sketchucation logo sketchucation
    • Login
    Oops, your profile's looking a bit empty! To help us tailor your experience, please fill in key details like your SketchUp version, skill level, operating system, and more. Update and save your info on your profile page today!
    ⚠️ Update | Sketchucation Tools 5.0.8 released with licensing improvements and bugfixes Download

    A Welcome Message to New SketchUcation Members

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Newbie Forum
    sketchup
    1.4k Posts 667 Posters 1.2m Views 667 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • I
      IndyDog
      last edited by

      Hi all...noob here. I'm a remodeler in CT looking to learn as much as possible quickly on SketchUp. Looks like a great program and I'll be eventually designing additions, built-ins, basements, etc with this tool to help increase the professionalism of my company and hopefully make a few extra $$ and close deals. The forum looks like a nice resource for this pursuit and I look forward to be a contributing member some day.

      No questions yet but I'm sure I'll be full of them in the upcoming weeks.

      1 Reply Last reply
      Reply Quote 0
      • M
        mountainjohn
        last edited by

        I am an ex-graphics artist, now master electrician specializing in overseas construction at american embassies and have used SU on more than one building remodeling project, at work and at home. I have been using the free version of SU, but I didn't make much progress until I worked my way through a few tutorials. Now, I build all my projects in SketchUp before I start the real thing. One thing I know for sure is that it would be easier to build models if I knew more shortcuts and tools. I got here following a link to Curviloft. I can see now that there is a whole lot more to SketchUp, especially with plug-ins. Thanks for the Forum!

        1 Reply Last reply
        Reply Quote 0
        • GaieusG
          Gaieus
          last edited by

          Hi John and welcome! Glad you subscribed to the SketchUpdate Newsletter! 😄

          Gai...

          1 Reply Last reply
          Reply Quote 0
          • A
            Araubies
            last edited by

            😒 Ok hey guys, so I am new to SketchUP, I hope someone is awake to help me, I am from South Africa. My name is Anne-Marie and I am busy drawing a house, eventually I will have to draw a whole factory, now I am panicked because I had the SU Podium as a free plugin, now that was a year ago, it has expired... Is there a plugin I can download that is user friendly, and foolproof?? 😳

            Great to see so many people here!!!

            1 Reply Last reply
            Reply Quote 0
            • N
              Neodimium
              last edited by

              Hi all, just want to introduce myself... Im from Croatia, and you can call me Neo.
              (-:

              1 Reply Last reply
              Reply Quote 0
              • E
                energysnake
                last edited by

                Hello, my name is Martin, I create a visualization of wooden packaging, and after using it I draw everything that surrounds me and inspires. 😄
                Regards

                1 Reply Last reply
                Reply Quote 0
                • GaieusG
                  Gaieus
                  last edited by

                  Hello Martin and welcome!

                  Gai...

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Reply Quote 0
                  • T
                    theoss
                    last edited by

                    Hi, I'm Theo from Oss and I joined the forum to download the bezierspline plugin. About 5 years ago I made a 3d model of a boat and now I have no idea how I made the curvy lines on the boat back then. Hopefully I can come to the same result with the plugin.

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Reply Quote 0
                    • T
                      theoss
                      last edited by

                      excellent plugin! just the curvy lines i needed!

                      http://www.tijdelijk.theoss.nl/vletraamwerk.png

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Reply Quote 0
                      • D
                        dbroderick
                        last edited by

                        Hello my name is Dylan and I joined today. I have been working with the trial version for a couple weeks now. Been watching the You Tube videos and tutorials. But,still have a ton of questions. I an really having fun with it.

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Reply Quote 0
                        • pbacotP
                          pbacot
                          last edited by

                          Welcome, Dylan. After a couple years you may "still" have even more questions. It seems there is always someone here who can answer them .

                          Peter

                          MacOSX MojaveSketchUp Pro v19 Twilight v2 Thea v3 PowerCADD

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          Reply Quote 0
                          • H
                            Hussel Hann
                            last edited by

                            Hi all..

