sketchucation logo sketchucation
    • Login
    Oops, your profile's looking a bit empty! To help us tailor your experience, please fill in key details like your SketchUp version, skill level, operating system, and more. Update and save your info on your profile page today!
    ⚠️ Update | Sketchucation Tools 5.0.8 released with licensing improvements and bugfixes Download

    Error: private method `gsub!' called for nil:NilClass

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Newbie Forum
    sketchup
    3 Posts 2 Posters 1.8k Views 2 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • A
      atarax
      last edited by

      I just happily installed SketchUp on my Linux machine using Wine. Freedom from Windows is getting closer... But when I start SketchUp I get an error saying:

      Error on loading the file dynamiccomponents.rb
      private method `gsub!' called for nil:NilClass

      I can click OK and use the program, but of course I am not sure if everything will run smoothly now. Does anyone know what this error means, how I can fix it, and what the consequence is of running SketchUp despite of this error?

      Thx!

      1 Reply Last reply
      Reply Quote 0
      • GaieusG
        Gaieus
        last edited by

        Well, dynamic components are a new thing in SU 7 but SU will otherwise run without them. You can make sure they are disabled in Preferences > Extensions and the error won't pop up again.

        As for how you could fix this to be able to work with DC's, I have no clue.

        Gai...

        1 Reply Last reply
        Reply Quote 0
        • A
          atarax
          last edited by

          thank you for your reply. extensions are already disabled, still the error appears. but anyway, i don't think i will use it.

          1 Reply Last reply
          Reply Quote 0

          Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

          Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

          With your input, this post could be even better 💗

          Register Login
          • 1 / 1
          • First post
            Last post
          Buy SketchPlus
          Buy SUbD
          Buy WrapR
          Buy eBook
          Buy Modelur
          Buy Vertex Tools
          Buy SketchCuisine
          Buy FormFonts

          Advertisement