sketchucation logo sketchucation
    • Login
    Oops, your profile's looking a bit empty! To help us tailor your experience, please fill in key details like your SketchUp version, skill level, operating system, and more. Update and save your info on your profile page today!
    ⚠️ Update | Sketchucation Tools 5.0.8 released with licensing improvements and bugfixes Download

    Rogue's W.I.P's!

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Gallery
    922 Posts 55 Posters 435.1k Views 55 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • J
      JaViXP
      last edited by

      Awesome. Same as Mr Planet - Wordless - 🎉

      "Giving up is way harder than trying"
      JaViXP's Rendering

      1 Reply Last reply
      Reply Quote 0
      • Roguer1R
        Roguer1
        last edited by

        Finally finished!

        This is a modern incarnation of the one off concept from Ford. In 1970 Ford showcased the Concept along with 5 other vehicles. The model was praised and the few fans said it would be one of the most looked at cars. It was rarely photographed and was long forgotten by most. After its showing the concept was crushed as was common practice. The resulting model was the 1971 Mustang, although the original inspiration was speculated as being the ‘69 Shelby Mustang. This modern Milano holds many of the same design features as the original but some changes are necessary for modernization. The engine would be a 450hp supercharged V8 mounted to the same underpinnings as the 2010 Shelby Mustang. This model was requested by Wolfgang, author at http://www.ponysite.de. The base model is the Trojan Cobra GT S. Note: You can move the front lights into place and delete the covers to show them. "The Rogue Generation"

        Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

        favicon

        (sketchup.google.com)

        2010 Rogue Milano.jpg
        2010 Rogue Milano front low lights.jpg
        2010 Rogue Milano side.jpg
        2010 Rogue Milano rear high.jpg

        Find all my models on the 3D Warehouse

        1 Reply Last reply
        Reply Quote 0
        • B
          BLANK
          last edited by

          I'm currently working on the renders (4/16 done). They'll be 1600x1200, but here's a preview. Now's the time to notify me for any changes (i.e lighting, colour etc) because I don't want to give my PC a hard time by making it churn out the the wrong renders.
          preview.jpg

          If only the Yakuza had heard of Australia... [url=http://sketchup.google.com/3dwarehouse/details?mid=cd46471677a3e490b8f4e95477ed5df:21uuz2ul]Ford Falcon sedan conversion[/url:21uuz2ul] [img:21uuz2ul]http://lh5.ggpht.com/_DXlDhsgmn6Q/S2Qi2PU4IJI/AAAAAAAAAuE/AqSICmCNiS4/s800/Untitled-1.jpg[/img:21uuz2ul]

          1 Reply Last reply
          Reply Quote 0
          • Roguer1R
            Roguer1
            last edited by

            Wow Shams, that’s looking really nice. I do appreciate what you’re doing very much 😄

            I just got a newer version of Hypershot, let’s see if it’ll work now
            EDIT: Yay! It works, absolutely no problems so far! But my texturing is a little sh!t

            Find all my models on the 3D Warehouse

            1 Reply Last reply
            Reply Quote 0
            • Roguer1R
              Roguer1
              last edited by

              Damn it! Why do my renders turn out crap! Shams, you need to show me all your settings 😉
              Milano.jpg

              Find all my models on the 3D Warehouse

              1 Reply Last reply
              Reply Quote 0
              • B
                BLANK
                last edited by

                I use the "whitestudio" light setup, but I turn off the background. That's about it I guess.

                If only the Yakuza had heard of Australia... [url=http://sketchup.google.com/3dwarehouse/details?mid=cd46471677a3e490b8f4e95477ed5df:21uuz2ul]Ford Falcon sedan conversion[/url:21uuz2ul] [img:21uuz2ul]http://lh5.ggpht.com/_DXlDhsgmn6Q/S2Qi2PU4IJI/AAAAAAAAAuE/AqSICmCNiS4/s800/Untitled-1.jpg[/img:21uuz2ul]

                1 Reply Last reply
                Reply Quote 0
                • Roguer1R
                  Roguer1
                  last edited by

                  I have tried that method but I think I’m doing the textures or render settings wrong. I have the render settings set to their defaults. Maybe it’s just my cr@p processor that can’t handle rendering. It seems to do the same thing no matter what program I use... 😞

                  Find all my models on the 3D Warehouse

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Reply Quote 0
                  • Roguer1R
                    Roguer1
                    last edited by

                    A little more work...
                    Ford Falcon Hardtop revision.jpg

                    Find all my models on the 3D Warehouse

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Reply Quote 0
                    • B
                      BLANK
                      last edited by

                      Awesome bonnet!

                      I got half the renders up: http://picasaweb.google.com/shamscalade/RogueMilanoWIP
                      Some aren't great... That's why I'm doing 16 so you can choose which ones you like and not run out of renders.

                      On your comment of the Paramount render, I don't really do anything special. I just use the same lighting setup every time. If the renders turn out fine, I'm lucky. If not, then I just retouch them with Photoshop. The retouches aren't huge, it's just brightening, darkening and blurring. For example, on the Paramount renders, the headlights turned out completely black for some reason. So all I did was lighten it up a bit.

                      Just tell me your procedures so I can check if they're similar to mine.

                      If only the Yakuza had heard of Australia... [url=http://sketchup.google.com/3dwarehouse/details?mid=cd46471677a3e490b8f4e95477ed5df:21uuz2ul]Ford Falcon sedan conversion[/url:21uuz2ul] [img:21uuz2ul]http://lh5.ggpht.com/_DXlDhsgmn6Q/S2Qi2PU4IJI/AAAAAAAAAuE/AqSICmCNiS4/s800/Untitled-1.jpg[/img:21uuz2ul]

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Reply Quote 0
                      • Roguer1R
                        Roguer1
                        last edited by

                        Those are great renders, thanks Shams!

