sketchucation logo sketchucation
    • Login
    Oops, your profile's looking a bit empty! To help us tailor your experience, please fill in key details like your SketchUp version, skill level, operating system, and more. Update and save your info on your profile page today!
    ⚠️ Update | Sketchucation Tools 5.0.8 released with licensing improvements and bugfixes Download

    Back to basics arhcviz

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Gallery
    32 Posts 7 Posters 13.0k Views 7 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • Mike AmosM
      Mike Amos
      last edited by

      Sharp as mate. πŸ‘Š

      Absentia mortis praesentiam vitae probat, vita autem est argumentum constantiae.

      1 Reply Last reply
      Reply Quote 0
      • Bryan KB
        Bryan K
        last edited by

        @mike amos said:

        Sharp as mate. πŸ‘Š

        If you mean the renders, thanks! (however, the model is from the warehouse. I had mentioned it, but then edited the first post and did not notice I had deleted the credits)

        See my portfolio at https://delphiscousin.blogspot.com/

        1 Reply Last reply
        Reply Quote 0
        • tuna1957T
          tuna1957
          last edited by

          Really like the progression you made with this one. Only critique I will make is in the last version I think I would have use a slightly darker color for the driveway. Something a little darker than the overall color of the house ..... But that's just me..
          None the less it's still a great job. πŸ‘

          1 Reply Last reply
          Reply Quote 0
          • Bryan KB
            Bryan K
            last edited by

            @tuna1957 said:

            Really like the progression you made with this one.

            Thanks.

            @unknownuser said:

            Only critique I will make is in the last version I think I would have use a slightly darker color for the driveway. Something a little darker than the overall color of the house ..... But that's just me..
            None the less it's still a great job. πŸ‘

            THAT's what was bugging me about it but I couldn't put my finger on it! Good catch! Thanks! Absolutely too light compared to the house.

            See my portfolio at https://delphiscousin.blogspot.com/

            1 Reply Last reply
            Reply Quote 0
            • Bryan KB
              Bryan K
              last edited by

              Darker driveway as suggested.


              faux french mansion9.jpg

              See my portfolio at https://delphiscousin.blogspot.com/

              1 Reply Last reply
              Reply Quote 0
              • Mike AmosM
                Mike Amos
                last edited by

                πŸ‘ πŸ‘

                Absentia mortis praesentiam vitae probat, vita autem est argumentum constantiae.

                1 Reply Last reply
                Reply Quote 0
                • tuna1957T
                  tuna1957
                  last edited by

                  Nice πŸ‘

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Reply Quote 0
                  • Bryan KB
                    Bryan K
                    last edited by

                    Thanks mike and tuna. πŸ‘

                    See my portfolio at https://delphiscousin.blogspot.com/

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Reply Quote 0
                    • majidM
                      majid
                      last edited by

                      Great stuff. Is there any way to prevent repetitive ground texture ? i.e. combining 2 or more layers of materials masking using an organic texture? (This is the way Kerkythea, Thea and V-ray does)

                      My inspiring A, B, Sketches book: https://sketchucation.com/shop/books/intermediate/2612-alphabet-inspired-sketches--inspiring-drills-for-architects--3d-artists-and-designers-

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Reply Quote 0
                      • Bryan KB
                        Bryan K
                        last edited by

                        @majid said:

                        Great stuff. Is there any way to prevent repetitive ground texture ? i.e. combining 2 or more layers of materials masking using an organic texture? (This is the way Kerkythea, Thea and V-ray does)

                        Thanks. πŸ‘

                        To answer the question, there may be, but I do not know what the trick is yet.

                        For the wall texture, I enlarged the material. That works sometimes. For the paving, I shrank the material and this unfortunately amplified the repeat. Yet the pavers were obviously too large to start with and had to be shrunk.

                        I'm still experimenting, which is what all my recent renders have really been about.

                        See my portfolio at https://delphiscousin.blogspot.com/

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Reply Quote 0

                        Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                        Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                        With your input, this post could be even better πŸ’—

                        Register Login
                        • 1
                        • 2
                        • 2 / 2
                        • First post
                          Last post
                        Buy SketchPlus
                        Buy SUbD
                        Buy WrapR
                        Buy eBook
                        Buy Modelur
                        Buy Vertex Tools
                        Buy SketchCuisine
                        Buy FormFonts

                        Advertisement