sketchucation logo sketchucation
    • Login
    Oops, your profile's looking a bit empty! To help us tailor your experience, please fill in key details like your SketchUp version, skill level, operating system, and more. Update and save your info on your profile page today!
    ⚠️ Update | Sketchucation Tools 5.0.8 released with licensing improvements and bugfixes Download

    Sketchup for Mac 10.3.9

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Newbie Forum
    sketchup
    7 Posts 6 Posters 3.1k Views 6 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • M
      mgordon
      last edited by

      Hi, I am new to sketchup, I am trying to download it to my laptop, unfortunately it is a little older and running on OS 10.3.9, does anyone know if there is a version of sketchup that will run on this system? Or does anyone have any other suggestions? Thanks! Melissa πŸ‘Š

      1 Reply Last reply
      Reply Quote 0
      • R
        remus
        last edited by

        If SU7 wont run, SU6 certainly should.

        http://remusrendering.wordpress.com/

        1 Reply Last reply
        Reply Quote 0
        • GaieusG
          Gaieus
          last edited by

          No, both SU 6 and 7 are suggested to be run on higher Mac OSX only. You could download SU 5 but only the Pro version is available on the official (public) website and SU 5 worked differently from 6 or 7 because when the pro expired, it didn't "degrade" into the free version (that time it was in fact two different programs and you could run both consecutively - now it's impossible).

          If you can put your hand on a SU 5 free (Beta) version for Mac, you can run it under 10.3.9. Maybe some folks around here still have that verion somewhere on their HD's (I only have the Windows version).

          Gai...

          1 Reply Last reply
          Reply Quote 0
          • GaieusG
            Gaieus
            last edited by

            Wll, I'm a PC guy and can only tell what I know from the "official" sources. Thanks though for chiming in and letting us know that it can work!

            Gai...

            1 Reply Last reply
            Reply Quote 0
            • B
              bertu
              last edited by

              Hi mgordon
              Sorry, I was wrong and sorry that I forgot. But when I updated to SU 5 I had to update to Tiger too.

              1 Reply Last reply
              Reply Quote 0
              • S
                sreudianflip
                last edited by

                Here some links I found for earlier versions that supposedly run on osx 10.3.9 :

                Free:
                http://mac.wareseeker.com/free-google-sketchup-for-mac-os-x-6.0.277/&ei=FdGqSYS2OYKEsAPps9XgDw&sig2=1D2kcG_MaLQM3Kl3Mt76zw&usg=AFQjCNFk6ZwmWnoIMN7dYCH9KaLtyranzA

                Pro:

                Link Preview Image
                Erreur!

                favicon

                (en.kioskea.net)

                1 Reply Last reply
                Reply Quote 0
                • A
                  Achttag
                  last edited by

                  I feel for you. I have been through all this.

                  I have managed to get Sketchup Pro 6 (version 6.4.245) to work with OS X 10.3.9 Panther. On a Pismo of all things. It is running in evaluation mode at the moment, I will keep you posted on whether it reverts to 'free' mode at the end of the 8 hours. Mind, beware of all the links you can find on a google search. Honestly, I don't know why they make it so difficult, without an easy to find 10.3.9 download up front on the main site it is all too easy to be driven into the welcome arms of cr**kers phreakers spammers and goodness knows what else.

                  Here is what I did, and its all from the official source too (note health warning above):

                  Download PM101494ENA.dmg from the google website. This is the Sketchup 6 Pro version I am using. It is on the page 'Downloading older versions', not an easy page to find, here is the link

                  http://www.google.com/support/sketchup/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=60107

                  Click on the link Google Sketchup Pro 6 <Mac OS X> to get the file and save it to your desktop.

                  Once it has downloaded, double click on it to unpack it. Open the unpacked file. DO NOT CLICK ON THE INSTALLER. This will complain about wrong OS X version. INSTEAD, right click on it (ctrl click) and then click on 'Show Package Contents' from the menu which pops up. This will launch a Contents folder, which you can then open and then install the individual packages (there are 4) individually. All very demure, no mention of wrong OS version this way.

                  Voila, enjoy. Worked for me, all appears to function as it should, your own mileage may vary, good luck.

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Reply Quote 0

                  Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                  Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                  With your input, this post could be even better πŸ’—

                  Register Login
                  • 1 / 1
                  • First post
                    Last post
                  Buy SketchPlus
                  Buy SUbD
                  Buy WrapR
                  Buy eBook
                  Buy Modelur
                  Buy Vertex Tools
                  Buy SketchCuisine
                  Buy FormFonts

                  Advertisement