sketchucation logo sketchucation
    • Login
    Oops, your profile's looking a bit empty! To help us tailor your experience, please fill in key details like your SketchUp version, skill level, operating system, and more. Update and save your info on your profile page today!
    ⚠️ Update | Sketchucation Tools 5.0.8 released with licensing improvements and bugfixes Download

    RAILWAY DRAWING

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Gallery
    274 Posts 42 Posters 123.8k Views 42 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • D
      dolphus
      last edited by

      The extractor fans of the loco

      http://i458.photobucket.com/albums/qq304/dolphus_006/EMDSD70MACfans.png

      1 Reply Last reply
      Reply Quote 0
      • D
        dolphus
        last edited by

        I recieved a whole bunch of South African Railways Locomotives drawings but am confused and not sure who sent them to me numthum or Gaieus so i must thank both of you or the one that sent the plans ...very much appreciated i will start working my way through them....watch this space ... once more thank you very much

        1 Reply Last reply
        Reply Quote 0
        • D
          dolphus
          last edited by

          http://i458.photobucket.com/albums/qq304/dolphus_006/E51.png

          I got so excited looking at the plans of the SAR locos that i just had to start on one this is the E5 1 electric loco ( i saw hundreds of them pulling anything from freight to passesger trains when i was still young and good looking).......brings a big lump to my throat.....here is the start .......watch this space

          http://i458.photobucket.com/albums/qq304/dolphus_006/Class5E1.png

          http://i458.photobucket.com/albums/qq304/dolphus_006/Class5E1a.png

          http://i458.photobucket.com/albums/qq304/dolphus_006/Class5E1b.png

          1 Reply Last reply
          Reply Quote 0
          • numbthumbN
            numbthumb
            last edited by

            I wish I had your enthusiasm and dedication to details, dolphus.
            Keep it up. And I will watch this space for sure. πŸ‘

            Comfortably numb...

            1 Reply Last reply
            Reply Quote 0
            • axeonaliasA
              axeonalias
              last edited by

              Hehe seen alot of these, They are still around Dolfus armed with Salt air Rifles,burns like crazy if they catch u walking around on the lines hehe

              https://sketchfab.com/Axeonalias

              1 Reply Last reply
              Reply Quote 0
              • D
                dolphus
                last edited by

                Numthumb thanks for the plans and the flattering remarks.....working on first loco
                Matius you are not supposed to climb the fence into the rail reserve....naughty naughty,,,,

                1 Reply Last reply
                Reply Quote 0
                • D
                  dolphus
                  last edited by

                  Class 5E 1 Progress ....Front right section

                  http://i458.photobucket.com/albums/qq304/dolphus_006/Class5E1c.png

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Reply Quote 0
                  • D
                    dolphus
                    last edited by

                    Started work on the bogies

                    http://i458.photobucket.com/albums/qq304/dolphus_006/Class5E1bogies.png

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Reply Quote 0
                    • D
                      dolphus
                      last edited by

                      Thanks for the complement James, mostly i model from scratch but that is because my computer,s filling system lets me down, and it is faster to start from scratch, the advantage of doimg the same thing again normallt leads to a improved product
                      ( i shpuld take a month offand sort my s**t out)

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Reply Quote 0
                      • ken28875K
                        ken28875
                        last edited by

                        Hi Dolf,

                        I missed that thread before. Just found out about your train stuff. Very nice. I'll make sure to follow this thread.

                        Looking forward to seeing the finished model.

                        Best,

                        _KN

                        Follow Your Dreams.

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Reply Quote 0
                        • S
                          systematic_mechanic
                          last edited by

                          Hi, Dolf and everyone else.

                          I found this site and this post while researching Trains.
                          Your work here Dolf inspired me to get Sketch Up and try and
                          model some sort of train related thing like a Box Car, Flat Bed,
                          or maybe a Tanker.

                          I spent this whole weekend gathering reference material
                          about or of Trains in particular Trucks or if you prefer Bogies
                          because I figured that would be the best place to start a train modeling project.
                          Start from the ground up right? 😎

                          While I admit I don't really know Sketch Up all
                          that well I have been doing computer graphics on
                          and off for 11 years.


                          If you guys want I can give you all my reference
                          images and drawings.Maybe they will be of so help to you?

