sketchucation logo sketchucation
    • Login
    Oops, your profile's looking a bit empty! To help us tailor your experience, please fill in key details like your SketchUp version, skill level, operating system, and more. Update and save your info on your profile page today!
    โš ๏ธ Update | Sketchucation Tools 5.0.8 released with licensing improvements and bugfixes Download

    A Welcome Message to New SketchUcation Members

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Newbie Forum
    sketchup
    1.4k Posts 667 Posters 1.2m Views 667 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • W
      wheezy
      last edited by

      Hello Sketchers!
      Just started using Sketchup 7 to create models of an invention I've dreamed up. I needed an easy way to create drawings for injection model makers to understand what I'm trying to achieve. It's been a huge time saver and perfect for designing prototypes. I've been amazed at what I can create with my limited knowledge. Really easy to get started.

      Before I was creating models out of clay. And since I have no artistic ability that was a serious waste of clay. ๐Ÿ˜ณ Now I can work out a design and make a prototype on a wood lathe.

      I've been going through the "DUH!" thread and find some great tips. Well off to the woodshop.

      1 Reply Last reply
      Reply Quote 0
      • GaieusG
        Gaieus
        last edited by

        Hi Wheezy and welcome!

        From the "DUH" thread, you can see that SU has its depths and even experienced users can learn something every day. Yet you are right; SU is great because even beginners can easily achieve success and thus be encouraged to go further.

        Gai...

        1 Reply Last reply
        Reply Quote 0
        • C
          Croatia SketchUp
          last edited by

          Hello

          My name is Kristijan, I'm 11, and I am from Croatia, I was started to work about 1 year ago, hope I will enjoy here.

          Sorry for my English.

          Do you now what will happend if you fall?

          You will fall!

          1 Reply Last reply
          Reply Quote 0
          • GaieusG
            Gaieus
            last edited by

            Zdravo Kristijan,

            (and in English, as my Croatian is a bit rusty), welcome to SCF! I actually know there's a similarly young person who is a member here from Croatia (Dubrovnik).

            Looking forward to seeing your models!

            Gai...

            1 Reply Last reply
            Reply Quote 0
            • C
              Croatia SketchUp
              last edited by

              And ho is that young boy from Dubrovnik?

              I'l send som pictures of my works, so you can se how I work.

              Do you now what will happend if you fall?

              You will fall!

              1 Reply Last reply
              Reply Quote 0
              • GaieusG
                Gaieus
                last edited by

                He's Robert Soletiฤ‡. Hasn't ben active for a while though. What exactly do you model?

                Gai...

                1 Reply Last reply
                Reply Quote 0
                • C
                  Croatia SketchUp
                  last edited by

                  Look at gallery-my gallery, I work everything

                  Do you now what will happend if you fall?

                  You will fall!

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Reply Quote 0
                  • V
                    vashstamp3de
                    last edited by

                    Hi!

                    Im John, but everyone calls me vash. Since the first time ive heard about sketchup from a friend, ive been curious on how flexible and easy it is to use.

                    Im an interior designer, and part of my duties are making models of interiors which is hard to do especially from other 3d software.

                    But as a start, here is one minor problem i wish to get removed.

                    http://img13.imageshack.us/img13/8198/edges.jpg

                    As you can see, its hard for me to work with this dark edges showing, although ive tried everything under View *menu bar(tuned off and on almost all command there), nothings seems to remove them.

                    If possible, I wish to see clean corners and joints. Need help, thank you!

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Reply Quote 0
                    • R
                      remus
                      last edited by

                      Hello vash ๐Ÿ‘

                      To get rid of those endpoints, go window->styles->edit then deselect endpoints. Its worth deselecting profiles while your at it, as they slow performance slightly and dont look particularly nice.

                      http://remusrendering.wordpress.com/

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Reply Quote 0
                      • Y
                        yf90
                        last edited by

                        Hi im new here
                        i would like to learn podium
                        mind anybody give me a tutorial pdf about it
                        thx btw!

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Reply Quote 0
                        • V
                          vashstamp3de
                          last edited by

                          Problem solve! Thank you, you're a great help!

