sketchucation logo sketchucation
    • Login
    Oops, your profile's looking a bit empty! To help us tailor your experience, please fill in key details like your SketchUp version, skill level, operating system, and more. Update and save your info on your profile page today!
    โš ๏ธ Update | Sketchucation Tools 5.0.8 released with licensing improvements and bugfixes Download

    .mid century remodel. ::updated 12.15.11::

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Gallery
    22 Posts 14 Posters 4.1k Views 14 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • marked001M
      marked001
      last edited by marked001

      another rush job.... about 4 hours of modelling on this today.. renovation of a 'typical' ranch house into something resembling a mid century modern house...

      *edit... this project is finally under construction so we decided to do a better image for a construction sign.. twilight + pshop

      *edit... construction photos addded to last post.

      http://img809.imageshack.us/img809/8953/lungrenrender051811.png

      http://img251.imageshack.us/img251/7496/lungrenresv1030110.jpg

      http://img202.imageshack.us/img202/6881/lungrenresv2030110.jpg

      http://img28.imageshack.us/img28/4415/lungrenresv8030110.jpg

      http://img690.imageshack.us/img690/8443/lungrenresv7030110.jpg

      http://img408.imageshack.us/img408/5526/lungrenresv4030110.jpg

      http://www.revision21vis.com

      instagram: revi21on

      1 Reply Last reply
      Reply Quote 0
      • jim smithJ
        jim smith
        last edited by

        Nice job, especially for four hours.
        Any "before" pics. for comparison with the makeover?

        "Out of clutter find simplicity,
        from discord find harmony,
        In the middle of difficulty lies opportunity"
        Albert Einstein

        1 Reply Last reply
        Reply Quote 0
        • X
          xrok1
          last edited by

          looks a little institutional for me, but never the less, nice job.

          โ€œThere are three classes of people: those who see. Those who see when they are shown. Those who do not see.โ€

          http://www.Twilightrender.com try it!

          1 Reply Last reply
          Reply Quote 0
          • marked001M
            marked001
            last edited by

            not my design... just responsible for the model/images

            http://www.revision21vis.com

            instagram: revi21on

            1 Reply Last reply
            Reply Quote 0
            • boofredlayB
              boofredlay
              last edited by

              Nice work Jason. I have to say though, my first thought was the Incredibles house ๐Ÿ˜„

              http://www.apartmenttherapy.com/uimages/la/043308_theincredibles1.jpg

              http://www.coroflot.com/boofredlay

              1 Reply Last reply
              Reply Quote 0
              • marked001M
                marked001
                last edited by

                haha...totally..love that house in the incredibles.

                http://www.revision21vis.com

                instagram: revi21on

                1 Reply Last reply
                Reply Quote 0
                • olisheaO
                  olishea
                  last edited by

                  lovely style and an elegant architecture ๐Ÿ‘

                  verticals!! ๐Ÿค“

                  oli

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Reply Quote 0
                  • Bryan KB
                    Bryan K
                    last edited by

                    Nice work. I love that style! I really miss that modernist design. Much like Eichlers.

                    http://www.eichlersocal.com/floorplans/FPindex1.htm
                    http://www.eichlersocal.com/tmbgallery.htm

                    See my portfolio at https://delphiscousin.blogspot.com/

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Reply Quote 0
                    • numbthumbN
                      numbthumb
                      last edited by

                      Really nice, clean, and elegant work indeed! ๐Ÿ‘

                      Comfortably numb...

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Reply Quote 0
                      • marked001M
                        marked001
                        last edited by

                        updated first post with latest image...

                        http://img809.imageshack.us/img809/8953/lungrenrender051811.png

                        http://www.revision21vis.com

                        instagram: revi21on

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Reply Quote 0
                        • srxS
                          srx
                          last edited by

                          Good design and presentation.

                          www.saurus.rs

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          Reply Quote 0
                          • S
                            ScottPara
                            last edited by

                            I have to say I am torn at the use of photoreal and an artsy background the 2 conflict to me. All in all I like the house design, I am just not sold on the composition.

                            Scott

                            Love the fact that some HATE my avatar.....

                            1 Reply Last reply
                            Reply Quote 0
                            • DanielD
                              Daniel
                              last edited by

                              I always find your work inspiring, Jason. this one is no exception.
                              I'm curious - how are the boards projecting out over the entrance door (image 5) supported, and what gives them lateral stability?

                              My avatar is an anachronism.

                              1 Reply Last reply
                              Reply Quote 0
                              • marked001M
                                marked001
                                last edited by

                                scott... I was waiting to see if anyone had a reaction to it.. I was unsure about it too....but the background was already there, so I figured I'd give it a go... probably won't go that route again, but its also not the end of the world ๐Ÿ˜„

                                daniel.. there's a support going across underneath them.. which is shown as metal, but in reality will end up being wood.... and there will be simpson strong ties attaching the boards to that.

                                http://www.revision21vis.com

                                instagram: revi21on

                                1 Reply Last reply
                                Reply Quote 0
                                • Bryan KB
                                  Bryan K
                                  last edited by

                                  Er, can I drool now? That is one serious update of Eichler's style and I love it!

                                  See my portfolio at https://delphiscousin.blogspot.com/

                                  1 Reply Last reply
                                  Reply Quote 0
                                  • marked001M
                                    marked001
                                    last edited by

                                    this project has finally begun... it was slow slow to start and now construction is going just as slow for some reason. here are a few pics of the progress though..

                                    04.04.jpg

                                    100_6881.JPG

                                    100_6884.JPG

                                    http://www.revision21vis.com

                                    instagram: revi21on

                                    1 Reply Last reply
                                    Reply Quote 0
                                    • F
                                      fabiorossi
                                      last edited by

                                      the composition is good but the render must be reviewed in some things:
                                      more realistic lighting; bakground possibly related to the place where the composition will take place: no tiling effect in the grass, and I think a night render could be really great .Congratulations for the buildings!

                                      my blog
                                      http://progettin3d.blogspot.com/

                                      1 Reply Last reply
                                      Reply Quote 0
                                      • P
                                        peterward
                                        last edited by

                                        Love design and elegant structure.

                                        1 Reply Last reply
                                        Reply Quote 0
                                        • KrisidiousK
                                          Krisidious
                                          last edited by

                                          Ahhh making the world a better place. Keep the photos coming.

                                          By: Kristoff Rand
                                          Home DesignerUnique House Plans

                                          1 Reply Last reply
                                          Reply Quote 0
                                          • BoxB
                                            Box
                                            last edited by

                                            I imagine after three years the garden should have grown in nicely.

                                            1 Reply Last reply
                                            Reply Quote 0

                                            Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                            Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                            With your input, this post could be even better ๐Ÿ’—

                                            Register Login
                                            • 1
                                            • 2
                                            • 1 / 2
                                            • First post
                                              Last post
                                            Buy SketchPlus
                                            Buy SUbD
                                            Buy WrapR
                                            Buy eBook
                                            Buy Modelur
                                            Buy Vertex Tools
                                            Buy SketchCuisine
                                            Buy FormFonts

                                            Advertisement