                          In return all I ask is that you just use them as reference
                          and education because all of it is from the web and also you share
                          with me any information you might have that will help me model the
                          objects required to complete the 3D train model like a Flat Bed Car
                          for example.


                          Kind Regards,
                          Jeff Andrews

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          Reply Quote 0
                          • D
                            d12dozr
                            last edited by

                            Great updates, Dolphus

                            @dolphus said:

                            Liam are you going to volunteer?

                            I'd like to try rendering one of these...if you want, send to email deleted.

                            3D Printing with SketchUp Book
                            http://goo.gl/f7ooYh

                            1 Reply Last reply
                            Reply Quote 0
                            • A
                              amismej
                              last edited by

                              Hello I'm new member,I'm studying railway engineering and I'm realy interested in railway disk brake and pad.so would you mind sending me best drawings and references of disk brake and pad for modeling this system in solidwork ? tnx

                              1 Reply Last reply
                              Reply Quote 0
                              • bazB
                                baz
                                last edited by

                                @amismej said:

                                Hello I'm new member,I'm studying railway engineering and I'm realy interested in railway disk brake and pad.so would you mind sending me best drawings and references of disk brake and pad for modeling this system in solidwork ? tnx

                                This is your first post and already asking for gratuitous serious work by the members here. You might do better if you simply asked for some direction as to references in your field of interest.
                                This is a friendly forum, but please....

                                baz

                                1 Reply Last reply
                                Reply Quote 0
                                • hellnbakH
                                  hellnbak
                                  last edited by

                                  Just found this thread. Incredible work Dolf!! Amazing detail, and I like detail. πŸ‘ πŸ‘

                                  "Politicians are just like diapers -- they need to be changed often, and for the same reason"

                                  1 Reply Last reply
                                  Reply Quote 0
                                  • pilouP
                                    pilou
                                    last edited by

                                    [flash=560,315:36dk9w4k]http://www.youtube.com/v/hiHLs18UVp8[/flash:36dk9w4k]

                                    La douce πŸ˜‰

                                    Frenchy Pilou
                                    Is beautiful that please without concept!
                                    My Little site :)

                                    1 Reply Last reply
                                    Reply Quote 0
                                    • Bryan KB
                                      Bryan K
                                      last edited by

                                      What a coincidence. I was just thinking about dolph and his excellent train designs the other day.

                                      BTW, where is he?

                                      See my portfolio at https://delphiscousin.blogspot.com/

                                      1 Reply Last reply
                                      Reply Quote 0
                                      • chrisglasierC
                                        chrisglasier
                                        last edited by

                                        @bryan k said:

                                        What a coincidence ...

                                        ... and I have been making some tracks to run them on. When a bit more developed I will link up with Sketchup to provide 3D close ups to show off locos, stations, cuttings and so on, something like Street view and Google maps. For a look at what I have done to date open this in Chrome browser.

                                        With TBA interfaces we can analyse what is to be achieved so that IT can help with automation to achieve it.

                                        1 Reply Last reply
                                        Reply Quote 0
                                        • numbthumbN
                                          numbthumb
                                          last edited by

                                          @bryan k said:

                                          What a coincidence. I was just thinking about dolph and his excellent train designs the other day.

                                          BTW, where is he?

                                          404 Not Found

                                          favicon

                                          (forums.sketchucation.com)

                                          Comfortably numb...

                                          1 Reply Last reply
                                          Reply Quote 0
                                          • K
                                            kp1981_1
                                            last edited by

                                            Hello Dolphus,

                                            I chanced to see this post while i was searching on Google. I am sure a lot of effort has gone into doing this. Actually i am wrting my thesis and am wondering if it is ok with you if i use this picture. I think the will help me illustrate the Bogie pretty well.

                                            Have a Happy New Year.

                                            Rgards,

                                            KP

                                            1 Reply Last reply
                                            Reply Quote 0

                                            Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                            Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                            With your input, this post could be even better πŸ’—

                                            Register Login
                                            • 1
                                            • 2
                                            • 10
                                            • 11
                                            • 12
                                            • 13
                                            • 14
                                            • 13 / 14
                                            • First post
                                              Last post
                                            Buy SketchPlus
                                            Buy SUbD
                                            Buy WrapR
                                            Buy eBook
                                            Buy Modelur
                                            Buy Vertex Tools
                                            Buy SketchCuisine
                                            Buy FormFonts

                                            Advertisement