sketchucation logo sketchucation
    • Login
    Oops, your profile's looking a bit empty! To help us tailor your experience, please fill in key details like your SketchUp version, skill level, operating system, and more. Update and save your info on your profile page today!
    ⚠️ Update | Sketchucation Tools 5.0.8 released with licensing improvements and bugfixes Download

    A Welcome Message to New SketchUcation Members

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Newbie Forum
    sketchup
    1.4k Posts 667 Posters 1.2m Views 667 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • D
      diabloho
      last edited by

      I may have a better idea than bringing in the surface and or the feature lines. I now have the polylines at 0 elevation and am connecting the different elevations in a crisscross design and then using the pull command to give the hill the required height. I’m not sure if this is the best way but it is producing results. 😍

      1 Reply Last reply
      Reply Quote 0
      • W
        wmanning
        last edited by

        Diabloho,

        Thanks for the heads up that IDX was crashing for you -- I assume that is the free version for PC. A few users have had that problem and we're expecting a fix to be released later today if you're interested.

        -- William

        1 Reply Last reply
        Reply Quote 0
        • M
          Malert
          last edited by

          Hi my name is Mikhail, I new to the whole sketchup program as well as this forum and I just wanted to make sure that this was the right place for me to ask future questions about sketchup when I run into problems.

          1 Reply Last reply
          Reply Quote 0
          • troyhomeT
            troyhome
            last edited by

            You bet it is... welcome to Sketchup (crowd cheers)

            IOviz.com
            SU Pro 2024 PC

            1 Reply Last reply
            Reply Quote 0
            • C
              CameronVan
              last edited by

              Long time SU user.
              No longer a lurker here.

              Great site!

              1 Reply Last reply
              Reply Quote 0
              • Chris FullmerC
                Chris Fullmer
                last edited by

                Cool, good to have you!

                Chris

                Lately you've been tan, suspicious for the winter.
                All my Plugins I've written

                1 Reply Last reply
                Reply Quote 0
                • GaieusG
                  Gaieus
                  last edited by

                  Welcome, Mikhail and yes, this is the place.

                  Also, glad you broke the silence, Cameron! πŸ‘

                  Gai...

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Reply Quote 0
                  • D
                    Dorsal
                    last edited by

                    Hello - I just joined the Forum, so I can learn Sketchup for drawing plans for my new Phlatprinter. Wahoo!
                    Not a newbie to solid modeling and drafting, but I use SDRC I-Deas at work and Sketchup speaks in a different language. Hope you folks don't mind dumb questions. 😳

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Reply Quote 0
                    • GaieusG
                      Gaieus
                      last edited by

                      Welcome Dorsal and no, we don't mind dumb questions. We all used to ask them at a certain point. πŸ˜„

                      Gai...

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Reply Quote 0
                      • R
                        remus
                        last edited by

                        I still ask them on a regular basis πŸ‘ and welcome.

                        http://remusrendering.wordpress.com/

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Reply Quote 0
                        • GaieusG
                          Gaieus
                          last edited by

                          Yeah, I can confirm that! πŸ˜„

                          Gai...

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          Reply Quote 0
                          • T
                            Tekkybot
                            last edited by

                            @chris fullmer said:

                            Welcome, and one way to do that is to make the one block. THen select it all and turn it into a component. Then copy and paste the component (or I would use the move tool and hold down ctrl (on a PC)). Move+ctrl = move a copy. So this would would move a copy of the component over to where I want it. Then with the copy of the component, I would select it and activate the scale tool and scale it to negative 1 along the same axis I moved it. So if I moved the copy along the red axis, I would then scale the copy to -1 along the red axis too.

                            So now I would edit one of the components and it will change both components equally, but mirrored towards eachother, thus giving you the symmetry you need.

                            It sounds much more complicated than it actually is. I can put together a quick tutorial if my vague instructions don't help, or there probably is one already in the tutorials section on the forum. At any rate, have fun with SketchUp!

