sketchucation logo sketchucation
    • Login
    Oops, your profile's looking a bit empty! To help us tailor your experience, please fill in key details like your SketchUp version, skill level, operating system, and more. Update and save your info on your profile page today!
    โš ๏ธ Update | Sketchucation Tools 5.0.8 released with licensing improvements and bugfixes Download

    Render this: Rusted, busted old beaten up car

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Gallery
    49 Posts 23 Posters 6.2k Views 23 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • daleD
      dale
      last edited by

      When I try to export the model to Thea I am getting all these weird artifacts. I have done all the usual, purged unused, turned on hidden to see if there was anything, turned on hidden geometry to have a look, and run thomthoms Cleanup. Still have artifacts.
      Any suggestions?


      Screen shot 2011-06-17 at 8.53.38 AM.png

      Just monkeying around....like Monsanto

      1 Reply Last reply
      Reply Quote 0
      • soloS
        solo
        last edited by

        Strange, I exported model without doing any cleanup (as posted) and it's clean.


        thea screen.jpg

        http://www.solos-art.com

        If you see a toilet in your dreams do not use it.

        1 Reply Last reply
        Reply Quote 0
        • daleD
          dale
          last edited by

          Here is the .skp I was working with. All I did was add different colors so that I could identify and play with textures in Thea and set one scene.


          Austin[1]~.skp

          Just monkeying around....like Monsanto

          1 Reply Last reply
          Reply Quote 0
          • soloS
            solo
            last edited by

            Flawless, try exporting without checking model hierarchy.

            http://www.solos-art.com

            If you see a toilet in your dreams do not use it.

            1 Reply Last reply
            Reply Quote 0
            • daleD
              dale
              last edited by

              Ah, thanks Pete, that was it alright.

              Just monkeying around....like Monsanto

              1 Reply Last reply
              Reply Quote 0
              • G
                guy
                last edited by

                Quick test render. Can`t nail the glass though. ๐Ÿ˜ก


                AutoSave_Austin[1].png

                1 Reply Last reply
                Reply Quote 0
                • tademaT
                  tadema
                  last edited by

                  Guy, I'm not sure what texture you've applied for the glass but the standard gray glass in SU works great, adjust opacity in SU and reflection in your render app.
                  Recycled farm house model!
                  John


                  Rusty car and Farm House 20.jpg

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Reply Quote 0
                  • Bryan KB
                    Bryan K
                    last edited by

                    ๐Ÿ˜ฎ

                    See my portfolio at https://delphiscousin.blogspot.com/

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Reply Quote 0
                    • L
                      leminilab
                      last edited by

                      ๐Ÿ˜ฎ ๐Ÿ˜ฒ

                      • "Live every day as if it were your last and then some day you'll be right."
                      • "ThomThom rules!!!"
                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Reply Quote 0
                      • tademaT
                        tadema
                        last edited by

                        Told the wife that axle could never support her weight.....but as usual she always knows best


                        01.jpg

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Reply Quote 0
                        • daleD
                          dale
                          last edited by

                          John
                          That rendering with the old farmhouse is just brilliant.
                          Here's my contribution. Thea TR1 with PS post pro. This was a real challenge for me, and I hope I can play some more as I have really gained some knowledge.


                          Austin Render 2 copy.jpg

                          Just monkeying around....like Monsanto

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          Reply Quote 0
                          • tademaT
                            tadema
                            last edited by

                            Hello Dale, that looks great, I like the wheel on the back seat. "I hope I can play some more as I have really gained some knowledge." I don't think this is a time challenge thing, keep going.
                            John

                            1 Reply Last reply
                            Reply Quote 0
                            • soloS
                              solo
                              last edited by

                              Looking good so far guys, I'm hoping to get to play next week also (got some work at moment ๐ŸŽ‰ )

                              http://www.solos-art.com

                              If you see a toilet in your dreams do not use it.

                              1 Reply Last reply
                              Reply Quote 0
                              • tademaT
                                tadema
                                last edited by

                                2nd try, a little more beaten up.


                                Busted Austin 7.jpg

                                1 Reply Last reply
                                Reply Quote 0
                                • Bryan KB
                                  Bryan K
                                  last edited by

                                  Wow Dale. Nice one! Love the setting.

                                  John, another nice one!

                                  See my portfolio at https://delphiscousin.blogspot.com/

                                  1 Reply Last reply
                                  Reply Quote 0
                                  • daleD
                                    dale
                                    last edited by

                                    John, you keep raising the bar ๐Ÿ˜„
                                    Great stuff.

                                    Just monkeying around....like Monsanto

                                    1 Reply Last reply
                                    Reply Quote 0
                                    • Alan FraserA
                                      Alan Fraser
                                      last edited by

                                      This is pretty grungy. ๐Ÿ˜‰


                                      grungy.jpg

                                      3D Figures
                                      Were you required to walk 500 miles? Were you advised to walk 500 more?
                                      You could be entitled to compensation. Call the Pro Claimers now!

                                      1 Reply Last reply
                                      Reply Quote 0
                                      • GwyattG
                                        Gwyatt
                                        last edited by

                                        I didnt do some thing as flash as your guys but for the fun factor, used a idea from Boyd Coddington Rat car concept.


                                        car1.jpg


                                        car3.jpg


                                        car7.jpg


                                        car5.jpg


                                        car2.jpg

                                        1 Reply Last reply
                                        Reply Quote 0
                                        • tademaT
                                          tadema
                                          last edited by

                                          Gavin, nice one. The main thing about SU is, it should be fun as well as being a great piece of kit. Keep posting.
                                          John

                                          1 Reply Last reply
                                          Reply Quote 0
                                          • V
                                            Vicspa
                                            last edited by

                                            Here's a quick render in Thea, before the graffiti hits it.


                                            render1 copy.jpg

                                            1 Reply Last reply
                                            Reply Quote 0

                                            Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                            Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                            With your input, this post could be even better ๐Ÿ’—

                                            Register Login
                                            • 1
                                            • 2
                                            • 3
                                            • 3 / 3
                                            • First post
                                              Last post
                                            Buy SketchPlus
                                            Buy SUbD
                                            Buy WrapR
                                            Buy eBook
                                            Buy Modelur
                                            Buy Vertex Tools
                                            Buy SketchCuisine
                                            Buy FormFonts

                                            Advertisement