sketchucation logo sketchucation
    • Login
    Oops, your profile's looking a bit empty! To help us tailor your experience, please fill in key details like your SketchUp version, skill level, operating system, and more. Update and save your info on your profile page today!
    ⚠️ Update | Sketchucation Tools 5.0.8 released with licensing improvements and bugfixes Download

    Home 1

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Gallery
    30 Posts 14 Posters 5.4k Views 14 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • pmolsonP
      pmolson
      last edited by

      Solo,
      Thanks.

      As for the images you directed me towards...
      Wow!
      I am not surprised though, I have eyeballed your stuff
      here and on other forums and it is always as good as it gets.

      p

      1 Reply Last reply
      Reply Quote 0
      • pmolsonP
        pmolson
        last edited by

        In progress images:
        view as in  rendering image aboveview as in rendered image above

        1 Reply Last reply
        Reply Quote 0
        • david57D
          david57
          last edited by

          Look very good, nice models and renders.

          1 Reply Last reply
          Reply Quote 0
          • pmolsonP
            pmolson
            last edited by

            @david57 said:

            Look very good, nice models and renders.

            Thank You David.

            1 Reply Last reply
            Reply Quote 0
            • pmolsonP
              pmolson
              last edited by

              %(#FF4040)[*"I will post some images of the home during construction.

              If any of you have images of models and the finished
              real world building I think it would be interesting to
              see them posted side by side."*]

              Here are some shots of the home taken today.
              Hope to have the owners in by xmas.

              1008-1.jpg1008-2.jpg1008-3.jpg1008-4.jpg

              Looks kind of like the Model πŸ˜›

              1 Reply Last reply
              Reply Quote 0
              • S
                sepo
                last edited by

                Paul these are very good images πŸ‘

                1 Reply Last reply
                Reply Quote 0
                • pilouP
                  pilou
                  last edited by

                  Reality catches up the fiction! β˜€

                  Frenchy Pilou
                  Is beautiful that please without concept!
                  My Little site :)

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Reply Quote 0
                  • pmolsonP
                    pmolson
                    last edited by

                    Thanks Sepo & Pilou!

                    p

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Reply Quote 0
                    • HumpmetwiceH
                      Humpmetwice
                      last edited by

                      Awesome!

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Reply Quote 0
                      • pmolsonP
                        pmolson
                        last edited by

                        Thanks Kurt!

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Reply Quote 0
                        • C
                          cadmunkey
                          last edited by

                          I love seeing these 'model to reality' type threads. Congrats on a job well done.

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          Reply Quote 0
                          • pmolsonP
                            pmolson
                            last edited by

                            @cadmunkey said:

                            I love seeing these 'model to reality' type threads. Congrats on a job well done.

                            Thank you.
                            Very kind of you to say.

                            p

                            1 Reply Last reply
                            Reply Quote 0
                            • pmolsonP
                              pmolson
                              last edited by

                              Thought I would mention that the working drawings shown in the photo above of the
                              elevations were generated with the su model. I exported elevation views
                              from sketchup in dwg format, then opened them with Archicad to do the notes and hatching
                              and such. The su model export is surprisingly clean and works well for blocking
                              out the elevations.

                              FYI

                              1 Reply Last reply
                              Reply Quote 0
                              • soloS
                                solo
                                last edited by

                                Funny thing, I was on a clients construction site last week as they are building a project I did the visuals for, anyway I sent him the model a while back and he sent it to his framer who knew enough about SU to take it into layout and setup/print so that he was able to build from plans he got from SU (the stair details). I thought that was awesome, as framers I usually deal with can only see 2D and SU models scare them, he was talking about getting SU on his ipad for future jobs, I could not comment as I was not sure it's even possible.

                                http://www.solos-art.com

                                If you see a toilet in your dreams do not use it.

                                1 Reply Last reply
                                Reply Quote 0
                                • pmolsonP
                                  pmolson
                                  last edited by

                                  @solo said:

                                  framer who knew enough about SU to take it into layout and setup/print

                                  Wow! Hopefully not too many framers will learn...I will be out of a job.

                                  Sketch up is actually a very good fit for framers if they can get over the
                                  technology hump. Modeling details is about as real world as it gets without making
                                  sawdust.
                                  I see a day when there are large screen interactive displays on the job site
                                  for the tradesman to work from. Real time conferencing between the office and the
                                  job site. Really...I beleive this will happen, even in the residential field.
                                  (Hammer proof screens and input devices will be a must.)

                                  p

                                  1 Reply Last reply
                                  Reply Quote 0
                                  • pmolsonP
                                    pmolson
                                    last edited by

                                    This thread started a little over a year ago. At that time I promised
                                    a finished photo of the home.

                                    Here it is. Our clients are settled in and happy.The renderFinished Home

                                    I have three other threads that were started about the same time a year or so ago and each one of those are being finished up.
                                    I will post those finished shots as well.

                                    Thanks for your interest and comments along the way.

                                    Paul

                                    1 Reply Last reply
                                    Reply Quote 0
                                    • D
                                      d12dozr
                                      last edited by

                                      Very cool Paul, you did an excellent job representing the real home in your render πŸ‘

                                      3D Printing with SketchUp Book
                                      http://goo.gl/f7ooYh

                                      1 Reply Last reply
                                      Reply Quote 0
                                      • pbacotP
                                        pbacot
                                        last edited by

                                        Very inspiring! Renderings that look like photos and photos that look like rendering. Beautiful house (and site!).

                                        In regards to framers, I once had a contractor take my 2D CAD file and develop 3D framing plans with connectors and all. He said he always models before he builds.

                                        Thanks for the notes on SU to working drawings workflow. Always helpful to see what others are doing.

                                        Thanks for posting,

                                        Peter

                                        MacOSX MojaveSketchUp Pro v19 Twilight v2 Thea v3 PowerCADD

                                        1 Reply Last reply
                                        Reply Quote 0
                                        • Bryan KB
                                          Bryan K
                                          last edited by

                                          Wow. Just... wow.

                                          I too, would like to say thanks for the progress updates.

                                          Well done. πŸ‘

                                          See my portfolio at https://delphiscousin.blogspot.com/

                                          1 Reply Last reply
                                          Reply Quote 0
                                          • O
                                            Openspaces
                                            last edited by

                                            An architect's dream come alive!!........ A well thought out process. Bravo! πŸŽ‰

                                            1 Reply Last reply
                                            Reply Quote 0

                                            Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                            Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                            With your input, this post could be even better πŸ’—

                                            Register Login
                                            • 1
                                            • 2
                                            • 1 / 2
                                            • First post
                                              Last post
                                            Buy SketchPlus
                                            Buy SUbD
                                            Buy WrapR
                                            Buy eBook
                                            Buy Modelur
                                            Buy Vertex Tools
                                            Buy SketchCuisine
                                            Buy FormFonts

                                            Advertisement