                            My name is Hussel Hann..its a great pleasure to know y'all.
                            After seeing all the masterpiece inside the gallery...geezzz...i feel like i am just a little kid who just learn how to hold a pencil. you guys are great, and your design are more than amazing. Wish to be just like y'all. I knew about google sketchup a couple of weeks ago and immediately fall in love with it. Hope that i can show my design soon.

                            Thank u sketchucation. 😄

                            1 Reply Last reply
                            Reply Quote 0
                            • A
                              alexus
                              last edited by

                              Hello,
                              I am French and I live in Paris. I teach technology in middle school. I would like improve my abilities to use Sketchup. The trouble is I am not very good at English, espacially at "technical English". So I would like to participate at french forum. I think I chekboxed in French forum, but it looks that it does'nt work...
                              Thank you for your answer.
                              Alexus

                              1 Reply Last reply
                              Reply Quote 0
                              • GaieusG
                                Gaieus
                                last edited by

                                Hi Alexus and welcome!

                                Do you teach SketchUp? 😄

                                Your usergroup settings seem to work and you are in the French usergroup. You should be able to see and post in the French forum now.

                                Beware of Pilou! 😄

                                Gai...

                                1 Reply Last reply
                                Reply Quote 0
                                • A
                                  alexus
                                  last edited by

                                  Thank you for your answer.
                                  I got this message "Congratulations,
                                  You have been added to the "Français" group on "SketchUcation Community
                                  Forums
                                  ".
                                  But when I click I get "You are not authorised to view the member list or profiles".
                                  Does it means I have to wait a little bit or something is it wrong ?
                                  I answer your question : Yes I would like to teach sketchup seriously, but I have no lesson ready to use which is related with the national Technology program. Anyway, I have to learn much more about Sketchup.
                                  By the way, I am 51 and some of my pupils know Sketchup and they are much better than me...
                                  See you.
                                  Alexus

                                  1 Reply Last reply
                                  Reply Quote 0
                                  • GaieusG
                                    Gaieus
                                    last edited by

                                    @alexus said:

                                    Does it means I have to wait a little bit

                                    Yes, newly registered members have some limited permissions for a short while. Here it's about the member list and profiles, not the forum itself

                                    However at the bottom of the forum index, you should see the French forum.

                                    Gai...

                                    1 Reply Last reply
                                    Reply Quote 0
                                    • C
                                      Cherryni
                                      last edited by

                                      Thanks for your kind message!

                                      1 Reply Last reply
                                      Reply Quote 0
                                      • E
                                        Errant
                                        last edited by

                                        Hello 😄

                                        Just installed SU8 Pro and am trying to learn the ropes. Went through the Google tutorials and am hooked. I'm looking forward to playing/learning more!

                                        1 Reply Last reply
                                        Reply Quote 0
                                        • N
                                          Nentautako
                                          last edited by

                                          hi all... this is newby from indonesia, its been 3 years i knew this gorgeous application... i dont spend much time in sketchup cause i'm 2D designer... most of time i'm using corel and illustrator. but i kept 2 gigas of sketchup designs download from the Warehouse.....

                                          currently i am challenge to build a 3D design of indonesian motorcyles.... it should be a honor if i could meet or introduced someone here by the name of MANDUN.... who is this great brother? i love your work of HONDA HORNET 600F... 😉

                                          1 Reply Last reply
                                          Reply Quote 0
                                          • GaieusG
                                            Gaieus
                                            last edited by

                                            Hi Roy and welcome!

                                            Unfortunately we do not have a member with this username - I am not sure if he is a member here maybe with another alias...

                                            Gai...

                                            1 Reply Last reply
                                            Reply Quote 0

                                            Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                            Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                            With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                                            Register Login
                                            • 1
                                            • 2
                                            • 8
                                            • 9
                                            • 10
                                            • 11
                                            • 12
                                            • 72
                                            • 73
                                            • 10 / 73
                                            • First post
                                              Last post
                                            Buy SketchPlus
                                            Buy SUbD
                                            Buy WrapR
                                            Buy eBook
                                            Buy Modelur
                                            Buy Vertex Tools
                                            Buy SketchCuisine
                                            Buy FormFonts

                                            Advertisement