                        I was really interested in the texture application process. I have all the render settings on their default but I don't really know what to do about the textures. If you could send me some info on what types of textures you use for what ad the levels you set them at. I just seem to get very rough metal and body paints...

                        Find all my models on the 3D Warehouse

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Reply Quote 0
                        • W
                          Wacov
                          last edited by

                          I've just starting to play around with Indigo. After a few attempts, I've settled with this render, at the max resolution the free version outputs. Finally finished, at 2000SPP! 1hr 30min.


                          Cool2.png

                          http://sketchup.google.com/3dwarehouse/cldetails?mid=3096a836877fb9af6cd8ad826e9017b8&prevstart=0

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          Reply Quote 0
                          • B
                            BLANK
                            last edited by

                            @unknownuser said:

                            I just seem to get very rough metal and body paints...

                            Ooooh. I actually change the metal coverage. Usually it's 0.2, I go for 0.05 or 0.01; keepin' it minimum. I don't really like the flakes - it makes it look like a tacky paintjob. Plus, the "metal" and "base" is the same (you probably did that, just mentioning it).

                            You should send me your procedures so I can see what you've done.

                            @wacov said:

                            1hr 30min.

                            Holy s**t! I feel your pain. I thought 8 mins. was far too much...

                            If only the Yakuza had heard of Australia... [url=http://sketchup.google.com/3dwarehouse/details?mid=cd46471677a3e490b8f4e95477ed5df:21uuz2ul]Ford Falcon sedan conversion[/url:21uuz2ul] [img:21uuz2ul]http://lh5.ggpht.com/_DXlDhsgmn6Q/S2Qi2PU4IJI/AAAAAAAAAuE/AqSICmCNiS4/s800/Untitled-1.jpg[/img:21uuz2ul]

                            1 Reply Last reply
                            Reply Quote 0
                            • R
                              remus
                              last edited by

                              If you think 1 hour 30 is bad i recommend you stay away from sss and cauchy b for the moment 😄

                              http://remusrendering.wordpress.com/

                              1 Reply Last reply
                              Reply Quote 0
                              • M
                                MrPlanet
                                last edited by

                                @blank said:

                                Holy s**t! I feel your pain. I thought 8 mins. was far too much...

                                You should try 45 hours straight with a failed render 💚

                                I reject your reality and substitute my own.

                                1 Reply Last reply
                                Reply Quote 0
                                • W
                                  Wacov
                                  last edited by

                                  Lol, I probably shoulda stopped at 1 hour. But it was still a little grainy 😄

                                  I could've done it in under 20 mins at a lower res, but it's just not the same... the time doesn't really bother me anyway, there are other things I can be getting on with. And Indigo's images are so perfect O_O

                                  http://sketchup.google.com/3dwarehouse/cldetails?mid=3096a836877fb9af6cd8ad826e9017b8&prevstart=0

                                  1 Reply Last reply
                                  Reply Quote 0
                                  • B
                                    BLANK
                                    last edited by

                                    @wacov said:

                                    Lol, I probably shoulda stopped at 1 hour. But it was still a little grainy

                                    @remus said:

                                    If you think 1 hour 30 is bad i recommend you stay away from sss and cauchy b for the moment

                                    Eeek, keep your horror stories to yourselves... 😞

                                    If only the Yakuza had heard of Australia... [url=http://sketchup.google.com/3dwarehouse/details?mid=cd46471677a3e490b8f4e95477ed5df:21uuz2ul]Ford Falcon sedan conversion[/url:21uuz2ul] [img:21uuz2ul]http://lh5.ggpht.com/_DXlDhsgmn6Q/S2Qi2PU4IJI/AAAAAAAAAuE/AqSICmCNiS4/s800/Untitled-1.jpg[/img:21uuz2ul]

                                    1 Reply Last reply
                                    Reply Quote 0
                                    • Roguer1R
                                      Roguer1
                                      last edited by

                                      Lol. 😄

                                      Good render btw, very nice!

                                      Very similar to my very old renders of my Maverick. I think I used Indigo too.

                                      Find all my models on the 3D Warehouse

                                      1 Reply Last reply
                                      Reply Quote 0
                                      • Roguer1R
                                        Roguer1
                                        last edited by

                                        Thanks for the render advice Shams.
                                        Milano.jpg

                                        Find all my models on the 3D Warehouse

                                        1 Reply Last reply
                                        Reply Quote 0
                                        • M
                                          MrPlanet
                                          last edited by

                                          Holy **** That looks AWESOME! How much render time was there? If it was under 15min, i will be amazed 😄

                                          I reject your reality and substitute my own.

                                          1 Reply Last reply
                                          Reply Quote 0
                                          • Roguer1R
                                            Roguer1
                                            last edited by

                                            Thanks

                                            Here is another
                                            Rogue Milano front.jpg

                                            Find all my models on the 3D Warehouse

                                            1 Reply Last reply
                                            Reply Quote 0

                                            Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                            Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                            With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                                            Register Login
                                            • 1
                                            • 2
                                            • 18
                                            • 19
                                            • 20
                                            • 21
                                            • 22
                                            • 46
                                            • 47
                                            • 20 / 47
                                            • First post
                                              Last post
                                            Buy SketchPlus
                                            Buy SUbD
                                            Buy WrapR
                                            Buy eBook
                                            Buy Modelur
                                            Buy Vertex Tools
                                            Buy SketchCuisine
                                            Buy FormFonts

                                            Advertisement