                          @remus said:

                          Hello vash ๐Ÿ‘

                          To get rid of those endpoints, go window->styles->edit then deselect endpoints. Its worth deselecting profiles while your at it, as they slow performance slightly and dont look particularly nice.

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          Reply Quote 0
                          • C
                            Croatia SketchUp
                            last edited by

                            Hello yf90

                            Here's you'r help.

                            I think that, that is what you need.

                            Do you now what will happend if you fall?

                            You will fall!

                            1 Reply Last reply
                            Reply Quote 0
                            • A
                              afaque
                              last edited by

                              Hi My self afaque,
                              Could any one of you please tell me from where i can download @free scale . it feels to me its agreat plugin as i have gone through the videos

                              Thanks

                              1 Reply Last reply
                              Reply Quote 0
                              • GaieusG
                                Gaieus
                                last edited by

                                Hi Afaque and welcome.

                                Here is the plugin (attached at the bottom of the first post):
                                http://www.sketchucation.com/forums/scf/viewtopic.php?p=144180#p144180

                                Note that in order to use it, you'll also need to install this plugin:
                                http://www.sketchucation.com/forums/scf/viewtopic.php?f=180&t=17947#p144178

                                Both have folders and rb files inside; everything should go unchanged (i.e. keeping folder structure and all) directly under the Plugins folder.

                                Gai...

                                1 Reply Last reply
                                Reply Quote 0
                                • Y
                                  yf90
                                  last edited by

                                  Thx for all the help!
                                  im using artlantis currently
                                  is artlantis good?or podium?
                                  looking for a good renderer here

                                  1 Reply Last reply
                                  Reply Quote 0
                                  • M
                                    ml77
                                    last edited by

                                    I am a new member must know the load Vismat Material for Vray. ๐Ÿ’š ๐Ÿ’š

                                    1 Reply Last reply
                                    Reply Quote 0
                                    • W
                                      waredatamredpcdr
                                      last edited by

                                      Hello I have just downloaded this program, When i open it up I have a blank page, cannot see any lines or markings? What I'm I missing??

                                      1 Reply Last reply
                                      Reply Quote 0
                                      • S
                                        SuManSharma
                                        last edited by

                                        Hi All!! This is SuMan from India..
                                        Gud to be a member of this forum and looking forward to enhance my sketchup skills through your help ๐Ÿ‘ ...
                                        I use SU7 and want to know if there is any way to open the SU7 file in SU6 which can be edited in SU6..

                                        ThnQ,

                                        1 Reply Last reply
                                        Reply Quote 0
                                        • R
                                          remus
                                          last edited by

                                          Welcome SUman,

                                          If you go file->save as then change the format to SU 6 you will then be able to open your SU7 files in SU6.

                                          http://remusrendering.wordpress.com/

                                          1 Reply Last reply
                                          Reply Quote 0
                                          • GaieusG
                                            Gaieus
                                            last edited by

                                            @waredatamredpcdr said:

                                            Hello I have just downloaded this program, When i open it up I have a blank page, cannot see any lines or markings? What I'm I missing??

                                            Hello Nora and welcome.

                                            Can't you see anything when drawing (say) a line either?

                                            Could you try this test: Go to Window > Preferences > OpenGL and uncheck "Hardware acceleration". If this "seems" to help, try to update your video driver rather than leaving it like this (because without HW acceleration SU can be slower).

                                            What video card do you have by the way?

                                            Gai...

                                            1 Reply Last reply
                                            Reply Quote 0

                                            Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                            Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                            With your input, this post could be even better ๐Ÿ’—

                                            Register Login
                                            • 1
                                            • 2
                                            • 3
                                            • 4
                                            • 5
                                            • 72
                                            • 73
                                            • 1 / 73
                                            • First post
                                              Last post
                                            Buy SketchPlus
                                            Buy SUbD
                                            Buy WrapR
                                            Buy eBook
                                            Buy Modelur
                                            Buy Vertex Tools
                                            Buy SketchCuisine
                                            Buy FormFonts

                                            Advertisement