sketchucation logo sketchucation
    • Login
    Oops, your profile's looking a bit empty! To help us tailor your experience, please fill in key details like your SketchUp version, skill level, operating system, and more. Update and save your info on your profile page today!
    ⚠️ Update | Sketchucation Tools 5.0.8 released with licensing improvements and bugfixes Download

    A,B, Sketches

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Gallery
    37 Posts 5 Posters 4.7k Views 5 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • majidM
      majid @majid
      last edited by

      Just imagine they could be plans/sections/facades of buildings such as houses, complexes, hospitals, hotels, etc...
      AcroRd32_r0mWXhqWnD.png AcroRd32_tRrDrfHHno.png AcroRd32_VhFXc4Pjup.png AcroRd32_VR1xBWGxXp.png AcroRd32_vy9NTt7WNv.png AcroRd32_yS1cRKbD4A.png AcroRd32_Ywf4IaTrgs.png AcroRd32_zirVhKKpPg.png AcroRd32_zLAvmKFgGv.png

      My inspiring A, B, Sketches book: https://sketchucation.com/shop/books/intermediate/2612-alphabet-inspired-sketches--inspiring-drills-for-architects--3d-artists-and-designers-

      majidM 1 Reply Last reply
      Reply Quote 0
      • majidM
        majid @majid
        last edited by

        Now let's imagine some of them as 3D objects/buildings.
        AcroRd32_5EhiY3MuQ2.png AcroRd32_5IpSVifvg6.png AcroRd32_85x4cxFJOW.png AcroRd32_ASvhpkSnEn.png AcroRd32_CmiC0gVKMQ.png AcroRd32_xMrtJ6UNZB.png AcroRd32_yjKIi3Xtbg.png

        My inspiring A, B, Sketches book: https://sketchucation.com/shop/books/intermediate/2612-alphabet-inspired-sketches--inspiring-drills-for-architects--3d-artists-and-designers-

        1 Reply Last reply
        Reply Quote 0
        • L
          L i am
          last edited by

          Have always been a big fan of your sketches mate not to mention your conceptual synthesis 10/10

          majidM 1 Reply Last reply
          Reply Quote 2
          • majidM
            majid @L i am
            last edited by majid

            @L-i-am I got a diploma in mathematics and was into algorithmic thinking. Then tried to learn architecture during university with my analytic mindset. So I see it like a procedure, not like those who do magic out of a black box. For some years, I had this chance to teach architecture, and after years, sometimes students call me to thank my way of teaching. I hope I have the chance again; this is the most satisfying job for me.

            My inspiring A, B, Sketches book: https://sketchucation.com/shop/books/intermediate/2612-alphabet-inspired-sketches--inspiring-drills-for-architects--3d-artists-and-designers-

            majidM 1 Reply Last reply
            Reply Quote 2
            • majidM
              majid @majid
              last edited by

              Let's proceed with the letter "J".
              I wish I could share more of each letter.
              AcroRd32_J2wqogysqt.png AcroRd32_QL976XHe2B.png AcroRd32_S1gekom0rO.png AcroRd32_SAtwD0fV2f.png AcroRd32_xKoDJAEjLs.png

              My inspiring A, B, Sketches book: https://sketchucation.com/shop/books/intermediate/2612-alphabet-inspired-sketches--inspiring-drills-for-architects--3d-artists-and-designers-

              1 Reply Last reply
              Reply Quote 0
              • majidM
                majid
                last edited by

                Maybe sharing the progress process could be more interesting so here are samples:
                AcroRd32_h3mrTdRTzi.png AcroRd32_S1gekom0rO.png AcroRd32_xe0IZtbkbw.png

                AcroRd32_S1Zb0nuzYn.png

                My inspiring A, B, Sketches book: https://sketchucation.com/shop/books/intermediate/2612-alphabet-inspired-sketches--inspiring-drills-for-architects--3d-artists-and-designers-

                majidM 1 Reply Last reply
                Reply Quote 1
                • majidM
                  majid @majid
                  last edited by

                  I polished some of old sketches. These ones are the letter "C":
                  20260201_153424.jpg

                  a20260202_162101.jpg

                  20260203_154043.jpg

                  My inspiring A, B, Sketches book: https://sketchucation.com/shop/books/intermediate/2612-alphabet-inspired-sketches--inspiring-drills-for-architects--3d-artists-and-designers-

                  majidM 1 Reply Last reply
                  Reply Quote 0
                  • majidM
                    majid @majid
                    last edited by

                    20260203_155445.jpg
                    somehow similar to this:
                    https://www.german-architects.com/images/Projects/92/03/99/9fcc62d284ae4866ab3ac38f35b5d3a9/9fcc62d284ae4866ab3ac38f35b5d3a9.6e7b65d0.jpg?1493370410
                    and this other C :
                    20260203_160547.jpg

                    My inspiring A, B, Sketches book: https://sketchucation.com/shop/books/intermediate/2612-alphabet-inspired-sketches--inspiring-drills-for-architects--3d-artists-and-designers-

                    majidM 1 Reply Last reply
                    Reply Quote 0
                    • majidM
                      majid @majid
                      last edited by majid

                      Using my cellphone, I filmed and described my sketching process and asked a friend to turn them into neat videos ... Here is a glimpse into the letter "M": I hope many find it useful, especially when AI is erasing our creativity!
                      Adobe_Premiere_Pro_CQNYJjMjsw.png

                      explorer_FWKXmyYBwv.png

                      My inspiring A, B, Sketches book: https://sketchucation.com/shop/books/intermediate/2612-alphabet-inspired-sketches--inspiring-drills-for-architects--3d-artists-and-designers-

                      ntxdaveN 1 Reply Last reply
                      Reply Quote 1
                      • ntxdaveN
                        ntxdave @majid
                        last edited by

                        @majid Can you share the video?

