said:

        Mike,

        Thanks for posting. This looks great. I will have to come back and see more detail.

        In terms of SU modelling: Right now working on a steel frame. Where do you usually start with your steel beams? Since mine is full (tapering) frame and only a preliminary I will probably make a profile of the whole wall to wall frame and push pull a reasonable likeness of the web and flanges--the dimensions of the building being the most important / most known element at this point.

        Peter

        I usually do a quick model until the details / sizes are pinned down, then adjust and model accordingly.
        I use the Bolt Maker Plugin to generate the bolts / nuts.

        Working on another small building now. Just got it back from the engineer with updated sizing for floor girders and principle steel roof rafters. I'll be giving it similar treatment as this (copying in some of it actually...).

        mike beganyi design + consulting llc

        1 Reply Last reply
        Reply Quote 0
        • RichardR
          Richard
          last edited by

          Yelling with appreciation! STUNNING WORK MATE!!!!!!!!

          Clean, clear and so easily read and understood!

          BUILTBRAND.COM.AU

          1 Reply Last reply
          Reply Quote 0
          • pilouP
            pilou
            last edited by

            😲 β˜€
            Many more in colors here πŸ˜‰

            http://mcnorlander.files.wordpress.com/2011/07/open-saw.jpg?w=746&h=1181

            Frenchy Pilou
            Is beautiful that please without concept!
            My Little site :)

            1 Reply Last reply
            Reply Quote 0
            • pilouP
              pilou
              last edited by

              😎

              By Bmike

              [flash=560,315:1v08qvl1]http://www.youtube.com/v/fFIR6oQPny8[/flash:1v08qvl1]

              Frenchy Pilou
              Is beautiful that please without concept!
              My Little site :)

              1 Reply Last reply
              Reply Quote 0
              • bmikeB
                bmike
                last edited by

                @richard said:

                Yelling with appreciation! STUNNING WORK MATE!!!!!!!!

                Clean, clear and so easily read and understood!

                Thanks Richard!

                mike beganyi design + consulting llc

                1 Reply Last reply
                Reply Quote 0
                • bmikeB
                  bmike
                  last edited by

                  Thanks Pilou!

                  I need to work on Part 2... have to find quiet time to sit and record and edit.

                  mike beganyi design + consulting llc

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Reply Quote 0
                  • bmikeB
                    bmike
                    last edited by

                    This:

                    roundbarn-upperroof.jpg

                    Came from the drawings I posted earlier:

                    roundbarn-screen.png

                    mike beganyi design + consulting llc

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Reply Quote 0
                    • pbacotP
                      pbacot
                      last edited by

                      That's great!. I hope we see more of the overall structure as it goes along. I'd expect to see more snow on the ground.

                      MacOSX MojaveSketchUp Pro v19 Twilight v2 Thea v3 PowerCADD

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Reply Quote 0
                      • RichardR
                        Richard
                        last edited by

                        WOWWWWWW! That's looking AMAZING mate! Looking forward to watching the progress. πŸ˜„

                        BUILTBRAND.COM.AU

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Reply Quote 0
                        • S
                          Sketch007
                          last edited by

                          I watched you Timber Framing at basecamp video. You used two plugins that look really helpful. The color coded one and the "white out." Are these not available to the public? They were only given out to people attending base camp? Are they available for purchase anywhere?

                          m@

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          Reply Quote 0
                          • Mike AmosM
                            Mike Amos
                            last edited by

                            Extremely nice illustrations, earned your money and then some.

                            Absentia mortis praesentiam vitae probat, vita autem est argumentum constantiae.

                            1 Reply Last reply
                            Reply Quote 0
                            • R
                              rodrigo_cerci
                              last edited by

                              Really awesome work man! Lots of stuff there πŸ˜„

                              1 Reply Last reply
                              Reply Quote 0
                              • bmikeB
                                bmike
                                last edited by

                                @sketch007 said:

                                I watched you Timber Framing at basecamp video. You used two plugins that look really helpful. The color coded one and the "white out." Are these not available to the public? They were only given out to people attending base camp? Are they available for purchase anywhere?

                                m@

                                Thanks.
                                TIG wrote WhiteOut for me.
                                SDMitch wrote the Color by Face plugin.

                                Both are members here - I'm sure they would share if asked!

                                mike beganyi design + consulting llc

                                1 Reply Last reply
                                Reply Quote 0
                                • bmikeB
                                  bmike
                                  last edited by

                                  @mike amos said:

                                  Extremely nice illustrations, earned your money and then some.

                                  Thanks. Early on I think I made wages at best... πŸ˜‰

                                  mike beganyi design + consulting llc

                                  1 Reply Last reply
                                  Reply Quote 0
                                  • L
                                    liam887
                                    last edited by

                                    Wow looks intense!

                                    VISIT MY ONLINE GALLERY
                                    http://www.robotsvdinosaurs.com/

                                    1 Reply Last reply
                                    Reply Quote 0

                                    Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                    Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                    With your input, this post could be even better πŸ’—

                                    Register Login
                                    • 1
                                    • 2
                                    • 3
                                    • 2 / 3
                                    • First post
                                      Last post
                                    Buy SketchPlus
                                    Buy SUbD
                                    Buy WrapR
                                    Buy eBook
                                    Buy Modelur
                                    Buy Vertex Tools
                                    Buy SketchCuisine
                                    Buy FormFonts

                                    Advertisement