                            Chris

                            oh, I forgot to mention that you can not push/pull 2 faces simultaneously in SketchUp, though I think there might be an additional script you can download and install that will give you this functionality. Someone else will have to provide a link to this though.

                            just figured this out

                            1 Reply Last reply
                            Reply Quote 0
                            • A
                              Aernoud
                              last edited by

                              Hi everyone!
                              Im Aernoud and im 16 years old, i really like sketchup and it is as a hobby for me!
                              I really like organic modeling, (im going to buy the smooth subdivide tool soon πŸ˜› )
                              Most of the time i make animal models, or own designed Metroid prime models.
                              Im not new to Sketchup but im new to this forum!

                              I already checked the gallery on the forum! Fantastic work to see there!
                              My models can been seen on the 3d warehouse...
                              Im currently working on a great progress, T-REX... Hope i can animate it with help.. in blender3d...

                              Aernoud

                              Currently SU project:

                              • Metroid Prime large leviathan (own design)
                              • Metroid prime plasma turret (own design)
                              • Metroid prime Armour clubber (own design)
                              • The Minas Tirith project
                              • Mobile phone (own design)
                              1 Reply Last reply
                              Reply Quote 0
                              • M
                                Malert
                                last edited by

                                I would like to know how you make a group or copy of one object after selecting it..any help please

                                1 Reply Last reply
                                Reply Quote 0
                                • R
                                  remus
                                  last edited by

                                  To make a group, right click->make group.

                                  To copy that group, get the move tool, press ctrl and then move a copy of the object.

                                  hello btw πŸ˜„

                                  http://remusrendering.wordpress.com/

                                  1 Reply Last reply
                                  Reply Quote 0
                                  • F
                                    fkareem
                                    last edited by

                                    What's up everyone? I am new to this forum! I am architectural intern who is really interested in learning a lot more about sketchup. I have been using sketchup since it's @Last days. I am very proud to see what a powerful tool it has become. I look forward to using the tips here to further my career.

                                    1 Reply Last reply
                                    Reply Quote 0
                                    • R
                                      remus
                                      last edited by

                                      Hello, if its tips you looking for im sure youll find them in ample supply here πŸ˜„

                                      http://remusrendering.wordpress.com/

                                      1 Reply Last reply
                                      Reply Quote 0
                                      • S
                                        skyscraper100
                                        last edited by

                                        Hi to all! im new here πŸ˜„ im skyscraper100


                                        The way you think Creates reality for yourself.

                                        1 Reply Last reply
                                        Reply Quote 0
                                        • GaieusG
                                          Gaieus
                                          last edited by

                                          Yes, we already know:
                                          http://www.sketchucation.com/forums/scf/viewtopic.php?f=79&t=12959
                                          But welcome again! Glad to see you are as happy with it as me! πŸ˜„

                                          Gai...

                                          1 Reply Last reply
                                          Reply Quote 0
                                          • E
                                            EstuaryPig
                                            last edited by

                                            Hi Friendly Peeps,

                                            Thanks for a welcoming and informative community.

                                            Sketchup is a relaxing hobby for me. So much fun, free!

                                            And a novicey question: I tweaked a model that is GoogleEarth ready, and now when I visit it on GoogleEarth it is a grotesque hybrid of my new and earlier versions. Will this settle by itself in a day or two?

                                            Thank you.

                                            Up the road, down the road.

                                            1 Reply Last reply
                                            Reply Quote 0

                                            Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                            Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                            With your input, this post could be even better πŸ’—

                                            Register Login
                                            • 1
                                            • 2
                                            • 61
                                            • 62
                                            • 63
                                            • 64
                                            • 65
                                            • 72
                                            • 73
                                            • 63 / 73
                                            • First post
                                              Last post
                                            Buy SketchPlus
                                            Buy SUbD
                                            Buy WrapR
                                            Buy eBook
                                            Buy Modelur
                                            Buy Vertex Tools
                                            Buy SketchCuisine
                                            Buy FormFonts

                                            Advertisement