                        Press F1...thank me later

                        majidM 1 Reply Last reply
                        Reply Quote 1
                        • majidM
                          majid @ntxdave
                          last edited by majid

                          @ntxdave For sure. Plz DM your email, and I will share this video.
                          I will also publish the entire series from A to Z soon (hopefully)

                          My inspiring A, B, Sketches book: https://sketchucation.com/shop/books/intermediate/2612-alphabet-inspired-sketches--inspiring-drills-for-architects--3d-artists-and-designers-

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          Reply Quote 0
                          • ntxdaveN
                            ntxdave
                            last edited by

                            I was able to download and watch your video. I thought it was very interesting, but I am not sure I fully understood the building you drew in the video.

                            I enjoyed watching the video and your drawing talent. I am not sure I fully understood the building you drew but the process you used was very interesting. I enjoyed watching the different tools you used to create the drawing. I am not an artist, so I thought I might have learned some things from you. Maybe my age is holding me back a little πŸ™‚

                            SketchUp has kind of priced me out of the market so I have been trying to learn how to use Blender, but it is a hard tool to learn (maybe it is another age issue :-)).

                            For several years now though, I have enjoyed seeing your contributions to the forum and hope you continue to post things here for the whole world to enjoy and learn from. Keep it up!

                            Press F1...thank me later

                            majidM 1 Reply Last reply
                            Reply Quote 2
                            • majidM
                              majid @ntxdave
                              last edited by

                              @ntxdave Dear Dave, due to your suggestion I am sharing this video for free as a gift to our lovely society:
                              https://drive.google.com/file/d/15J6I6plQTkiBSfHnIzeV5pQghn8e73tY/view?usp=sharing
                              This is based on the book A, B, Sketches, which is dedicated to creative thinking on forms and here the forms are inspired by the alphabet. I filmed 7 , short (6-11 min each) videos for each letter and here is the last video of the letter "M".
                              I hope it helps you think creatively about any other "object," not only the alphabet solely...
                              Also, I have tried to keep the tools very limited and simple: A pencil, a felt-tip pen, a black whiteboard marker are used for A-E, and gradually I have added a blue, a green, a brown, and a gray sketching marker. The core question is creative thinking and enjoying your time. I will share some more free samples here.

                              My inspiring A, B, Sketches book: https://sketchucation.com/shop/books/intermediate/2612-alphabet-inspired-sketches--inspiring-drills-for-architects--3d-artists-and-designers-

                              1 Reply Last reply
                              Reply Quote 2
                              • majidM
                                majid
                                last edited by

                                I would love to have your feedback, mates... It really helps me.
                                So please feel free to give me your ideas/pieces of advice...

                                My inspiring A, B, Sketches book: https://sketchucation.com/shop/books/intermediate/2612-alphabet-inspired-sketches--inspiring-drills-for-architects--3d-artists-and-designers-

                                majidM 1 Reply Last reply
                                Reply Quote 0
                                • majidM
                                  majid @majid
                                  last edited by majid

                                  Finally, I shared the first series on Gumroad. It is on the letter "A", called THE ALPHABET OF FORM β€” β€œA”:
                                  One may be inspired to make a 3D model of those sketches
                                  https://magid.gumroad.com/l/lnyurf
                                  Slide3.PNG

                                  My inspiring A, B, Sketches book: https://sketchucation.com/shop/books/intermediate/2612-alphabet-inspired-sketches--inspiring-drills-for-architects--3d-artists-and-designers-

                                  1 Reply Last reply
                                  Reply Quote 0
                                  • majidM
                                    majid
                                    last edited by

                                    Any feedback would be constructive, so if anyone has taken the course, it would be much appreciated if they could please give me their feedback.

                                    My inspiring A, B, Sketches book: https://sketchucation.com/shop/books/intermediate/2612-alphabet-inspired-sketches--inspiring-drills-for-architects--3d-artists-and-designers-

                                    1 Reply Last reply
                                    Reply Quote 1

                                    Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                    Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                    With your input, this post could be even better πŸ’—

                                    Register Login
                                    • 1
                                    • 2
                                    • 2 / 2
                                    • First post
                                      Last post
                                    Buy SketchPlus
                                    Buy SUbD
                                    Buy WrapR
                                    Buy eBook
                                    Buy Modelur
                                    Buy Vertex Tools
                                    Buy SketchCuisine
                                    Buy FormFonts

                                    Advertisement